Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 21:45   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
guys, if the HT version is being offered by Mahindra in export version what is so big deal in giving the same in a domestic version? good question though, come on guys give it a thought, you are almost there...

Spike
No big deal!? Hope M&M doesn't make it a big deal and give us the same HT.

M&M and RE, two companies based in India and dishes out the goodies first to their foreign customers.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:32   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
come on guys give it a thought, you are almost there...
Spike
Another Mahindra Customization option I guess. Anyhow, atleast M&M Should keep the options open.

OT: BTW, Spike I think the door & rollcage design of Thar Adventure was exactly similar as Invader Inspira Concept? Looks good in black color
Old 2nd February 2010, 01:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
+1 to this.
Thar engineers should learn from Gypsy how to build specially underbody design, with Low GC only forest drive can be done.
Google "skid plates".
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
A new part number?
@Samurai, good try though, i liked that, OK so let me give some hint now, leave the manufacturer from this situation, then....

Spike
Old 2nd February 2010, 09:27   #50
Team-BHP Support

If we leave out the manufacturer, then we have aftermarket players like R&T who are deeply into Jeep modifications.

Check out this Hard Top: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-t...ml#post1709360

The Mahindra HT provided through Mahindra customisation could be lot more expensive.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:33   #51
BANNED

So now the beating around the bush phenomenon has now shifted from the Thar Thread to this one.

Spike, BD sir, when is it coming and for how much?

We right now dont know what, when, where and how much and we are playing a guessing game on the Hard Top. LOL.

What next? Start quizing session on who should manufacture the cup holders in it? Is it an option on the THAR? LOL. If not you guys should look at it. We will give you ideas Anyways its supposed to go long distance so cup holders are a neccassity.

Last edited by Spitfire : 2nd February 2010 at 11:35.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:55   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@spike:

I hope that the Thar doesn't have to be send to Mahindra Customization for the FRP top. This will a pain for customers like me in the south. Since it is a bolt on FRP top, it should ideally be a factory option or atleast a dealer installed option like the Canopy in the Xenon.
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:04   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@spike:

I hope that the Thar doesn't have to be send to Mahindra Customization for the FRP top. This will a pain for customers like me in the south. Since it is a bolt on FRP top, it should ideally be a factory option or atleast a dealer installed option like the Canopy in the Xenon.
+1
depends on the options MM gives at the dealer level, also a pay and wait also works fine.they should have a no frils 4x 2 and up with a list of add ons for the lifestyle customer segment
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@spike:

4X4,
A very important issue this one is.
An FRP top.. a la Gypsy, should in nowhere be connected to the Mahindra customization dept.
It shoud be a 'buy off the shelf and bolt on', with a do it yourself manual too provided.
Dealer installed option like you suggest is fine, but better would be its easy fitment and removal, which can be done in your own home garage.
The side glass should slide and not be fixed.
The hard top option is going to play a big role in decision making.
Regards,
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
better would be its easy fitment and removal, which can be done in your own home garage.
The side glass should slide and not be fixed.
The hard top option is going to play a big role in decision making.
Regards,
Would it not affect Security of the vehicle is its so easy to fit and remove..One cant keep valuables in it then
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:57   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Would it not affect Security of the vehicle is its so easy to fit and remove..One cant keep valuables in it then
Depends on how it is designed. You can have clamps on the inside of the vehicle. The Xenon has a removable and lockable canopy. By removable, I am sure Fazal is referring to some mechanism that can be released from inside to remove the top like in the jeep wrangler. It shouldn't something that someone walking on the street can just take of like a hat or something.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 3rd February 2010 at 19:58.
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:09   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends on how it is designed. You can have clamps on the inside of the vehicle. The Xenon has a removable and lockable canopy. By removable, I am sure Fazal is referring to some mechanism that can be released from inside to remove the top like in the jeep wrangler. It shouldn't something that someone walking on the street can just take of like a hat or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Would it not affect Security of the vehicle is its so easy to fit and remove..On cant keep valuables in it then
4X4 and headers,
It can be the clamp-on type which can obviously be handled from the inside only with additional lock bolts to make it child proof. If someone is already inside for the valuables, why do they need to remove the FRP?
Regards,
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:40   #58
BHPian

If its going to be a life-style vehicle for a premium and not volume-oriented then M&M should just offer bare-minimums off the shelf with everything else left to customer's choice. IMO, life-style seekers are very choosy and Mahindra should offer as much user-defined vehicle as possible. What is the M&M's customisation department for, if it cannot handle few hundred vehicles per year?

ps: I am not talking about HT, but more intensive work. probably mechanicals...

Last edited by Comrade : 3rd February 2010 at 22:48.
Old 4th February 2010, 05:51   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly, this *life Style* tag scares me. Tata and Mahindra feel they can take a vehicle like Getaway or Xenon, call it a *Life style* vehicle and sell it for 9 lakhs. If we Indians were this stupid, we would still be subjects of the Queen of England !!.

They should take a reasonable margin like they do on their other models. Since bulk of these vehicles are meant for exports, there is no need to fleece the Indian customer for a few pieces thrown our way.
Old 4th February 2010, 08:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, this *life Style* tag scares me. Tata and Mahindra feel they can take a vehicle like Getaway or Xenon, call it a *Life style* vehicle and sell it for 9 lakhs. If we Indians were this stupid, we would still be subjects of the Queen of England !!.
Could'nt agree better on this one
Closed Thread

Most Viewed