Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 17:33   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@DD: The title on top says Mahindra International Range. Us lesser mortals don't get the NEF here in India. Our Industrialists are mostly from the days of the British Raj so while Foreign Manufacturers try to bring their latest products to India, Indian manufacturers keep their best products for *export* markets.

For the specifications of the Indian version of the camper you need to talk to Mr. Chandrakant K. Jagdaleh (Proprietor).
Mahindra Bolero Camper India, Bolero Camper Specification, Mahindra Camper, Commercial Vehicles in India

Unfortunately Mr. Jagdaleh cannot pay in dollars hence no NEF for him...
Old 25th October 2010, 18:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, after I made the post I saw the "International" logo on top and I didn't know what a Salisbury axle was anyway. Oops!
Old 25th October 2010, 21:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

NEF TC is not available in the Domestic market, the only NEF's available are the CRDe versions doing duty on Scorpio 4wd SLX (BS-III), Bolero VLX (BS-III, IV), THAR (BS-IV).

Spike
Old 26th October 2010, 15:08   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NEF TC is not available in the Domestic market.
Is the cost factor the only reason?

THAR (BS-IV) ? You just opened this up to a whole new set of discussion.
Old 26th October 2010, 15:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Not just the cost, there are many other reasons (technical/non technical). Why does Thar BS-IV open up a new discussion?

Spike
Old 28th October 2010, 09:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Why not blame this too on CMVR?

On a more serious note, Its really unfortunate that an Indian company like Mahindra is showing step-motherly treatment to its home country, at a time when even international players are focusing on India and bringing all the latest models here!
Old 28th October 2010, 11:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

@JayD no point in blaming CMVR. You will understand what CMVR is, only if you happen to be a Automobile / Component manufacturer. Passing comments like these is much easier ( no offense meant please). I have worked for some time on CMVR, so I know.

Spike

PS- Do you know what criteria a simple Automotive bulb / Brake fluid / Brake hose has to fulfill?
Old 28th October 2010, 12:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@JayD no point in blaming CMVR. You will understand what CMVR is, only if you happen to be a Automobile / Component manufacturer. Passing comments like these is much easier ( no offense meant please). I have worked for some time on CMVR, so I know.

Spike

PS- Do you know what criteria a simple Automotive bulb / Brake fluid / Brake hose has to fulfill?
I know atleast a part of it. CMVR i not applicable only for Mahindra is it? If others can comply, why not mahindra? And i believe India would have waay lesser factors to comply with, compared to international markets.All I'm saying is that CMVR certainly does not prevent any company from launching a contemporary product.

Its really a pity to see users in india literally begging for something remotely modern like the thar, while other countries already have it.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I know atleast a part of it. CMVR i not applicable only for Mahindra is it? If others can comply, why not mahindra? And i believe India would have waay lesser factors to comply with, compared to international markets.All I'm saying is that CMVR certainly does not prevent any company from launching a contemporary product.

Its really a pity to see users in india literally begging for something remotely modern like the thar, while other countries already have it.
I never said it is applicable only to Mahindra, did I? Yes when it comes to safety norms and emissions, India is not at par with the rest of the world. But there are certain things which other nations don't even care of. Have you ever heard of COP?

Could you tell me what is the basic difference in Homologation procedure abroad and in India? I am not trying to question your credibility and don't have any intentions to do so, my intention is just to clarify the wrong notion (at-least on a few things) which people have about CMVR.

CMVR doesn't limit any manufacturer, but binds the manufacturer to abide by the laws laid down.

You mentioned "Thar", could you also tell me what difference in Homologation is required for an Italian and an Indian version of Thar. (Ok I give you a hint here, tell me the difference between a M1 and a N1 homologation.)

Spike

PS- CMVR is not just about filling Form 16- Form XX, it is beyond that, why don't you answer the questions which I raised earlier?
Old 28th October 2010, 13:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never said it is applicable only to Mahindra, did I? Yes when it comes to safety norms and emissions, India is not at par with the rest of the world. But there are certain things which other nations don't even care of. Have you ever heard of COP?

Could you tell me what is the basic difference in Homologation procedure abroad and in India? I am not trying to question your credibility and don't have any intentions to do so, my intention is just to clarify the wrong notion (at-least on a few things) which people have about CMVR.

CMVR doesn't limit any manufacturer, but binds the manufacturer to abide by the laws laid down.

You mentioned "Thar", could you also tell me what difference in Homologation is required for an Italian and an Indian version of Thar. (Ok I give you a hint here, tell me the difference between a M1 and a N1 homologation.)

Spike

PS- CMVR is not just about filling Form 16- Form XX, it is beyond that, why don't you answer the questions which I raised earlier?

I never claimed that CMVR is about filling a form or as easy as that. Is just that you guys have been deniying many desirable features on the thar, citing CMVR reasons, so it leads a common man to wonder how only mahindra gets affected by all this and not other companies.

Moreover, no amount of blaming the rulebook can justify the diference in the spec of local market vs Export vehicles. I have visited your factory in Nashik, several years ago, and i found the export scorpio (Even pik ups) had better finished interiors than the local ones.

Now the same issue, with pik ups there getting better engines and the local market getting tractors in disguise. Why the low rent treatement to the home market is all I'm asking.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Which desirable features on the Thar have been denied citing CMVR reasons, AC, HT, Solid axle?

Regarding difference in interior finish, I tend to disagree. I have been here for a few years only, but my logic says two parts produced from the same drawing cannot look different (unless there is something seriously wrong). The only other reason for part variability can be different vendors. If you come here again, we can show you that same parts are used for Export/Domestic Thar models. However, I must agree that the quality of hardwares (passivation) used in Export and Domestic models can be different due to difference in legislations.

JayD, your last question is genuine, I cannot answer that on a public forum, hope you understand.

Spike

PS- Do you know how much is the SA Thar sold for and what is the likely price of an Indian version, there is a huge difference between these two. This in one way gives an answer to your question.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding difference in interior finish, I tend to disagree. I have been here for a few years only, but my logic says two parts produced from the same drawing cannot look different (unless there is something seriously wrong). The only other reason for part variability can be different vendors. If you come here again, we can show you that same parts are used for Export/Domestic Thar models. However, I must agree that the quality of hardwares (passivation) used in Export and Domestic models can be different due to difference in legislations.
i am not talking about the design, it was mainly to do with the trim/ fabric and general fit n finish. Again, i had just a visual check, you will know better. So i will believe you on this one. But i'm quite sure they looked better!

Quote:
JayD, your last question is genuine, I cannot answer that on a public forum, hope you understand.
Perfectly understandable.
Quote:

Do you know how much is the SA Thar sold for and what is the likely price of an Indian version, there is a huge difference between these two. This in one way gives an answer to your question.
Considering the fact that nobody has any clue about the Thar's pricing, this question is a lil irrelevant as of now. Lets see how it priced. And launch it fast will you?

Last edited by JayD : 28th October 2010 at 14:19.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
i am not talking about the design, it was mainly to do with the trim/ fabric and general fit n finish. Again, i had just a visual check, you will know better. So i will believe you on this one. But i'm quite sure they looked better!
Yeah, possible they must have looked better, workmanship you know.

OT- Sorry I could not resist, as I am writing, I am told that the "first lot" of painted bodies have arrived and are ready for.....
Old 28th October 2010, 15:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT- Sorry I could not resist, as I am writing, I am told that the "first lot" of painted bodies have arrived and are ready for.....
Yeah yeah...i know. Waiting to see the first lot.
Old 29th December 2010, 09:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

Re: Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper)

Saw Bolero Gold last day with alloys and wider tyres! Looked very macho.

desigNation; hows the ride quality and in-cabin comfort especially at the rear seat?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks