Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 20:06   #286
Senior - BHPian

Mandeep,
It is a nice design but you can better it.
Get rid of the two pipes which the frame stands on when in open position, as they will need to be carried around which means extra baggage, instead try the same with a flat strip which can slide through both the frames to keep it in the same level position and also you can have a chain suspenders on the front and the rear end of the frame which will not allow the open frame to go down once in level with the fixed frame, basic idea is to make it a cantilever type. You dont need two ribbed frames like the one in your 3D, one outer frame is enough to support the top ribbed frame and when in closed position this doubles up as a carrier
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 15th June 2009 at 20:09.
Old 16th June 2009, 06:39   #287
BHPian

The jeep looks awesome. However I feel that you could just carry a tent and let the jeep stay less cluttered. Whatever you choose to do it will remain awesome.
Old 16th June 2009, 09:51   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Mandeep,
It is a nice design but you can better it.
Get rid of the two pipes which the frame stands on when in open position, as they will need to be carried around which means extra baggage, instead try the same with a flat strip which can slide through both the frames to keep it in the same level position and also you can have a chain suspenders on the front and the rear end of the frame which will not allow the open frame to go down once in level with the fixed frame, basic idea is to make it a cantilever type. You dont need two ribbed frames like the one in your 3D, one outer frame is enough to support the top ribbed frame and when in closed position this doubles up as a carrier
Regards,
thank you for your inputs,i really appreciate the suggestions made by you,i would be mending the rear and will send you a copy,i simply like your jeeps,specially the white one.

regards

mandeep
Old 16th June 2009, 09:55   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazius View Post
The jeep looks awesome. However I feel that you could just carry a tent and let the jeep stay less cluttered. Whatever you choose to do it will remain awesome.
well Bazius,i have carried my tent seperately to places in himachal but the moment i experienced the roof-tent mounted on my cousin's suv in kenya,it was much more comfortable and safer that is incase you go deep inside jungles or mountainous regions,its easier to mount a roof tent and is more stable and keeps you away from insects or other creatures you might bump into on ground level.The cage on top of my design is a basic skeleton but will have addons of a proper tent with a comfortable flooring,thats why i hinged them.

regards

mandeep

Last edited by renegade : 16th June 2009 at 09:59.
Old 16th June 2009, 09:56   #290
Senior - BHPian

Mandeep,

The jeep is a scorcher, waiting to see it after its done up.

All the best.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:14   #291
BHPian

My jeep which i acquired recently.
It's a 1985 model CJ 500D jeep and i am the third owner. I also bought the trailer (the rear part is visible in the picture) along with this Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-jeep.jpg  

Last edited by Hemanth : 16th June 2009 at 12:15.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:02   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
My jeep which i acquired recently.
It's a 1985 model CJ 500D jeep and i am the third owner. I also bought the trailer (the rear part is visible in the picture) along with this Jeep.
Nice jeep you got Hemantaaa.
Old 16th June 2009, 19:45   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
thank you for your inputs,i really appreciate the suggestions made by you,i would be mending the rear and will send you a copy,i simply like your jeeps,specially the white one.

regards

mandeep
Mandep,
You are most welcome, and thanks for your appreciation of my jeeps, you know there two in the pipeline and hope to better on my previous jeeps.
Regards,
Old 16th June 2009, 22:09   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Mandep,
You are most welcome, and thanks for your appreciation of my jeeps, you know there two in the pipeline and hope to better on my previous jeeps.
Regards,

@fazalaliadil,
Even on the maintainance point of view, you keep every vehicle in your garage in top notch condition. I think for you team bhp logo suits perfect "Love Cars Live Cars"

Amar
Old 17th June 2009, 10:05   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar82 View Post
@fazalaliadil,
Even on the maintainance point of view, you keep every vehicle in your garage in top notch condition. I think for you team bhp logo suits perfect "Love Cars Live Cars"

Amar
Amar,
Thanks a lot, I would put on a T-BHP sticker if they come out with "LOVE JEEPS LIVE JEEPS", as I am not very much into cars.
Regards,
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:20   #296
BHPian

On the way

Finally in the last leg of my wait for a Jeep. It all started with a little empty feeling I started getting. Didn't take long to figure out it was the call of the open road. Just love travellin and I have Santro which I drive everywhere and am very happy with. But I was missing the "wind in my hair" factor from my college/biking days. So began the hunt for a Bullet/RD. I just forgot the fact that I'm married now and my wife and family was dead against me getting a bike. That's the end of that story.

At a family get-together I met a cousin of mine who was getting a Willlys done from Vellore. We started chatting and the seed was planted in my head. I started thinking and old memories came gushing back the trips, picnics, the fun. Infact almost everyone in my family learnt to drive in a Jeep (the fact that it had only 3 gears helped). After weihing my options I felt that it was an excellent idea to get a Jeep.After a month my cousin got his Jeep and it was SuperB. The seed was gowing.

So I bounced the idea of buying a jeep to my wife very casually. She was more excited than me with the whole idea. Guess which vehicle she learnt driving in? No prizes for the answer.

And the hunt began in Jan. Internet, newspapers, agents, mechanics etc. became all that I ever saw. Second round, shortlisting selected a few which I liked fixed appointments and saw the vehicles. However I didn't find what I was looking for. I wanted a vehicle that is mechanically strong because I have absolutely no experience in maintaining a Jeep, and was intending to do long distances and off roading.

Finally saw an ad on T-Bhp from MM440 which I liked and went to see the vehicle. The moment I saw his house I knew I was at the right place. There were 4 Jeeps at his place and his house is full of spares. I couldn't buy the jeep I saw but he was preparing another one which I saw and liked we sealed the deal. This was in April.

Now the jeep is now almost ready. Took it out for a spin on Sunday, and its ROCKING!!! A little wiring, some upholstery and lot of paint and he'll be ready.

I'm just so excited about the whole thing. I know how much we like pics so I'm putting one in. Will upload more when the vehicle is ready.
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-jeep1.jpg  

Old 24th June 2009, 09:40   #297
BHPian

Bazius,the jeep looks awesome,and with the sandgrips it surely have a stance of a mini tank,i had put sand grips on my 3b long time back though everyone here in delhi insisted me on sticking to 6.00 x16's,but my heart went for the sandgrips on a 3b,the tyres come out better on 3b in my point of view rather than on a 540 or 550,jeep looks amazing,congrats.

cheers

mandeep
Old 24th June 2009, 09:43   #298
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Interesting to see the sandgrips in a 3b, will definitely make it look like a monster. So what engine is there under the hood?
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:09   #299
BHPian

Thanks. Its a Peugot but am looking around for a good petrol alternative.

The tyres are what make it stick out of the crowd.

Last edited by Bazius : 2nd July 2009 at 09:17.
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:19   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazius View Post
Thanks. Its a Peugot but am looking around for a good petrol alternative.
Yeah that sounds good, diesel in a Willys...simply doesn't go along!
-regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks