Team-BHP - Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/91379-rebuild-91-gypsy-into-good-offroader-4.html)

Painting is complete . Gypsy is towed to the garage from the paint shop . Jonga inspired front grill design(bro's idea).

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-10012011549.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-10012011550.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-10012011551.jpg

nice paint job. are these latest pics??

is your Gypsy complete now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdev29 (Post 2205344)
nice paint job. are these latest pics??

is your Gypsy complete now?

Thanks buddy . Yup these are the latest pics taken yesterday .

No bro its up for engine works now . Work had stopped for about a week because of some problem at the paint shop .

I've got the Maxxis Trepador 235-75-R15 and with 7J rims they look just about right. I expect they would be abnormally stretched out with 8.5J - I couldn't even inflate mine on 8.5J rims so I returned and settled for the 7J.

Just get a second/third opinion because you may be exposing the unprotected part of the sidewall to the rocks with the tire stretched out so far.

With wider rim the sidewall would be straight and not bulge. Have you noticed some swifts who upgrade to alloy but retain the OE 165's? Similarly. Harsher ride and sidewall cuts are the negatives.

Nice work bro, Keep going:-) It was myself, who was taking care of Mexx's 416 conversion in Erode:) We had our good days in pimping up the gypsy with 1.6L engine, lot of debates, lots of discussions, lots of information sharing within ourselves and mechanic, tinker etc etc. On the whole a mind blowing experience.

I am really very happy to see one more G16B conversion in T-bhp. Congrats in advance:thumbs up. Keep going bro, for any help or queries you can bug me anytime through my mobile (09894681858). I am very near to bangalore only.

regards,
ashwinraj.

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashvar87 (Post 2207277)
Nice work bro, Keep going:-) It was myself, who was taking care of Mexx's 416 conversion in Erode:) We had our good days in pimping up the gypsy with 1.6L engine, lot of debates, lots of discussions, lots of information sharing within ourselves and mechanic, tinker etc etc. On the whole a mind blowing experience.
I am really very happy to see one more G16B conversion in T-bhp. Congrats in advance:thumbs up. Keep going bro, for any help or queries you can bug me anytime through my mobile (09894681858). I am very near to bangalore only.

Thanks buddy , yeah dude i came to know through the thread that its you who was helping Mexx . Thanks a lot for the help bro , i'l be calling for some queries to speed up things . Thanks once again for the help .

@ Nikhil : Thanks dude , for now im keeping it stock because i have to get to this power for offroading . Painting was done at a friend's shop in Saraki and engine works is being done in a garage near double road .

@Karizma,
Sure thing, Welcome dude:)

Hey guys , finally after a long wait the engine has been mounted into engine bay . Some pics of the same

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110119_123542.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110119_123549.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110119_123554.jpg

Its been a really long time i updated this thread as i have not been visiting the garage from 2 months due to work constarints . Went there yesterday and the following work was done .
1. Engine wiring complete
2. Gypsy king MPFI's fuel tank , fuel pump & fuel gauge was fitted (new) (Viji sir got these for me)
3. ECM properly located .
4. Shackles fitted (thanks to Viji sir for the shackles)
5. Radiator & piping done (both inlet & outlet)
6. oil pan alteration

Pending works

1. Fuel pump & gauge wiring
2. The igniters are broken so ordered new ones to crank the engine
3. Radiator fan yet to be done ( would electric fan be a good choice)
4. Exhaust
5. Air filter ( which vehicle's filter will suit , it should be snorkel friendly)
6. Added brake booster
There are few other works which i cant remember:Frustrati . Now some pics

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110301_163548.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110301_163607.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110301_163557.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110205_173853.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110201_174919.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110129_175734.jpg

Rebuild of a '91 Gypsy into a good offroader-img_20110127_172910.jpg

Hey guys , my gypsy build was haulted for nearly 3 months due to personal issues :Frustrati, work has started again a week ago , Now im in need of maruti baleno's dashboard wiring (not the engine wiring) . Can anybody source it for me , please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by karizma9292 (Post 2366162)
Hey guys , my gypsy build was haulted for nearly 3 months due to personal issues :Frustrati, work has started again a week ago , Now im in need of maruti baleno's dashboard wiring (not the engine wiring) . Can anybody source it for me , please:

May I know, why do you need the dashboard wiring?

I am also in the process of doing this conversion, of which the wiring part is done.

PM me for more info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autoholic

May I know, why do you need the dashboard wiring?

I am also in the process of doing this conversion, of which the wiring part is done.

PM me for more info.

Keep the 410's in dash wiring & controls. You can add a check engine light in gypsy's console

Quote:

Originally Posted by MexXxentric (Post 2427735)
Keep the 410's in dash wiring & controls. You can add a check engine light in gypsy's console

Thanks buddy , wiring work all done . test rode the vehicle also , goes pretty much like a car . Got the baleno dashboard wiring the fuse box for a throw away price :) . Work will complete in 4 or 5 days . Will post pics & videos soon