Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 15:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskirat View Post
Spike, some of the MM550s were 2004 model. So these could be NGCS, but I am not sure.
hi car2fast
contact Jaskirat he has seen some 2004 models waiting to be auctioned off.

here is the link for his thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-my-jonga.html

rgds,
Nikhil

EDIT: also contact harjeev he has done similar restoration.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/50708-harjeevs-ranger-mm550-xd3p-4x4.html

Last edited by jeepster : 17th August 2010 at 15:46.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:36   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
car2fast,

Thank you for your appreciation.

Which Jeep are you talking about, as I did three 540's and would be glad to help you anytime. Soon to be unveiled here is a CJ-3B.

The three Jeeps and links for your reference.

Attachment 405706
Attachment 405707
Attachment 405708

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...derabad-4.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...pleted-13.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...sformed-4.html

Regards,

Fazal ,of the three which one do you posses now? Dont tell me you have all the three
Old 18th August 2010, 03:43   #18

@ Jeepster.

Thanks for the help. I have asked Jaskirat for this information.

Now I undestand that 2004 onwards NGCS has a substantial advantage (engineering + practical) over the older one.

Can anyone please elaborate the difference. I will plan a trip to Jallander only if I learn the difference to be really worth considerring. Also need to consider the price. 2004 NGCS would almost be double of the 2002 pre-series, that I'm currently looking at.

@ Joshguy
One or all, I just know that Fazal Sir's creations are working inspiration for me. Perhaps when I'm a little richer and have more free time (and I don't know when that day is to come), I will start learning this art of 'restoring better than the original'. Fazal Sir, if you open a school for this, I'll enrol as your first student.

As for my project, I'm now given two names - Classic and Performance (thanks Kandisa for the same). Over the week-end I will meet people from the same and form my first itenary for the restoration. With the "What Exactly" to look for comming from the restorer, I'll see if the acquire can be assisted by the same. And then this post is going to get more interesting.

Folks please try and get me info on more restorers and people who can help me choose the piece. I'm as of now lost between 3 MM550's all 2002 models. And then there's the question of me trying for the 2004 NGCS at Jallander.
Old 18th August 2010, 09:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2fast View Post
....As for my project, I'm now given two names - Classic and Performance (thanks Kandisa for the same). Over the week-end I will meet people from the same and form my first itenary for the restoration. With the "What Exactly" to look for comming from the restorer, I'll see if the acquire can be assisted by the same. And then this post is going to get more interesting.....
I think its Mandeep who gave the suggestions, just referring to your previous post.

Quote:
@Kandisa I was recommended Mr. Raj Kapoor (not the film line one, and guess he'd also be known here) by Mandeep @ Noida......
....Next I am told to contact Classic (again at Noida) as they are authorised Mahindra workshop and do quite a good job....
I don't 've any experience with Performance as i have never been there. Regarding Classic, they are an authorized Mahindra service center and jeep restoration is not their 1st priority though the owner takes ample interest. So you need to be little patient with them. But at least this much is ensured that your vehicle will get genuine mahindra spares and not the desi ones. Also you have the option of getting everything done under one roof. Though you should be ready to spend more than what a normal garage charges.
By the way, there is some problem with your PM setting, tried to reply you and it didn't go.
Old 18th August 2010, 18:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:

I will plan a trip to Jallander only if I learn the difference to be really worth considerring. Also need to consider the price.

I'm as of now lost between 3 MM550's all 2002 models. And then there's the question of me trying for the 2004 NGCS at Jallander.
Hi CAR2FAST ,

Seems you have done some study in mayapuri.
What are prices like in ur pics - 1st , 4th and also for CJ3Bs? I am looking for 550 or CJ3B for my friend. NGCS is not my priority. Non NGCS 550 will also do. Also In jallandhar the prices low?

Pls do reply .
Old 18th August 2010, 18:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great thought buddy and welcome to the mad world of 4X4 addicts. If you, zero down and need info or help with a CJ3B, do pm me.
Old 18th August 2010, 21:11   #22
BANNED

Even i have this dilemma

Some say that NGCS is better than older MM550 and some say that there is no much difference even in handling

I guess the difference is a stiffer chasis and wider axels ,thats as per my knowledge
Old 19th August 2010, 08:52   #23

More options required

@ Kandisa
Yes, Classic was indeed suggested by Mandeep

I would like to have that assurance of original parts, and so Classic has my vote for that
Time is not an agenda, I'll only be pushy if there is negligence, else am aware every section of the restoration will take its own time.

I just want it to be a calculated affair, and that it doesn't run into a never ending process.

Also, I'd altleast want to scan through some more options on where I could get the restoration done and the cost estimates by each, BEFORE I acquire the base unit.

I'll set my PM setting for your reply. Wil also PM you my e-mail ID

@ Joshguy
NGCS is a preferrence for sure, but the price is also a factor.
For me, I'm to learn from the Guru's what will be the advantage of the NGCS and how (technically to an extent)

If it turns into substantially better ride, handling, damping, offroading, durability, lesser maintenance and perhaps better than non-NGCS in every possible way, only then will I consider the cost difference.

I estimate because of them (NGCS) being more recent, 2004 onwards, as compared to 2002 models available for the Non-NGCS, and for that matter they having certain components more and better than the non-NGCS, they could cost almost 50k more.

@ Ricky
I'm at Mayapuri almost twice everyweek. CJ's were starting at 90 k's for an 'as-is'
The last one (with alloy wheels) was working and cost 1.5 l.

I've asked Jaskirat (thread - Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community) about availability of 2004 MM550 (NGCS) at Jallander. Awaiting his reply.

@ karizma9292
I have not enquired about Gypsies, but will do and let you know about the same
Pali is known there for gypsies and infact his shop at Mayapuri reads "Gypsy House" (refer background of one of the MM550's pictures on this thread)

PM me and I'll reply you with his contact no.
Old 20th August 2010, 18:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:

@ Ricky
I'm at Mayapuri almost twice everyweek. CJ's were starting at 90 k's for an 'as-is'
The last one (with alloy wheels) was working and cost 1.5 l.

I've asked Jaskirat (thread - Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community) about availability of 2004 MM550 (NGCS) at Jallander. Awaiting his reply.

HI C2F,

Thanks for the info. What about these 550s? are these in the same price range or lower? Its better to take it As-Is from MAyapuri than restored one.

Tarkesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks