Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 13:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Team BHP gets one more MM540 4WD

Chanu Sir,
the tub was taken out, scrapped, anti rust coated, then black paint coated, to prevent stone chipping, this black paint is somewhat thicker, then body refitted on the chassis, with new rubber bushes, electricals connected, renewed, changed, and the hardtop was also repaired in an frp unit, fitted with rubber gaskets to reduce vibrations, silicone sealants used to fill whatever gaps that rattled, and then the whole body was primer coated.
then the painter did his usual patti, tinker, wet sanding, primer coat, then super white shade paint was coated.
the windshield - bonnet - doors were already coated lightly with primer, and refitted - that was before taking the pics. i was planning a new army type swing windshield, so only front glass left there for painting.

Best Regards.

Last edited by shekaran : 11th January 2011 at 13:47. Reason: spell checked.
Old 16th January 2011, 13:42   #17
BHPian

Friends,

the jeep has been painted fully, interior and exterior.
i need all your valuable suggestions, for some aspects :
1. pls see attached pic, which i intend to do - stickering in reflective strips, to break the white monotomy of the jeep body. is this nice ? or ugly ?
2. what can i do to break the full white - of the jeep body ? what shades can i paint in the door projections, frp strips etc ? also would the door hinges & front glass hinges look nice, if it looked in orangy red colour ?
3. as my next plan is to fit an a/c, would it look nice, if i had the side windows and the rear glasses, one piece ? no sliding glasses but one long single piece glass, with a tint of green sunfilm ?
4. would any murals, stickering on the bonnet look good ? a simple mural in black ? would it look nice ?
5. the interiors/seats are in dual colours - beige/cream and dark brown/chocolate colours. the front bucket seats and rear army seats have been done in dual shades, so what should be the best suitable colour for the top upholstery ? and also the door pads ?
6. where to fit the ICE ? i have 4 components, an amp, a subwoofer and a simple HU ? i would surely appreciate all advices/suggestions, even leads to any ICE installers, for this aspect, as surely i need the ICE in my jeep.

Friends, pls pour in your suggestions, ideas to make my jeep look a stunner. Thanks in Advance.

Cheers, Happy Motoring.
Attached Images

Old 16th January 2011, 15:01   #18
BHPian

Please go for a black matt finish H/T. don't make it ugly with those fluracent stickers...

sadiq
Salikt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2011, 15:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Shekaran,
Don't kill your Jeep!
Just do tinted glasses for the sides and rear and that will take are of the monotonous white.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2011, 15:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Shekaran,
Don't kill your Jeep!
Just do tinted glasses for the sides and rear and that will take are of the monotonous white.
Regards,
+1, add to that, the spare wheel at the rear, should look killer then. IMO, the sticker job will only ruin it.
rg_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2011, 17:48   #21
BHPian

Some more WIP pictures !
Fazal Saab, the wheels were painted "chrome" - as white looked too bright - so wanted to subdue the shine. Sorry for not doing what you said, pls excuse me once !!!
i will not put fluorescent stickers - as you had said, but will tint the glasses with dark sun film, making it look blackish.

Friends, pls suggest your ideas to make the jeep a stunner. Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Team BHP gets one more MM540 4WD-img0011a.jpg  

Team BHP gets one more MM540 4WD-img0012a.jpg  

Team BHP gets one more MM540 4WD-img0013a.jpg  

Old 18th January 2011, 22:35   #22
BHPian

1. Get some fat rubber.
2.upgrade the front axle to 57', if possible
3.Add fender flarings
4.a grey hardtop with sunfilmed glassess would look more nice
5. Put the 'JEEP' badging on his flanks
Ashley Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2011, 10:57   #23
BHPian

Fat Rubbers - I Too would like to have but sadly, i changed the tyres just 2 months ago, Apollo Hawkz AT 185/85R16@4500/tyre. so another 50,000kms, i am running on these only.

i plan next to change to 57" front axle, bolero disc brakes, vaccumm assisted booster etc.,. in my next fund allocation from my home ministry. i hope the file soon gets approved.

fender flarings would be surely added when i do the wide axle and next tyre change - hopefully to big fat alloys and meaty rubbers !

sunfilm - yes, surely on the list now.

JEEP - badging, will surely add.
Old 19th January 2011, 11:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
i plan next to change to 57" front axle, bolero disc brakes, vaccumm assisted booster etc.,. in my next fund allocation from my home ministry. i hope the file soon gets approved.
Stay away why do you want to change to such a wide axle? Your jeep is already 51" wide and I think this more than enough. If you plan to start altering your MM540 it will have its own negative impact on many other geometry and most importantly your pocket.

Stay stock and change only what is necessary, If you start thinking all that fancy look for some thing brand new and enjoy the new ride.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2011, 12:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shekaran Sir,

Along with the Wider Front Axles, I would suggest, you change the Steering to MRCBT, for maximum effect, also change the Rear Axle, otherwise, the 6" Difference in track will make the vehicle look very funny.

Regards,

Arka
Old 6th February 2011, 18:54   #26
BHPian

the headlight got one more addition apart from black powder coated rims. enfield bullet old models have such chrome tips on top of the headlamp assembly.
tried this in the jeep. opinions expected
Attached Thumbnails
Team BHP gets one more MM540 4WD-front-hl.jpg  

Team BHP gets one more MM540 4WD-front-hl-tip.jpg  

Old 6th February 2011, 19:23   #27
BHPian

Looks retro, but not out of place
Old 6th February 2011, 23:26   #28
BHPian

Thanks Ashley Nair for your comments.
i frankly thought that the retro look made my jeep stand a little different from other restored 540s mainly bcoz i am restoring it stock, no unnecessary mods and keeping it as OE as i can.
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:48   #29
BHPian

Jeep Gurus,
Pls Suggest - Advice on this aspect.
i have seen 2wd MMjeeps with front stabiliser/antiroll bar connected between the 2 front leafspring bottom mounts. the rod starts from the leafspring centre and is supported by the 2 chassis sections between the front grille.

am doing minimal offroading, so pls do not consider offroad specific handling details. what are its disadvantages onroad ?

what are the advantages for fitting that on a mm540 4wd ?
pls enlighten me, gurus.
Thanks, Best Regards.
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some more WIP pictures !
Fazal Saab, the wheels were painted "chrome" - as white looked too bright - so wanted to subdue the shine. Sorry for not doing what you said, pls excuse me once !!!
i will not put fluorescent stickers - as you had said, but will tint the glasses with dark sun film, making it look blackish.

Friends, pls suggest your ideas to make the jeep a stunner. Regards.
As per my advice a Jeep would look stunning when it is made as a mean machine, head lamp pointers, multi colour on the body would make it feminine or like a passenger vehicle with all those glitteratis.

If I had to suggest then these come into picture

EXTERIOR:

1. JEEP badge on either side of the jeep
2. MM550 mud gaurd flarings
3. 2 big halogen lamps on the front bumber
4. Rear view mirros of MM540
5. Headlamp girlle of MM550 rather those chrome pointers
6. Change those tail lamps to those of new MM540 which fit to the body
7. If possible get red/orange marker lamps on either rear side of the jeep
8. Two LUMAX blackout lights on the front bumper will add up to the look
9. If you want to use mud flaps please go for Mahindra ones only as they are little conical at the end the ordinary ones spoil the entire look

INTERIOR:

1. Complete floor matting.
2. Dull Black seat covers with double stich pattern
3. Go for Bolero steering wheel and its shade in case you opt for dual tone interiors
4. ICE two 4" speakers in the front under the dash and the rest at the back.

Plan accordingly so that the jeep gives a serios look. It should give your taste and at the same time look different no offence meant my friend. All the very best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks