Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2008, 16:28   #46
BHPian

that is a very nice looking jeep that your friend has got. Can you please post the price
Old 11th December 2008, 19:15   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYJ View Post
are the original seats and the soft top of an original classic available..??please help me out in finding these..
No idea about seats but soft tops with hardware fittings available from Bombay. Please talk to Siva he recently bought the whole pack for his classic.
Old 11th December 2008, 22:44   #48
SYJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I see a chandigarh registration number
was it purchased from chandigarh?
its from patiala,punjab

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
SYJ - is that you at the drivers seat in the second photo above ? That looks like an old acquaintance - Kuttan - from Cochin . remember going to his workshop to do some odd work for my RD some 4-5 years back

yup!! you arent mistaken. its kuttan from cochin
Old 12th December 2008, 22:05   #49
BHPian

Quote:
are the original seats and the soft top of an original classic available..??please help me out in finding these..
hi.. i did purchase a soft top with the doors from vijayawada. I had been there for a 2-day visit and managed to get hold of the last remaining soft top for Rs. 4,000. i think siva got the soft top for his jeep from some dealer in mumbai.
experts need your help in the following matter..
i had informed you all about the 95 model cl-340-dp-4wd which my cousin recently purchased. i am planning to get a soft top (with doors and fittings) from mumbai. now my question to all of you is, is there any difference in chasis (length-wise) between a cl-340-classic and my cl340-dp?? i just dont want to end up buying the soft top and find out later that the classic chasis is shorter than (or longer than) the chasis of a 95 model cl-340 !! will the soft top of the classic be a direct fit to my jeep??? i dont have the pics of the jeep, as its presently undergoing restoration (planning to convert it into an exact replica of the classic!! hopefully ). but i think samurai's jeep looks similar to my cousins jeep. has mahindra altered the length of the chasis between the year 1995-1997 when classic was introduced?? experts guide me!!
Old 14th December 2008, 10:28   #50
SYJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
hi.. i did purchase a soft top with the doors from vijayawada. I had been there for a 2-day visit and managed to get hold of the last remaining soft top for Rs. 4,000. i think siva got the soft top for his jeep from some dealer in mumbai.
experts need your help in the following matter..
i had informed you all about the 95 model cl-340-dp-4wd which my cousin recently purchased. i am planning to get a soft top (with doors and fittings) from mumbai. now my question to all of you is, is there any difference in chasis (length-wise) between a cl-340-classic and my cl340-dp?? i just dont want to end up buying the soft top and find out later that the classic chasis is shorter than (or longer than) the chasis of a 95 model cl-340 !! will the soft top of the classic be a direct fit to my jeep??? i dont have the pics of the jeep, as its presently undergoing restoration (planning to convert it into an exact replica of the classic!! hopefully ). but i think samurai's jeep looks similar to my cousins jeep. has mahindra altered the length of the chasis between the year 1995-1997 when classic was introduced?? experts guide me!!
dont feel there is any change in length of a classic and a cl340..not sure
Old 14th December 2008, 10:30   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
dont feel there is any change in length of a classic and a cl340..not sure
Yup, there is no difference, both are 80 inch wheelbase. Only the axle is wider in classic, 51 inch vs 48 inch in non-classic.
Old 14th December 2008, 11:11   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Yup, there is no difference, both are 80 inch wheelbase. Only the axle is wider in classic, 51 inch vs 48 inch in non-classic.
thanks samurai.. thats what i was hoping for. Now i will surely place an order for the soft top. hey sam, if your coming to mangalore anytime, lets meet up.. what do u say???

@SYJ:
buddy will keep you informed regarding the soft top. lets order it together and try to get a discount . I too am looking for the soft top with entire fittings & doors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks