Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 13:13   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
....My role for now is in great escapes and will eventually lead to marketing and promotion of 4wd vehicles. Yes, giving market feedback on 4wd vehicles is also what i am expecting to do. Lets hope for the best and long way to go.
Wow, that's GREAT to know. So now we can see some nice OTR routes from MGE that would actually require 4x4. .

Man, that's a good job to have. Are there more positions open . I can get my CV ready -- just in case
Old 16th April 2010, 13:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Wow, that's GREAT to know. So now we can see some nice OTR routes from MGE that would actually require 4x4. .

Man, that's a good job to have. Are there more positions open . I can get my CV ready -- just in case
Khan,
One thing immediately on my priority list is to have two separate tracks for 2wd cars and 4wd SUV's. Hence no one would complain and the event will become a little more challenging but nothing close to what we have in JT. The idea here is a little different.

Once i settle down i would need plenty of views from experienced guys like you to see how can we make such events even better! I will float a thread once i think it is appropriate.

Well regarding the position, it isn't open for Gypsy owners
Old 16th April 2010, 16:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well regarding the position, it isn't open for Gypsy owners
Sad VN my friend, If only you listened to Gypsy Owners, you'll know what you are missing..

You need benchmarks and we set them
Old 16th April 2010, 17:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sad VN my friend, If only you listened to Gypsy Owners, you'll know what you are missing..

You need benchmarks and we set them
Very true, Gypsy is the bench mark for light weight nimble 4x4. Its a challenge for M&M to bring back an off roader as light as Gypsy with current emission norms. Your point taken. Benchmark is still the 3B in terms of off road ability though:-PP

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 16th April 2010 at 17:02.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:11   #50
Sha
BHPian

Vinod all the best for new job hope atleast an offroader will plan next MGE.
Old 16th April 2010, 19:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

I might have missed it somewhere in the thread but when are you planning to come down? It is easiest to simply drive down. leave around 4:00pm and stop at bangalore. leave at 4:00am and have breakfast at the ghar dhaba past rannebennur. have lunch at hubli or even kolhapur and then straight shot to mumbai.
Old 16th April 2010, 19:18   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My role for now is in great escapes and will eventually lead to marketing and promotion of 4wd vehicles. Yes, giving market feedback on 4wd vehicles is also what i am expecting to do. Lets hope for the best and long way to go.
Holy cow, and I thought this was a routine job change. Ok, so the MGEs are going to get interesting again.
Old 16th April 2010, 22:40   #53
BHPian

Vinod, congrats ,Wish you all the best. i planned to catch you in TPC this year, OK no problem i will catch you on my way to Jodhpur in June.
Old 17th April 2010, 00:11   #54
Team-BHP Support

Hey Congratz man, this is indeed a great news. Wishing you all the very best.
Old 17th April 2010, 00:45   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Vinod - FINALLY, WELCOME TO MUMBAI! You will love it. After all, it is my birthplace and my home.

Thakur Complex Kandivli East is the best place to stay if you want to avoid daily traffic.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th April 2010, 10:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Vinod all the best for new job hope atleast an offroader will plan next MGE.
Hope to see you in MGE soon, Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
I might have missed it somewhere in the thread but when are you planning to come down? It is easiest to simply drive down. leave around 4:00pm and stop at bangalore. leave at 4:00am and have breakfast at the ghar dhaba past rannebennur. have lunch at hubli or even kolhapur and then straight shot to mumbai.
Hey,
I may be in Mumbai by either 3rd or on 10th. Depends upon relieving formalities of my present organization! Will fly this time. Will drive down my Wagon R and truck my Jeep after about 4 months when my family joins me in Mumbai. Thanks for the route. Will follow the same and take further inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Holy cow, and I thought this was a routine job change. Ok, so the MGEs are going to get interesting again.
Hopefully Samurai! The MGE team has been doing a good job and have been successful in building a customer connect. We together as a team look forward to spice it up the true Jeeper's way. But please don't expect the obstacles difficulty level anywhere close to JT, here we may have to deal with unknown crowd whose skills are unknown. Safety is of utmost importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swastikviji View Post
Vinod, congrats ,Wish you all the best. i planned to catch you in TPC this year, OK no problem i will catch you on my way to Jodhpur in June.
Hopefully catch you up at TPC too, but too early to promise as i do not know my schedule yet.
Whats brewing Vijji? Any expedition to Jodhpur or a regular family trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hey Congratz man, this is indeed a great news. Wishing you all the very best.
Thank you Jaggu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vinod - FINALLY, WELCOME TO MUMBAI! You will love it. After all, it is my birthplace and my home.

Thakur Complex Kandivli East is the best place to stay if you want to avoid daily traffic.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thank you so much sir! You are a veteran and hence i will seek your advise from time to time. Yes, Thakur complex would be on my priority list first.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 17th April 2010 at 10:32.
Old 17th April 2010, 13:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Dear Vinod,
Your new job description seems like a fairy tale for an offroader.
A real dream job and am sure you would enjoy doing it every moment!
Congratulations and wish you luck on the new job!
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 17th April 2010, 13:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Dear Vinod,
Your new job description seems like a fairy tale for an offroader.
A real dream job and am sure you would enjoy doing it every moment!
Congratulations and wish you luck on the new job!
Cheers,
Deepak

Thank you Deepak!
Old 17th April 2010, 14:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Very true, Gypsy is the bench mark for light weight nimble 4x4. Its a challenge for M&M to bring back an off roader as light as Gypsy with current emission norms. Your point taken. Benchmark is still the 3B in terms of off road ability though:-PP
Hi Vinod,
May be you can accomodate a open class in the MGE Extreme and a few more vehicles to add to the Mahindras or include the Xylos (I got one @ home) .....

Prithvi
Old 17th April 2010, 14:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King413 View Post
Hi Vinod,
May be you can accomodate a open class in the MGE Extreme and a few more vehicles to add to the Mahindras or include the Xylos (I got one @ home) .....

Prithvi
Xylo as far as i know is also welcome at MGE's. Honestly i am yet to attend a MGE myself to understand what it is up to. Well, about open class it is a strategic decision, guys up at the top will have to take a call. As i said more than an off road event MGE is a customer connect activity with its existing customers- FOR NOW!

p.s- I like you idea of MGE " Extreme"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks