Team-BHP - Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/91379-rebuild-91-gypsy-into-good-offroader-7.html)

Sugan, puhleez help me source those wind deflectors that you've got for your windows. Could you tell me where you bought them from?
Cheers,
Deepak

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremeG (Post 2575045)
@karizma9292

Can you post some Engine /Gear Box pic , I am considering the same mod.
Did you use a adapter plate?

Sorry i dont have the engine-gearbox fixed together pics , lost it somewhere . Adapter plate was not used .

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 2575260)
Sugan, puhleez help me source those wind deflectors that you've got for your windows. Could you tell me where you bought them from?
Cheers,
Deepak

Sent u a PM regarding this

Hi Sugan...I would like the info on those wind deflectors as well. Can you tell me where you got it?

Swell job on your gypsy, btw!

Ranjith

HEy guys , im planning on upgrading to wider axles to that of the MG413W ones , a scrap dealer in Chennai has them but he is quoting 27k for the front & rear , is the price ok or is he quoting too much ?

Nice restoration and Gypsy looks mean.

You should have retained the original "Govt Of India stickers" and no body would have dared to stop you from entering anywhere!!lol:

Sugan,
Great Gypsy you have.Love the shade of your gypsy.If you are upgrading to widetrack axles,why dont you get the wide track wheel arches too.The interiors need some coat of paint as it is looking too old.Also IMO,I do not like the grill and still feels that the King grille looks more purposeful.Drive safe,Enjoy OTRs.
Sreehari Krishnan

Quote:

Originally Posted by karizma9292 (Post 2721315)
HEy guys , im planning on upgrading to wider axles to that of the MG413W ones , a scrap dealer in Chennai has them but he is quoting 27k for the front & rear , is the price ok or is he quoting too much ?

Dear Sugan,
IMHO 27k for front and rear is too much. check in Mayapuri, you may get both in less than 20k.

Shubhendra Singh

Wanted a stronger rear bumper after i broke my rear OE bumper at the raid-de-bannerghatta so Upgraded the rear bumper to a Swastik fabs metal bumper . My friends call it the christmas tree bumper :)

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-dsc_3221.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-dsc_0295.jpg

Guys please dont waste money on buying second hand axles from Mayapuri or any scrap market. Brand new axles front from MUL cost 6k and rear axles 2k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanpreet (Post 2767765)
Guys please dont waste money on buying second hand axles from Mayapuri or any scrap market. Brand new axles front from MUL cost 6k and rear axles 2k.

t

You mean the whole assembly including the differential housing , gears inside etc :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by indianmaverick (Post 2590461)
Hi Sugan...I would like the info on those wind deflectors as well. Can you tell me where you got it?

Swell job on your gypsy, btw!

Ranjith

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 2575260)
Cheers,
Deepak

Now I need to know this top secret too. Been looking for those since months now and nobody in Bangalore seems to stock them.

Can you post in public where one can get these rain visors or wind deflectors? :)

Thanks
--Rahul

Those are from Maruti omni i guess.

Thanks,
Krishna

The bumper looks neat on your gypsy,Sugan .But I prefer the old Gypsy tail lamps to the new round one.Please get the Widetrack axles and Wheel arches ASAP.Also did you remove the FWH from your Gypsy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2769993)
Now I need to know this top secret too. Been looking for those since months now and nobody in Bangalore seems to stock them.Can you post in public where one can get these rain visors or wind deflectors?

Oh yeah Thanks Sugan, those deflectors work as a charm :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karizma9292 (Post 2769918)
You mean the whole assembly including the differential housing , gears inside etc

hey are you really interested eh?? PM me, I help get them for you from Punjab or from Aman;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnathanthri (Post 2770072)
Those are from Maruti omni i guess

Nope they are for Gypsy only.. I have them.. Thanks to Sugan for those..