Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 11:14   #61
BANNED

All i am intrested in knowing now is when will this THAR be launched if at all. some body must be having an answer i am waiting for it since last 1 year and having postponing my gypsy for every for the THAR. guys ask mahindra to launch it soon and not more than 6 lakhs exshowroom or else it may not sell the numbers expected

Note from mod: Do not use more than 2 smileys per post

Last edited by tsk1979 : 5th August 2010 at 11:25. Reason: smileys
Drlmtukkar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th August 2010, 14:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Honestly, this *life Style* tag scares me. Tata and Mahindra feel they can take a vehicle like Getaway or Xenon, call it a *Life style* vehicle and sell it for 9 lakhs. If we Indians were this stupid, we would still be subjects of the Queen of England !!.

They should take a reasonable margin like they do on their other models. Since bulk of these vehicles are meant for exports, there is no need to fleece the Indian customer for a few pieces thrown our way.
Couldn't agree more. I will not buy the Thar if it is not reasonably priced and has some decent features. If we all took a stand and said no to junk sold at exorbitant prices, we would get to the quality that is sold elsewhere in APAC and Europe. There is a dearth of good vehicles for the enthusiasts but at some point we need to sit up, look and say no!!
Old 5th August 2010, 14:32   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@spike:

I hope that the Thar doesn't have to be send to Mahindra Customization for the FRP top. This will a pain for customers like me in the south. Since it is a bolt on FRP top, it should ideally be a factory option or atleast a dealer installed option like the Canopy in the Xenon.
I quite like the options that the xenon offers and the quality is pretty neat too. Wonder why Mahindra is unable to offer such after market/dealer options when there numbers are much higher than Xenon.
Old 5th August 2010, 14:39   #64
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : The Thar's full test & review has been uploaded at this link. Thread closed. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread.

Last edited by GTO : 5th January 2011 at 18:45. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks