Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 06:57   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
You should really try Raju once. I got 2 major works done by him, tho he is always pre-occupied, he never delays a job like above. He would rather not take a jeep from your hands in case he feels he is busy. He denied taking my jeep for 2 weeks flat - finally he accepted to take my jeep in. That way, he is sincere at least!! Once in - he is bound to get it back on the road ASAP - he has other customers waiting and he is all what Sharat said above
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
You seriously want to try Raju. He is my mech from last 3 years. And suresh's from last 15 years!!! It is something like an official Jeepthrills garage now

--Sree--
There are toooooooo many vehicles at Raju's garage and everything takes wayy too much time. And you have to go sit on his head as well. Its close by for some jeepers so they can go spend more time there. But for the rest, its another nightmare altogether. And all spares have to be purchased from JC road whihc is like some day trip from that garage.

I still would highly suggest that you look harder and find someone reliable and CLOSE by. Being CLOSE is as important as being reliable. I am sure there are more good mechanics there. Who are the other jeeper's in and around your area of residence? Do some more searching there before giving up and jumping around like a grasshopper.

The rest of you guys, please advice him on his technical problems instead of giving suggestive actions on which doctor to go to. The more this bloke knows about his jeep the better equipped he will be to find a reliable mechanic close to his home.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:28   #77
Team-BHP Support

Yeah find a garage close by, even if he is not an expert we can get him upto speed Jeep's are simple creatures and not like prepping your competition cars, so find a reliable, honest chap who can take instructions. Thats all, most important drink, eat and breath PATIENCE!

I have a set of con rod bearing and stuff with me for last 2 weeks and i haven't done anything, just because my garage is not close by!
Old 15th June 2010, 12:58   #78
Senior - BHPian

How about encouraging the Raju guy to get a few additional folks to help speed up work? Now that he is getting additional business he should be able to afford a couple extra folks...

Venkat, I have around 4 garages inside 1km range from my residence, have visited all the 4 and can confidently say that "ALL 4 ARE GUGGOOS", either they dont know how to do or are/pretend to be too busy all the time. These guys I tell you need management consultants like me help run their businesses effectively. The small saving they try to make not engaging ample number of helpers/mechs is killing their prospective customers ongoing...and they dont seem to be bothered at all with that!!! No wonder they are still what they are!!!
Old 15th June 2010, 13:07   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
How about encouraging the Raju guy to get a few additional folks to help speed up work? Now that he is getting additional business he should be able to afford a couple extra folks.
Doesn't work like that with him, many have tried. Well its a "jeep mech thing".

But seriously try a friendly approach with the garage next to your house, then things work out better. Recently i came to know how a close friend used this approach to pattayify a Bosch authorized workshop, to work on his Jeep and did a decent job, though lil expensive.

So its upto you how you manage this. If you try to be pushy they will just ignore you, you need to take man management lessons for dealing with these guys.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:25   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How about encouraging the Raju guy to get a few additional folks to help speed up work? Now that he is getting additional business he should be able to afford a couple extra folks...

Venkat, I have around 4 garages inside 1km range from my residence, have visited all the 4 and can confidently say that "ALL 4 ARE GUGGOOS", either they dont know how to do or are/pretend to be too busy all the time. These guys I tell you need management consultants like me help run their businesses effectively. The small saving they try to make not engaging ample number of helpers/mechs is killing their prospective customers ongoing...and they dont seem to be bothered at all with that!!! No wonder they are still what they are!!!
You have to search harder and find the right guy. you know, even these mechanics are not able to find good labour, because all the young kids want to join some BPO and do data entry work. Cant blame them, its a lot more better than sitting under a jeep.

So things are going to get a lot worse for all of us unless we figure out how to fix our jeeps ourselves.

Are there no other jeepers near where you stay? Why dont you network a bit more and send PM's to bhp'ians who live near by? You've hardly got the jeep for a few weeks now and you already want to make it a monster truck of some sorts

Drive her around a bit more mate. Fit your new wheels on. And enjoy her.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:27   #81
Senior - BHPian

Venkat...no dude you got me wrong, Im not dwelling into ambitious mods yet, just getting the basics right, very right before moving on to improvizing. I know its a very "car type" attidude, might not work as expected here but still...wana give it a shot before trying different things.

Firstly, I wana ensure I get the Jeep back to bone stock, as much as possible from the mechanicals stand point, well I would like to be a purist here when it comes to mechanicals atleast. The attempt here is to bring the Jeep back to what it was originally built or derived from...the legendary CJ7.

This itself has become one hell of a dauting task I tell you...

BTW, why do you think one of my rims is heavier than the rest??? Follow 14th June 21:27 post.

p.s: I will work on your suggestion on networking and finding jeeper bhpian in my area right away... Let me know if you know anyone around Hebbal please...

@Sreeraj: The world has not left me too many options except you Jeepers and a guy called Raju

Last edited by The Wolf : 15th June 2010 at 14:32.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:50   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

I have no idea why one of the rims are heavier. Have you weighed them on a scale or are you talking from just lifting them up by hand? Weigh them each on a scale.

The civilian 16 inch rims weigh 9kgs and the Army rims weigh between 12-16kgs I think (I am not sure, please reconfirm by searching posts).

If one is heavier, go back and give it to the guy you bought it from and get another one.

You seriously want to take Sreeraj's advice after what he did to you????? :O

PS: There is also another garage called Solotech where many gypsy guys and jeepers go. From what I have heard they are more professional (big garage atmosphere) and is not a dump. It may be worth checking out...

Last edited by Red Liner : 15th June 2010 at 14:57.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:21   #83
BANNED

Quote:
How about encouraging the Raju guy to get a few additional folks to help speed up work?
Whenever he does that they either fly off to the "GELF" or set up their own garages. The other thing is once Raju gets some help in the garage he goes into laid back mode, doing the directing and minimum hands on.

Deep down though he has a heart of gold
Old 15th June 2010, 15:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I have no idea why one of the rims are heavier.
Wolf - Scan the heavier one visually (throughly). I have seen BADLY damaged rims, rusted-beyond-repair rims, being welded with a heavy gauge steel piece in such places, and it is sanded down and re-painted. Best bet (1) weigh each of the 5 in a digi-scale (2) do wheel balancing for all 5 to rule out my suspect issue. If its a tinkered rim - it will NEVER balance..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
...Deep down though he has a heart of gold
Old 15th June 2010, 17:13   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, I wana ensure I get the Jeep back to bone stock, as much as possible from the mechanicals stand point, well I would like to be a purist here when it comes to mechanicals atleast. The attempt here is to bring the Jeep back to what it was originally built or derived from...the legendary CJ7.

Let me know if you know anyone around Hebbal please...

@Sreeraj: The world has not left me too many options except you Jeepers and a guy called Raju
Raju aint that far from Hebbal, he is near Rammurthynagar ring road junction. But going by your posts and temperament let me assure you, his ways and delays would just frustrate you.

Going by your requirements, I would suggest dropping it off at Vijai's

Quote:
That is for sure. And if you go there on a Saturday you are bound to bump into atleast one Team-Bhpian / Jeep Thrills member there.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have no idea why one of the rims are heavier. Have you weighed them on a scale or are you talking from just lifting them up by hand? Weigh them each on a scale.

The civilian 16 inch rims weigh 9kgs and the Army rims weigh between 12-16kgs I think (I am not sure, please reconfirm by searching posts).
Dont have to weigh it at all, it is clearly heavier than the rest.

Quote:
If one is heavier, go back and give it to the guy you bought it from and get another one.
I cant do that now...will keep the heavier one for stepney.

Quote:
You seriously want to take Sreeraj's advice after what he did to you????? :O
Oh c'mon, one 30sec incident doesnt need followups!!! We all know what he is all about...

Quote:
PS: There is also another garage called Solotech where many gypsy guys and jeepers go. From what I have heard they are more professional (big garage atmosphere) and is not a dump. It may be worth checking out...
Where is this? Have heard of it but dont know where it is. Let me research, in the meanwhile it woud be great of you could PM their number to me if you have.

Quote:
Whenever he does that they either fly off to the "GELF" or set up their own garages. The other thing is once Raju gets some help in the garage he goes into laid back mode, doing the directing and minimum hands on.

LOL, "GELF" is the Raju guy mallu too...I wouldnt be surprised looking at all the Jaggus and Sureshs calling his place home

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Wolf - Scan the heavier one visually (throughly). I have seen BADLY damaged rims, rusted-beyond-repair rims, being welded with a heavy gauge steel piece in such places, and it is sanded down and re-painted. Best bet (1) weigh each of the 5 in a digi-scale (2) do wheel balancing for all 5 to rule out my suspect issue. If its a tinkered rim - it will NEVER balance..!!
Thank you for the valuable info Santosh, will check report back on this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Raju aint that far from Hebbal, he is near Rammurthynagar ring road junction. But going by your posts and temperament let me assure you, his ways and delays would just frustrate you.

Going by your requirements, I would suggest dropping it off at Vijai's

That is for sure. And if you go there on a Saturday you are bound to bump into atleast one Team-Bhpian / Jeep Thrills member there.
Yeah, Raju's place is pretty close to my place!

Hey, does Vijay's work on MM540?

LOL, will make a surprise visit to Rajus this weekend and see if what you say comes true

Last edited by The Wolf : 16th June 2010 at 10:47.
Old 16th June 2010, 19:50   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, does Vijay's work on MM540?
Vijai's, does have an authorized service center just for Jeeps / Govt Vehicles from what I enquired last. And its in Whitefield if I recall correctly.

Call them up.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:04   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Vijai's, does have an authorized service center just for Jeeps / Govt Vehicles from what I enquired last. And its in Whitefield if I recall correctly.

Call them up.
Thanks so much man...will call them and find out. If they do work on 540s like mine (1987 model) I would love to explore opportunities with them. Nothing better than the Authorised SS I tell ya.

p.s: BTW as per their website they have facilities on Hosur rd, Koramangla and Bannerghatta only...

Last edited by The Wolf : 17th June 2010 at 13:19.
Old 18th June 2010, 18:01   #89
Senior - BHPian

Okay - so I dont recall it correctly

Call them!
Old 18th June 2010, 20:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Pics of my MM 540

Hi all just thought I'd update a few pics of my MM 540 with the new addition of body color matt finish rims jaded with 7.00-16 NDMS.

Enjaay...

My 4x4 "Lieutenant" has arrived!!!-dsc01275.jpg

My 4x4 "Lieutenant" has arrived!!!-dsc01276.jpg

Sorry about the quality, clicked using W550i, not so good :(

Last edited by The Wolf : 18th June 2010 at 20:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks