Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2010, 19:42   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Wow... let all the pictures to flow in here... I'm excitedly waiting to see them all.
Just a sample pic to under stand how generous previous owner of this beast was ....
Even he retained his original tool bag kit with original tools till now ( nearly 22 years ) .
we played some tricks with this beast from the Main road to his farm ( nearly 3 to 4 kms), as was capturing this in my handy cam, so no still photos,
Any way will make to U tube, during trammway's next to my garage.
Attached Thumbnails
Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-sdc13608.jpg  

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-sdc13615.jpg  

Old 11th September 2010, 19:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Hi Siva, If I remember correct, I think you got a friend in Kanchipuram with a low bonnet jeep in which the Go Devil engine 'WILL' fit in correctly. And also he is a poor old friend who would be glad to accept your donation for his run down vehicle....;-).
Is it for that Pollachi Jeep Doc???
have you fixed that machine ?? Is it road worthy??
Eager to know the present status, 'coz I was the guy to spot it first from OUR gang..any way wish you good luck to get it to road !!
Old 11th September 2010, 22:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Siva, If I remember correct, I think you got a friend in Kanchipuram with a low bonnet jeep in which the Go Devil engine 'WILL' fit in correctly. And also he is a poor old friend who would be glad to accept your donation for his run down vehivle....;-).
Anytime doc, I can take the XD3P for explorer when you insert the GoDevil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Just a sample pic to under stand how generous previous owner of this beast was ....
Even he retained his original tool bag kit with original tools till now ( nearly 22 years ) .
we played some tricks with this beast from the Main road to his farm ( nearly 3 to 4 kms), as was capturing this in my handy cam, so no still photos,
Any way will make to U tube, during trammway's next to my garage.
Videos are ok, I'm still expecting more pics ;-)

The vintage bullet next to the LC is one of the beautiful youngster in your garage. I'm proud I catch up the restoration in stages. Way to Go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Is it for that Pollachi Jeep Doc???
have you fixed that machine ?? Is it road worthy??
Eager to know the present status, 'coz I was the guy to spot it first from OUR gang..any way wish you good luck to get it to road !!

No Sir, we don't know the whereabouts of the Pollachi Jeep. But Doc's Prowler is one of the most impressive jeep among the community.

Last edited by trammway : 11th September 2010 at 22:28.
Old 12th September 2010, 09:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Dear PowerTwin, is that Enfield yours? Looks like the original 'made in england' stamped engines?
Old 12th September 2010, 09:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Siva,

I envy your ability to pick up so many vehicles. All the best in your restoration process!!

Quote:
Hi Siva, If I remember correct, I think you got a friend in Kanchipuram with a low bonnet jeep in which the Go Devil engine 'WILL' fit in correctly. And also he is a poor old friend who would be glad to accept your donation for his run down vehivle....;-).

BTW, if "that" engine in "that" LB jeep is coming off, I need it Sir.

BTW, Doc, I would not mind you donating that run down vehicle !! Only if you dare too!!
Old 12th September 2010, 18:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Dear PowerTwin, is that Enfield yours? Looks like the original 'made in england' stamped engines?
Yes its mine !!

recently restored 1959,
Its not " Made in England" stamped badge on the Timing side Engine cover.
it is a Oval Aluminum badge etched " Royal En field", this was the order in 1959 SR magneto ignition Engines in particular .

just to view more pictures of my '59 Bull just click the below link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post2064846

Cheers!!
Old 12th September 2010, 21:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Videos are ok, I'm still expecting more pics ;-)
Expecting more pics
Here you Go !!!!

BTW, if my memory serves right, trammway promised me to get a " Smiths Meter" a couple of months before & finally there was meter at his farm (note the last pic), it was a " "Drip irrigation " Pressure gauge meter ,think he was referring that
Attached Thumbnails
Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-sdc13700.jpg  

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-sdc13701.jpg  

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-sdc13716.jpg  

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-sdc13720.jpg  

Old 17th September 2010, 02:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

Finally got some time to take the self motor for overhauling today. The motor had problems in Armature, Brush and couple of more items.

The famous Godhandan Electrician in GP Road accepted the motor for complete overhaul with a Bill of Rs.1600.

The motor service work in progress picture below:

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-16092010002.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-16092010007.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-16092010001.jpg
Old 20th September 2010, 10:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade View Post
Congrats man,its a beast,i love the 60 series for its raw power and simplicity.Though your particular model is a FJ60/HJ61 and not a FJ62,as FJ62 came with rectangular lights in pair of two's like i have,attaching a pic of my FJ62 and few i downloaded,the dashboard is different as well.None the less,the 60 series is one hell of a machine specially for expeditions and still serves many travelers across the globe.Have fun with it and dont ever use it as a donor vehicle mate,these are hard to come across machines.
Hmmm Just confirmed with Toyota and their record too shows that the vehicle I have got is a FJ62.

This one is available in the Toyota's records with the following model specificatons:

11/1984 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER (FJ62LV-MCZV)
ME WGV LHD HRF 3F CBR MTM 5F SOB

11/1984 (Production start month and year)
Toyota Land Cruiser (Name of the vehicle)
FJ62LV-MCZV (Model identification name)
ME - Middle east market
WGV - Wagon type
LHD - Left hand drive
HRF - High Roof
3F - 4000CC 3F engine
CBR - Carburetor
MTM - Manual transmission
5F - 5 forward gear + R gear
SOB - Swing out backdoor

Now, a BIG thanks to Shibu for helping me sourcing all the parts that I require for correcting few minor issues on my FJ62. I got the above model specifications from ToyoDIY.com by inputting some known values and frame number of my vehicle and passed the details to Dubai's Jeeper friend ;-)

He had a trip to Oman pressing a dealer to only fetch me the stuffs to make my FJ62 pucca condition. Result of his visit is success and most or all the parts i required is here with him, may be in a week's time I will get them all in my hand.

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8321.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8322.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8324.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8325.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8326.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8327.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8332.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8336.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-img_8337.jpg

1) Distributor Cap
2) Rotor
3) Carb Rebuild Kit
4) LC RHS Logo
5) RHS Tail Lamp
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2010, 11:04   #55
BHPian

we get soo many engines for this here, the 3B which in my BJ70 or the other 4200 1HZ. go for it, you will be able to enjoy it much more, 13kmpl DIESEL power.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post
we get soo many engines for this here, the 3B which in my BJ70 or the other 4200 1HZ. go for it, you will be able to enjoy it much more, 13kmpl DIESEL power.
The idea behind overhauling the vehicle is to run it on original engine spec that uses petrol as fuel.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:53   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Now, a BIG thanks to Shibu for helping me sourcing all the parts that I require for correcting few minor issues on my FJ62. I got the above model specifications from ToyoDIY.com by inputting some known values and frame number of my vehicle and passed the details to Dubai's Jeeper friend ;-)

He had a trip to Oman pressing a dealer to only fetch me the stuffs to make my FJ62 pucca condition. Result of his visit is success and most or all the parts i required is here with him, may be in a week's time I will get them all in my hand.
Dear Siva, My pleasure bro.I am glad that I could get you all the parts needed from one place.I feel it was worth driving about 320 kms to another country for getting you these parts.
Waiting for more updates and an OTR Report once you get your LC fixed with new parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerman View Post

chargerman
, Lucky you man. We dont get those engines in India that easily plus engine /fuel conversion is no longer allowed in India. So Siva has to stick to petrol Engine.
Old 26th September 2010, 12:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

Finally the water pump assy and clutch master cly assy also comes to my hand, once again the source turned out to be Shibu and Shibu only. Thanks to you pal.

Hopefully the vehicle turnout to home with all its issues corrected :-)
Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-26092010004.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-26092010006.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-26092010.jpg

What is the product listed below? I think I've got a lucky star that came with my FJ62. The below part is nothing but a brand new Bendix for the GoDevil engine. Remember I bought the engine without starter and while searching for the missing parts I got this one on my hand.
Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-22092010.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 26th September 2010 at 12:25.
Old 27th December 2010, 21:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62

Quick Update: Today I managed to do a DIY task to change the Spark plugs and Rotor. The spark plugs earlier used was MICO and due the rotor and distributor cup issues, there were few issues on combusting the fuel.

The distributor cup is not been changed as the part I got through Shibu seems to be mismatched

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-27122010025.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-27122010001.jpg

Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62-27122010024.jpg
Old 15th February 2011, 15:09   #60
BHPian

Re: Monster Toyota Landcruiser FJ62

Dear Siva,

Congrats on both of your purchases. Your FJ looks pretty darn good now

I must also congratulate you on your GPW engine. It looks fab and I was really suprised to see that it still has the factory color on it. Either the engine has never gone a major restoration or has very few miles on it. Can you please let us know the condition of the GPW engine? Are there any major cracks on the block? How does the inside looks?

Regards,
Rejo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks