Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 14:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

the king despite being 8 years old looks nice. best of luck with the resto.

what is a 2/3 layer radiator??
Old 27th August 2009, 15:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Allright, Now for the pics Finally!

Nice find sir, Have you washed your garage or you gypsy started marking territory looks like doesnt require much major works, the body line is neat no paint required. Is there rust on the muffler? check for the tappit oil gasket. looks leaky.

Pramod
Old 27th August 2009, 15:34   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Rossi, congrats on your aquisition my friend. The Gypsy looks nice from pictures.

Must say that your speed of getting work done is very fast. you already got lots of work done on your Gypsy. By looking at your list of planned mods it seems that you wana make it a rally prepped Gypsy.

Best of luck and enjoy the ride.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2009, 16:19   #19
BHPian

@Amit & Pramod: Thanks!
@Khan Sultan: Was anxiously waiting for your comments!!! I have virtually mugged-up all your threads & discussions!
Well, the mods are more in line with my driving habits & patterns on highways & City & an occassional OTR. Some question's:
1. The CFL Suspension for the front, Adviseable for my kind of usage?
2. My starter motor is of th original Mitsubishi Japan make, need to replace the solonite, which is not available, currently there is a bosh cut-out put up over the wire, does the starter motor need to be changed, are there any othere options?
3. Michelienes Cross AT 215, 75, R16(LTX AT not available now) should they be prefered over BFG & Geos with my kinda usage? (40% city, 40% highway, 20% OTR)
4. Power steering, adviseable?
Old 27th August 2009, 16:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Nice find sir, Have you washed your garage or you gypsy started marking territory looks like doesnt require much major works, the body line is neat no paint required. Is there rust on the muffler? check for the tappit oil gasket. looks leaky.

Pramod
The Garrage, cars & bokes are washed daily I am a Parsi after all... . Am changing to FFE from the headers so the original muffler will be in the garrage! Head ported, polished, valves grinded, tappits set, gasket replaced & sealed!
Old 27th August 2009, 17:11   #21
BHPian

Reducing the size of a pic

Just open the pic in mspaint, save and close the pic. If the pic size is 4 mb it wil get reduced to 1 mb. It will take hardly 2 sec to do this.

If the pic is very big then open the pic in "Microsoft office picture manager", click on edit pictures, on the right side click on "Resize", specify either percentage to be reduced or pixels, then save the picture.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:58   #22
BHPian

@ Krishna: Already Done. courtesy Picasa. Thanks for the help
Old 27th August 2009, 22:13   #23
BANNED

Rossi the vehicle looks good..i dont think you need a paint work
Old 28th August 2009, 10:58   #24
BHPian

Well, the mods are more in line with my driving habits & patterns on highways & City & an occassional OTR. Some question's:
2. My starter motor is of th original Mitsubishi Japan make, need to replace the solonite, which is not available, currently there is a bosh cut-out put up over the wire, does the starter motor need to be changed, are there any othere options?
3. Michelienes Cross AT 215, 75, R16(LTX AT not available now) should they be prefered over BFG & Geos with my kinda usage? (40% city, 40% highway, 20% OTR)
4. Power steering, adviseable?[/quote]

Experts, need advise please.
Old 29th August 2009, 18:01   #25
BHPian

All right, seems there is a problem in getting spares for my vehicle, had to get the oil sump to be welded, the solonite continues to be on the bosh cut-out, till the replacement arrives :( .
After everything done, the vehicle refuses to start. Seems the culprit is a rat in the garrage...
Old 29th August 2009, 22:01   #26
BHPian

The front arent completely tested yet so not advisabl

Go for a denso starter

Michelins or Yokos will be best suited for your type of driving

4. Power steering, adviseable?[/quote]
It has to be a good job if you want a relable car. Petroworks offers brand new PS pumps but you shud check if they will fit the RHD gypsy.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:30   #27
BHPian

@ Satan: Thanks buddy, will do the needful...
Old 31st August 2009, 15:42   #28
BHPian

The roar of the engine of THE KING was like music to my ears... timing setting happening... tommorrow THE KING goes with the flow, Free Flow!
Old 1st September 2009, 17:31   #29
BHPian

Need the user manual for the Gypsy King MPFI 2000, can anyone help me out please?
Old 1st September 2009, 18:03   #30
Team-BHP Support

Congratz!! this is a excellent deal you go there, all it needs is a good wash, new valve cover seals and new tires and remove that hard top and you are ready to go offroading!!

What exactly you want to know from the manual, post up and help should come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks