Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 10:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Which Jeep To Buy

After the long wait for thar I decided to buy a Jeep (This time mind wins) .My plan is Buy a 4WD VFM Jeep and wait for the Thar with FF AC and quality interiors. From DB's and vinod's post I understand it will take time.So I shortlisted restored MM550 and Mahindra CLASSIC. from this two Which one is more Value for Money ? (I don't want to lose money while selling it) what will be the normal price range of this two vehicles ? does the classic comes with LSD ?

- Sreejesh
sreejeshmp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 13:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
So I shortlisted restored MM550 and Mahindra CLASSIC. from this two Which one is more Value for Money ? (I don't want to lose money while selling it) what will be the normal price range of this two vehicles ? does the classic comes with LSD ?

- Sreejesh
Hi Sreejesh,
In my opinion MM550 is more value for money. I have recently bought Classic, base price of classic starts at 2.2 to 2.5 lacs. It has noisy XDP engine and can accommodate 4 people,whereas in case of 550 you can get well restored vehicle for 2.75 to 3 lacs which has refined xd3p engine can accommodate 7-8 people and has better handling than classic.
Most important Classic has become rare vehicle now, you need to search a lot, but 550 is easily available.But in offroading being SWB classic has many advantages.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 18:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

I know of a Willys converted to Classic with a Peugeot engine for sale in Mumbai. (will find out which one) Is fully painted just recently with everything. Was offered only yesterday. Asking price is 2.75 but is opento offers. Will try getting pics!
Old 30th May 2011, 14:48   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I know of a Willys converted to Classic with a Peugeot engine for sale in Mumbai. (will find out which one) Is fully painted just recently with everything. Was offered only yesterday. Asking price is 2.75 but is opento offers. Will try getting pics!
Sir,
Waiting to see the promised pictures.
regards
salil
Old 30th May 2011, 23:06   #50
Senior - BHPian

As soon as i get back. Am outta town now, back on the 1st.
Old 24th June 2011, 21:31   #51
BHPian

Im on the lookout for a diesel 4x4 Jeep as well , But like most people Im not quite able to make my mind up which Jeep to go for , I do like the mahindra major 8seater / Mahindra MM550 DP 4wd ST , I would like a open top Jeep , the fog lights or whacky paint jobs do not catch my fancy. The jeep will see city usage more than offroading, I own a Maruti Omni which I drive for family & a Royal Enfield which is my commuting vehicle, With a modest budget of 2L what can I expect to get ?

And what are the major differences between MM550 DP /XD/XDB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks