Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 21:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Firoz- the tail lamps, steering wheel do not gel with the character of your jeep, also why is your roll over bar having irregular bends throughout? How did you make the rollover bar, i mean the pipe bending? what is the size of the pipe?

Spike
Old 17th January 2010, 21:34   #107
BHPian

Firoz, ur Jeep, especially in that colour, looks butch and stunning.congratulations! What size of wheels and rims are you using and the cost of the same please.
Old 17th January 2010, 21:34   #108
Team-BHP Support

Congratz i like the outcome, she looks smashing! Have a great time jeeping around

cheers
Jaggu
Old 17th January 2010, 23:24   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Firoz- the tail lamps, steering wheel do not gel with the character of your jeep, also why is your roll over bar having irregular bends throughout? How did you make the rollover bar, i mean the pipe bending? what is the size of the pipe?

Spike
the irregular bend in the rollbar pipe was first seen in the THAR concept.
Attached Thumbnails
Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-jeepster204.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-mahindratharconcept_4.jpg  

Mayapuri..An MM550..What an experience-thar1.jpg  

Last edited by Parm : 17th January 2010 at 23:26.
Old 18th January 2010, 08:46   #110
fk7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz i like the outcome, she looks smashing! Have a great time jeeping around

cheers
Jaggu
thanks jaggu, will have a nice time. My daughter actually prefers the jeep than the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Firoz, ur Jeep, especially in that colour, looks butch and stunning.congratulations! What size of wheels and rims are you using and the cost of the same please.
The rims are 15" with 31: copper ATR tyres bought from Bangalore.

The rims are from dubai which cost me 350 AED each including shipping and the tyres were bought for 7000 INR each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post

Spike
The roll bar was made in the same design as Parm pointed out, but the work of the cover and the foam inside it is not so good, hence the shabby appearence. I am planning to change the tail lamps to the landrover series ones, and I could not source a proper mahindra steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
i like the clean front and the clean rear.

nice to see the front fenders have been cleared of the indicators and put under the headlights, where they actually belong.

nice set of fog lights under the windscreen and the big ones in the front.

im glad you chose to weld the rear door with the spare on it, less rattle and zero problems with it!

clean set of tailights, very decent and simple look!

CONGRATS ON THAT RESTORATION.
thanks PArm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi Firoz,

Congrats! Jeep looks superb after the rebuild...! Nice paint work and with good choice of colour..

From where did you procure this Snorkel? ready made or custom build one?

So have you done any OTR with it now

Sadiq.
the snorkel was sourced from Dubai, original Safari Snorkel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
hi Firoz

Jeep looks amazing. Currently even i am doing a mm550 restoration. Interested in some of the things in your jeep. can you post some detailed pics of
1.Tata sumo power steering set up. How much did the power steering unit and set up cost?
2.Rear seat. fwd facing. Did you get this done or is it a ready one of some other vehicle? can you post some detailed pics.

3.What size tires are u running on those?

4. Wheel arch fenders. Where did you procure them?

Thanks
Nishanth
The Tata Sumo power steering was procured for INR 7000 and fixed.

The rear seat forward seats are from a Jeep Wrangler, again procured from Dubai.

The Wheel arch fenders are available locally from a Mahindra spare parts shop. I think they belong to a Marshal or 500D.

Once again thanks for all your compliments

Firoz
Old 18th January 2010, 10:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
thanks jaggu, will have a nice time. My daughter actually prefers the jeep than the car.

The rims are from dubai which cost me 350 AED each including shipping and the tyres were bought for 7000 INR each.

The roll bar was made in the same design as Parm pointed out, but the work of the cover and the foam inside it is not so good, hence the shabby appearence. I am planning to change the tail lamps to the landrover series ones, and I could not source a proper mahindra steering wheel.

thanks PArm.

The rear seat forward seats are from a Jeep Wrangler, again procured from Dubai.

The Wheel arch fenders are available locally from a Mahindra spare parts shop. I think they belong to a Marshal or 500D.

Firoz
hey firoz,

i also thought of buying few things from dubai/Shj and send them back to india for my jeep build.

but how do you send/ship them back? i mean i have never sent anything to india from uae, so if you can give me some info about how to send them back, it will be really helpful.

also things like if you paid any duty on these things you sent back to india!

will it be possible to speak to you if you are in dxb?
Old 18th January 2010, 16:43   #112
Senior - BHPian

Excellent choice of colour. Overall the jeep looks really good. Congrats and happy jeeping.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:30   #113
BHPian

Hi Firoz,
Have you been to Bangalore with your family sometime in the recent past?
I saw you near the Lalbagh gate. It was still PB registered then.

The Jeep has come out real good.
The rear door (tailgate) welding shows out and it isn't neat. I guess there is some levelling work to be done there.
I personally feel that the placement and the size of the rear number plate does'nt go well with the jeep. Why dont you get the square (Innova) type high security (IND) plates and place it on the left side of the door. It will look better, I feel. I have done the same on my Bolero.

Do I see a Maruti 800 steering wheel there? Have you changed the steering column or is it a direct fit?

Jeevan
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:23   #114
BHPian

Hi firoz,

Congratulation I saw your jeep and you at Haseeb's accessory shop before painting and you told me that you bought it from north and about the power steering unit and the Original Jeep rear seats that you bought from Dubai..

Sreejesh.
Old 24th April 2010, 21:34   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post

thanks PArm.

Firoz
Boss what did you do to the rear black out lights they are not there in the finished level of the jeep , if you dont want them I would like to have them.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:47   #116
BANNED

Mayapuri seems to be the HQ of Jeeps,Gypsy and Jongas.

BTW are Jongas available easily? has NGCS come to mayapuri

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks