Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 18:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Thanks... Those were skills of alfa_kilo, I was just sitting at the side taking video..

Hello Khan, yes that's fast, I think the jeep wanted to come into the right group and exlplore its full potential.. Previous owner has used only 3000 KMS in 4 years.

I'll remove the Classic sticker, rigt now.
Old 4th March 2009, 19:11   #77
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, Yogesh.

Get the tyres changed and hope to see you at the next OTR is your shining red CL-340.

Good Show !!!!!!!

Cheers !!!!!
Old 4th March 2009, 19:24   #78
BHPian

Now that was fast!!! I am very happy for you. It looks awesome when are getting her dirty :-)

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 4th March 2009, 19:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thats great Yogesh, Congrats
As I was talking to you get the lubricants changed, engine oil, gear oil, differential oil, Transfercase oil, etc changed. Also maybe the experienced members will be able to comment better but it wouldn't hurt to get the fuel filter, oil filter(this will be changed in anycase) also changed.
Further get the electrical checked, brake lines, fuel lines and I think that you have acquired a beauty. Take care of it and next OTR you have a wonderful jeep in your hand's.

Regarding no power on the front wheels on engaging the 4x4. This puzzles me.
But you are in rights hands and Alfa will be able to sort it out for you. You say that the front shaft is rotating, so the transfer case is there.
Also there are no free wheeling hubs on your front wheels. Get it checked and let us know.

Again congrats, its a great buy and for the price Amazing.
Makes me wonder if I made a hurried decision in buying my 550.
Old 4th March 2009, 22:12   #80
BHPian

Congrats !! Buddy. Thats being passionate about offroading. So next NIOC OTR we have another Jeep.

So another one Bites the Apple. Phas gaya yaar. Ab Biwi bahut mare ge. You bought a mistress for yourself.

Enjoy it to the max

Regds

Amit
Old 4th March 2009, 22:52   #81
BHPian

Congrats Yogesh !!!!!!
Hope to see u in next OTR and this time I will be sitting with you dear.....
Old 4th March 2009, 22:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Well done on your new purchase. Put some new glow plugs in as well for trouble free starting. I would be inclined to change the front bull bar with one that does not stick out like a sore thumb and move those front foglights down a bit.

There me and Harjeev were planning a swoop

Last edited by bigman : 4th March 2009 at 23:00.
Old 5th March 2009, 09:00   #83
BHPian

Hi Yogesh

Congats man!! Well done. Hope to see you at the next OTR. Are you now planning to join us at chandigarh?

Cheers
Ankit
Old 5th March 2009, 09:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Whoops, that was really fast man! At the end it is indeed a good buy at a really good price. And even better you have an experienced person like Alfa_kilo beside. Wish to see you really soon in OTR
Old 5th March 2009, 11:04   #85
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Yogesh
COme to Chandigarh if you can!!!
Though there is no time but try to come and you'll like it there!!!
Old 5th March 2009, 11:22   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Big man comments of Willys clone were not about this CL340, but another one i uploaded and removed in edit in previous post..
i was referring to the first black vehicle u have shown.cj 2wd with classic badge.

and congrats the red jeep looks very good.as someone has already mentioned...no matter how good it might look,seriously consider removing the classic badge.
all you need now for some OTR action are a set of 6X16 NDMS tyres.
Old 5th March 2009, 11:38   #87
Team-BHP Support

Congrats, that's a fantastic price for a well kept CL-340.
Old 5th March 2009, 11:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

This only became possible with guidance from all of you. More than mine it is your selection and all credit goes to you people, so thanks a lot everyone.

We have been riding it since we brought, not touched any other car, my wife also wants to use this only. A jeep takes people into flashback, any one seeing it gets so excited and start talking about their past association or past likings of Jeeps. Its pura paisa wasool already...

I will run it few days and next week will send it to mahindra service center for full checkup, oil change and all the things suggested by Harjeev. (Thanks)

@Ankit, Harjeev: Won't be able to join for the Chandigarh OTR. Let me get used to driving a jeep, get it checked and serviced, get new tires, soft top, hooks etc and I will be with you guys, getting it dirty..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 5th March 2009 at 12:01.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:12   #89
Senior - BHPian

What tyres are you thinking of buying cauz I think that those highway tyres will have to go, try gett8ing some good tyres like BF's or even the tread pattern on the new MRF Wanders look good. They should cost between 5.5-6k a tyres.
BF's are the same which Aman has on his safari and they are great. I will buy the same when I change the tyres on mine (safari)

Also Ive noticed that your jeep does not have tow hook at the back and you will need fish hooks in the front too.

The front numberplate will have to be mooved up as it will keep on getting damaged on OTR as its too low.

EDIT
the prices that I mentioned are for 16 inches. The 15's should be cheaper.
Old 5th March 2009, 19:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusker4x4 View Post
Congrats !! Buddy. Thats being passionate about offroading. So next NIOC OTR we have another Jeep.

So another one Bites the Apple. Phas gaya yaar. Ab Biwi bahut mare ge. You bought a mistress for yourself.

Enjoy it to the max

Regds

Amit
On the contrary Amit, Mrs Yogesh is more enthusiastic about the jeep than Mr. Yogesh is. So he is safe on that regards

And as I type this just got a call from Yogesh saying that he is polishing is off roading skills in an open patch of land with some features that is pretty close to his house.

Hats off to your spirit!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks