Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:30   #46
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I heard that the company is now ready and confident of CFL @ front and I also heard that someone in Bangalore has put them on his his Gypsy yesterday at the front :-) So will wait for his feedback.
Who is this to try it, is it you or Vijay.

@Sawyer- Swastikviji has completed more than 10k using CL at back and have done himalaya trip with this. Only front need to be tested and i am also in line to change it.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:09   #47
BHPian

Alright guys,

Have spoken & discussed this at length with Dr Nanos manufacturer & shared our requirements. He is confident about this product & will take it back till one month after sales, If I am not satisfied with its performance, with a full refund of money less courier charges.
He will revert to me with the availability of the same by tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated on the same.
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:35   #48
Senior - BHPian

@Rossi - please do that, something that transforms the ride of a Gypsy will be a major breakthrough. If it allows for the wheels to better follow the road contours, it will actually enhance highway safety too, I guess. Think about the safety aspect as well, when you evaluate the front set.
Old 4th September 2009, 17:47   #49
BHPian

Ok, after a lot of googling about the pros & cons of the CFL for the front I have finally decided to be the Guinea pig for the same. Have ordered for them this afternoon, should reach me by monday.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:28   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
Ok, after a lot of googling about the pros & cons of the CFL for the front I have finally decided to be the Guinea pig for the same. Have ordered for them this afternoon, should reach me by monday.

Congrats Rossi. Look forward to yoour feedback.

BTW, why don't you post the links that you found through Google that talk about the pro's/Cons about CFL in the front
Old 6th September 2009, 08:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Rossi. Look forward to yoour feedback.

BTW, why don't you post the links that you found through Google that talk about the pro's/Cons about CFL in the front

Had I found something about them, I wouldnt have called myself a guinea pig.
Theres nothing available about it! Anyways they have arrived last night, but will be fitted only on next thursday as my mechanic has some prior engagements . So will now send The King for AC restoration on Tuesday.

Will keep you updated on the same.
Old 6th September 2009, 08:22   #52

So THIS is your thread eh!! Very Nice Very Nice!! And Online early morning on a sunday!! My My you seem to be addicted to teamBHP!!

Anyways, coming back to the car, It is possibly one of the best sounding gypsys I have ever heard. Really loud, really annoying to others...perfect for us!!

As I have maintained from day one, The car is Brilliant!! And I just LOVE the color!!
Old 6th September 2009, 22:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
So THIS is your thread eh!! Very Nice Very Nice!! And Online early morning on a sunday!! My My you seem to be addicted to teamBHP!!

Anyways, coming back to the car, It is possibly one of the best sounding gypsys I have ever heard. Really loud, really annoying to others...perfect for us!!

As I have maintained from day one, The car is Brilliant!! And I just LOVE the color!!
Thanks a bunch Cyrus & also for the 'dhakka start'!. I am addicted to this site since the last 4 years!
btw Finally replaced the starte motor with denso.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:30   #54
BHPian

All right,

After Hibernating for weeks, here comes the awakening.

The King now has done a trip from Bombay to Panchghani last weekend. This was done on the new CFL suspensions (both front & rear) & with new Micheliens Latitude Cross At's.

The ride was fantastic. The king was averaging a crusing speed of 115 which peaked 133 (with full A/C) on the speedo (beyond that the Free flow was screaming hence didnt pull it further). On the roads the tyres & Suspensions behaved verywell. The cornering has improved to a great extent ( though I do not push it the way I push my swift).
Not yet done OTR's with this combo.

Listing down the things that have gone in customizing the king:

Electricals:
  1. Complete new wiring harness with 4 square mm & 6 square mm polycab wires for the lights & horns with their respective Cut-outs of Bosh.
  2. Steble Trombe 3 Pipe 2 tone & roots wind tone horns
  3. New Headlight assembly (MGP) with 130/100 Flosser bulbs. (they were like floodlights @ table land in the night)
  4. Hella Rallye 1000 - 2 lamps & 2 Lumax fog lamps with Phillips 100 watts bulbs, Lumax small sealed beam for the reverse light with Phillips 100 watt bulb
  5. 5 inch RPM meter with shift light ( Have bought it, to be installed this week end)
Engine:
  1. Head Porting, Polishing, valve grinding, shaving
  2. Free Flow exhaust system with headers
  3. Bosch super Irridium 4 point spark plugs
  4. New air filter(stock), fuel filter, oil filter
  5. Mobil 1 engine oil (after bleeding & flushing with new regular mineral oil) with Abro oil treatment.
Suspension:
  1. All 4 new CFL Leaf springs with new bushings
  2. New drag links & tierod ends
Tyres:
  1. Micheliens Latitude Cross AT 215/75/R15
Brakes:
  1. Skimming of discs & the drums
  2. Ceramic disc pads fitted in the front new liners for the rear
A/C:
  1. New 3 core brass radiator fitted
  2. New Santro condenser
  3. New 18000 rpm condenser fan fitted
  4. Sanden 507 with super King blower, (overhauled)
ICE:
  1. Pioneer HU with front USB port
  2. Speakers that came along with The King were original Pioneers & work very well.
Sun control:
  1. Xenos Solar Guard (RTO Approved tint)
And now the pics
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-close-up-new-shoes-king.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-new-shoes-king.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-man-fitting-new-shoes-king.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-front-cfl.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-rear-cfl.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-king-sydney-point-panchghani.jpg  

My Gypsy King 2000, restoration & basic modifications-king-sydney-point-panchghani-2.jpg  

Rossi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2009, 19:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rossi,

Your Gypsy is really coming out well. especially after these new tyre it will be macho...

Sorry for hijacking your thread but can you pls give contact no of Dr.Nano's because I also have seen the poster of this CFL at my mech's garage but he was unaware of the info. I saw the poster was having some vehicles like M&M Pick up , Gypsy ,Tata Sumo, Tata 207 , M800, Maruti Omni etc... If the CFL can be used in these vehicles especially Pick Up and Tata 207 are load carriers.

My question is has anyone tested it on 550? Or can be tested?

Tarkesh

Last edited by Ricky_3007 : 24th September 2009 at 19:38.
Old 24th September 2009, 19:43   #56
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
My question is has anyone tested it on 550? Or can be tested?

Tarkesh
Swastikviji Jeep has CLS.
Old 24th September 2009, 19:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All right,

After Hibernating for weeks, here comes the awakening.

The King now has done a trip from Bombay to Panchghani last weekend. This was done on the new CFL suspensions (both front & rear) & with new Micheliens Latitude Cross At's.

The ride was fantastic. The king was averaging a crusing speed of 115 which peaked 133 (with full A/C) on the speedo (beyond that the Free flow was screaming hence didnt pull it further). On the roads the tyres & Suspensions behaved verywell. The cornering has improved to a great extent ( though I do not push it the way I push my swift).
Not yet done OTR's with this combo.
You seem to have used the weeks very well! From what you write you seem to have cured a lot of the ills of the car without sacrificing its plus points.
I am just breaking in my new Gypsy and getting myself accustomed to what a stock car can and cannot do, so it will be some time before I go down this road. For now, I find that with a load of 150-200 kilos in the rear, the ride improves dramatically, because the weight on the stock springs stops them from bouncing the car around as it does with zero load at the rear. It rides like a different car when loaded at the rear.
Congratulations of the new style Michelins - not too many have opted for those so your user experience of these will be very useful.
Old 25th September 2009, 09:34   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, you really have got lots of time on your hands man or your garage/mechanic is super fast. GREAT.!!! Your Gypsy is almost 100% ready. I really admire your speed in getting things done.!!!

Quote:
... done on the new CFL suspensions (both front & rear) & .... The ride was fantastic. ...
I agree. the ride & handling is GREAT after CFL's in both rear & front. Nomore of that bone jarring gypsy ride.

Quote:
Suspension:
  1. All 4 new CFL Leaf springs with new bushings
  2. New drag links & tierod ends
Hey, I see that you also have the blue front & red rear CFL's . The blue looks HORRIBLE. I suggest you paint it to a decent color.

Why new drag link & tie rod? How much cost for this?
Old 25th September 2009, 14:57   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, you really have got lots of time on your hands man or your garage/mechanic is super fast. GREAT.!!! Your Gypsy is almost 100% ready. I really admire your speed in getting things done.!!!

I agree. the ride & handling is GREAT after CFL's in both rear & front. Nomore of that bone jarring gypsy ride.[/list]Hey, I see that you also have the blue front & red rear CFL's . The blue looks HORRIBLE. I suggest you paint it to a decent color.

Why new drag link & tie rod? How much cost for this?
@ Khan: Ha ha ha! The mechanic is one of my good friends & gets over-involved when he gets to modify vehicles . Does a fantastic & thorough job. He didnt allow me to take The King out of his garrage for 10 days!!

There was a play in the above stuff & he didnt want to take a chance as the vehicle has become comparitively peppy after the mods. Will check with him on the cost & get back tou you on the same.

@ Sawyer: Will definately keep this post alive after some more use. You are right about the loading to prevent the jerks but the CFL's do cure it to a great extent.

@ Ricky_3007: The link of Dr Nanos, on the earlier post on this thread has all details. If you need the same I can PM you the details.

Quote:
I agree. the ride & handling is GREAT after CFL's in both rear & front. Nomore of that bone jarring gypsy ride.[/list]Hey, I see that you also have the blue front & red rear CFL's . The blue looks HORRIBLE. I suggest you paint it to a decent color.
I intended to colour it either in Black, silver or green...
Suggestions are welcome!!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th September 2009 at 15:06. Reason: One logical post
Old 25th September 2009, 15:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I intended to colour it either in Black, silver or green...
Black will require a lot of maintanace and will standout every time your soldier gets wounded in a battle!

Green is too common now a days have seen most of the gypsis in green

Silver is little different, have not seen a single gypsy in silver that makes it unique.

if white was also an option, i would love that. Khans gypsy looks fab in white, see if you can get crystal white (really white, dont know the exact coulor name)

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 25th September 2009 at 15:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks