Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 10:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi KSM - Vtec,

I know exactly how you feel.
I have had two Gypsy's myself and both of them leaked - especially under the dashboard and usually directly onto my foot which was on the accelerator. As someone else on the forum said - one of the Gypsy's best kept secrets!!!!

I tried everything possible and finally the one thing which helped was to block off the vents which are under the front windscreen (just behind the bonnet). That helped quite a bit. If you choose not to do this then make sure the drains from this section which come out inside the engine bay (on the firewall) are not choked. Leaves etc. go into the grille/vent under the windscreen and block the drains thus causing the water to leak into the cabin.

Don't bother with extra beading around the doors or silicon around the front windscreen. It won't help. Been there, done that!!!!

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

SS

Well i have got the grill under the windscreen shut but the water is leaking even now.

HELP
Old 6th July 2009, 11:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Well i have got the grill under the windscreen shut but the water is leaking even now.

HELP
Dude try putting those U-pattis on the upper side of the door to channel water. This should Work. But not as big as your Rear.
And put all brand new Rubber Bidding Whereever needed.
Old 9th July 2009, 22:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Hi,
The Gypsy seems to be in a good condition.
Maynot have been used by a CO. Would have been used for usage of officers in higher HQs(side facing rear seats suggest that). There is no sign of a star plate being fitted on either of the bumpers, hence no senior official has used it.
Aperantly, 4X4 has not been used ever and it has been doing road duties.
There would be a symbol on the rear and the front.(The rear is on the left of the vehicle-now painted black. Can you somehow identify as to what was made on it? That will help me in identifying the location of usage.)

Diference between Military specific Gypsies includes additional field area lights and the switch to operate it.Circled in the photo)

Ok this is the best shot i could get.

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-27062009606.jpg
Old 9th July 2009, 23:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

Update...Body Work...done

Body work is over - the rain is holding back the painting

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-23062009468.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-23062009470.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-23062009471.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-23062009479.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-23062009482.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-23062009483.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009609.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009610.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009612.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009615.jpg
Old 9th July 2009, 23:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

AC installed...overheating

AC has been installed - facing overheating issues help..

- The blower and compressor is secondhand and rest of the stuff is new.
- We have added an auxiliary fan for the condenser

The cooling is good but the car is overheating and the temperature is going beyond 60% in city traffic. I still haven't tried it on the highway.

Super King Blower
My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009622.jpg

Sanden 507 Compressor
My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009626.jpg

Ducting Material
My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009623.jpg

New Pulley
My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009628.jpg

New Condenser
My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009630.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009634.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009636.jpg

Making way for the Superking
My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009641.jpg

My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009643.jpg

Auxiliary Electric Fan
My Army Spec "Demon Gypsy": Project Complete-28062009644.jpg

Will post more pics of the completed installation soon..

Till then - How do i solve the overheating problem??
Old 10th July 2009, 02:47   #66
BHPian

I had AC induced overheating issue in my first 410W. It was solved my reconditioning the radiator(de-scaling by acid pickling) and installing a bigger diameter fan with more number of leafs.

One of my friends have Wagon R's electric fan in his gypsy king, controlled by a M800's thermostat. It works well ; tried & tested solution.

My Palio's engine shows lesser temperature when the AC is running. Might be due to the 2 speed fan.

If you could get this 2 speed fan in place of auxiliary fan & control the 2nd speed with a thermostat in the radiator out pipe, it will help for sure.(this is a suggestion ; not a tried & tested one)
Old 10th July 2009, 06:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

Great Buddy!!!
Your work is going on at good speed!!! and I see that you have blurred the registration plates!!! Have you got the registration done??? If so please share the details!!!

Good work with the AC!!! I had the same issue with my MG410 10 years back and this was the primary reason for me selling it as it was always overheating and because of the overheating issue, I couldn't install an aircon in it!!!

Had TeamBHP been online then, Maybe I could have saved my Gypsy ;-)))
Old 10th July 2009, 10:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
I had AC induced overheating issue in my first 410W. It was solved my reconditioning the radiator(de-scaling by acid pickling) and installing a bigger diameter fan with more number of leafs.

One of my friends have Wagon R's electric fan in his gypsy king, controlled by a M800's thermostat. It works well ; tried & tested solution.

My Palio's engine shows lesser temperature when the AC is running. Might be due to the 2 speed fan.

If you could get this 2 speed fan in place of auxiliary fan & control the 2nd speed with a thermostat in the radiator out pipe, it will help for sure.(this is a suggestion ; not a tried & tested one)
i am thinking of getting a new bigger radiator if the problem dosent get solved even after installing a cutoff.

well i think the aux fan works at the peak speed all the time....so i guess that takes care of the 2 speed fan part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Great Buddy!!!
Your work is going on at good speed!!! and I see that you have blurred the registration plates!!! Have you got the registration done??? If so please share the details!!!

Good work with the AC!!! I had the same issue with my MG410 10 years back and this was the primary reason for me selling it as it was always overheating and because of the overheating issue, I couldn't install an aircon in it!!!

Had TeamBHP been online then, Maybe I could have saved my Gypsy ;-)))
thanx a lot bro!!!!

Well the registration work is still in progress and i hope to get the number by next weekend.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 10th July 2009 at 10:19.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i am thinking of getting a new bigger radiator if the problem dosent get solved even after installing a cutoff.
That should always be a good option!!! The part solution of my CJ3B's heating problem was solved with changing the radiator to a new one.
Atleast once you do this you'll be sure that one of the issues that directly effects the temperature of the engine has been resolved!!!
Old 10th July 2009, 13:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

Overheating...

The suggestions i have got so far for the overheating problem -

1. New bigger radiator - is it required?
2. Same size radiator fan with more leafs - is it available?
3. Bigger radiator fan - is it required? will it fit in?
4. Cut-off for the AC - will be done
5. Aux fan - done
6. ????

Need more inputs soon as i am going to the AC mech on Sunday(12th).

Also i have very less time left for testing as i am leaving for Ladakh in less than a month.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:06   #71
BHPian

KSM,

The condenser on my Gypsy is fitted underbody. I do not have overheating problems except for peak summer (44C +) when the engine rins hot. There is an additional fan on the radiator as well.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
KSM,

The condenser on my Gypsy is fitted underbody. I do not have overheating problems except for peak summer (44C +) when the engine rins hot. There is an additional fan on the radiator as well.
Well my condenser is right in front of the radiator but i do have an additional fan installed.

I am seriously contemplating installing a bigger radiator if the problem dosent get solved with a little more fine-tuning
Old 15th July 2009, 17:45   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Well my condenser is right in front of the radiator but i do have an additional fan installed.

I am seriously contemplating installing a bigger radiator if the problem dosent get solved with a little more fine-tuning
Its probably easier & cheaper to put the condenser under the vehicle & will protect the condenser as well. Do you need a picture?
Old 15th July 2009, 18:26   #74
Team-BHP Support

Hope you are fan is blowing the air towards the engine and not pulling it? Try doing a radiator clean up job, otherwise install a bigger core radiator and things should be fine for normal drives. Offroading situations best to switch off the AC to avoid any hazzles.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:44   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Its probably easier & cheaper to put the condenser under the vehicle & will protect the condenser as well. Do you need a picture?
Could you please put up the pics : I would like to have more details about this type of install. Does this have a fan as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks