Team-BHP > Announcements
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 01:59   #76
BHPian

Re: Happy 17th birthday, Team-BHP!

Congrats to the founders of this amazing community. I have been a follower of the forum almost from the time it started and the forum never ceases to amaze, not just because of the in-depth information on vehicles that is available here, but also because of all the totally off the beaten track topics - just today I saw a topic on claiming LTA and another on powerbanks!

So to list my likes and dislikes:

1. The sheer amount of information available - one can become an expert on cars just by reading different posts
2. The attention to detail and the quality of moderation, in general
3. The forum really helps in research - whether it is for a new car or even a route or something else altogether
4. Helpful members

Dislikes:
1. Searching for something is a pain.
2. Seeing a lot of personal attacks in recent times on some of the topics. Those should be a no-no in a forum like this
3. Hot threads on the home page don't necessarily show hot threads but rather the newer threads.
Neversaygbye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 04:35   #77
BHPian

Happy birthday team bhp. Good to see you getting young. Teenage. Hahah.

About likes and dislikes most of what I could think of is already being said by esteemed members.
But I would like to suggest if the Team-BHP mobile app could be upgraded to similar levels as the browser version, that would be nice. Thanks
knrn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 07:06   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations and very well done team!

The following post echoes my feedback as well. Summarized very well by fellow BHPian Hayek.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...ml#post5000592 (Happy 17th birthday, Team-BHP!)

In addition to the above I'll add the below,

Areas of improvement:
  1. Considering the increased discussions around privacy and security I find it strange that I couldn't find relevant information explicitly detailed in the TBHP FAQ section on how members can choose to close their account/membership or leave the forum.
  2. IMHO due to extreme moderation and tough entry conditions the forum is loosing content/users.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 08:34   #79
BHPian

Happy 17th anniversary for the beloved TBHP

2. DIY projects
3. Lack of video reviews (yes, this is not a mistake)
4. Source of varied knowledge and experiences

Dislikes
1. Most threads in shifting gears section are brilliant, I feel some unworthy threads in this section gets escalated to hot threads as well.
2. Inadequate motorcycling content
3. Less exposure to international auto markets (I am sure many of our members are frequent travellers to China, Fareastern countries. I request them to post their experiences, knowledge)
4. We need some head to head comparisons (max 2-3 cars) by experienced members or official reviewers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
- Not sure how doable this is, but how about a Team-BHP head-to-head comparison drive when a new vehicle comes up? We do have polls about people's opinions about the cars, but other than passing comments by moderators and posts in the Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Threads, I don't think we have had many head-to-head comparisons which I think might help a lot of people in shortlisting cars a little quicker. Especially with Team-BHP's no-holds-barred take, I think a lot more niggles and specialties of each car can be discovered when compared to it's peers side-by-side, especially under our reviewers' practiced eyes!
One of my closest friends ( who can be termed non-car enthusiast) is planning to buy a CSUV. He is smitten by the looks of Sonet but he has been made wary of the risks with DCT. He would have liked an Ecosport vs Sonet comparison.

Last edited by gauravanekar : 15th February 2021 at 08:36.
gauravanekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 09:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Happy birthday Tbhp. Would like to thank all the moderators and the founders on tirelessly keeping the forum sanitised and bias-free.

Some points areas where there is room for improvement-

1- Topics on irrelevant content- We must concentrate on automobiles only, rest can stay out
2- More content on Motorcycles- Right now we rely only on the valuable experiences shared by the fellow biking bhpians
3- Video reviews- Though the written reviews are outstanding, a short video review is always welcome, gives us a "real feeling"

All the best with much success.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 15th February 2021 at 09:34.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 09:32   #81
BANNED

Happy birthday team-bhp. Sweet seventeen

Let's talk about the goodness, I loved the open mindedness of the forum that one of my DIY fixes was promoted as a new thread by the moderators itself, while I was in ban period. (you know the usual reasons ). Official reviews are 'best in next class', and the amount of information is unmatched by any other car review website.

Areas of improvement
I don't know if it is due to the lack of contents now a days, lot of lackluster ownership reviews are being approved and even being promoted to home page. I know it's difficult to collate an ownership thread, I am being so lazy that even my second car ownership review is not materialized into a thread and still remains in my head only. That tomorrow is not coming for me.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 09:39   #82
BHPian

Happy 17th, Team BHP!! Anyone can dream or conceptualize ideas but the difference lies in execution. Kudos to GTO and the mods who have tirelessly worked on maintaining and improving the quality of discussions over such a long period.

Please plan for some meets and activities in the southern part of India more frequently in the future. It would be good to meet the faces behind the "handles"!!
octane_100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 09:49   #83

Happy Birthday Team-BHP

My membership just got approved on the 17th birthday of Team-BHP, and this would be my first post. I have been using Team-BHP for more than a decade though, the time I bought my first car in 2009.

Likes -
1. No need for registration to read the reviews.
2. The finesse with which posts are curated, and one can actually know the owner's experience of his/her beloved car.
3. The vastness of content, which is not only limited to car itself, but the accessories, the modifications and everything about the cars.

Dislikes -
1. Too new here for a dislike, as a member. However being a cycling enthusiast as well, my wishlist would include extensive reviews of cycles on this forum.

Last but not the least, I would like to thank the creator of this forum and all the enthusiasts here for making car-owning experiences for Lakhs or crores of people smoother and better.
infiankit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:32   #84
BHPian

Happy 17th, Team BHP!!

I have been here since 2006, I think, and the forum has grown so much with immense amounts of data and knowledge with intense focus on quality and accuracy of information available / posted on the forum.

It has become an archive of modern Indian automotive history!

All the best to the founders and onwards to the next 17 years!!!
Yusha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:42   #85
BHPian

All wonderful, thank you. I only wish I could get in touch with more members and get to meet them. India is too vast a country and to have nationwide meets (as someone suggested here) will have remarkable challenges. How do we get to participate in major city meets?
bosem123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:53   #86
BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP!! Wish you many more.

Team-BHP is one of the few active high quality forums left on internet. Kudos to the Founders, Moderators, D-Bhpians and other members in keeping an eagle eyed focus on quality of content. Keep up the good work.
k10_nag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 15:37   #87
BHPian

It is indeed a great feeling to have team BHP membership :-)

• Much needed moderation to avoid misuse of the forum
• Amazing reviews content with very detailed images. I am sure everyone of us see the details multiple times over a period of time, each time getting more insight
• Good value in the people. This could expand more to remote people / common people also
• Ownership threads are the best to hear directly from the horse's mouth. No review beats the ownership threads.
• Help and information always available from other members and sometimes more helpful than an in person.

Dislikes:
• Membership could be little liberal as we have the infractions and ban[A ban is worst than no membership]
• Very late reviews [This is improving]
• Need more merchandise
• The forum look and feel is aged and need remodelling with Angular tech
tirumalavoleti is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:28   #88
BHPian

Happiest Birthday to the Team BHP! The encyclopedia for Auto lovers!

Once you're in, its an addiction honestly.

Top of my head likes and dislikes appended :

1. Being proud about being a member of Team BHP
2. The friends and extended family you get offline. The camaraderie is insane
2. The forum is user friendly & simple to scroll through
3. The freedom to share one's opinions
4. Detailed car reviews which mostly a prospective buyer can form an opinion on and probably refer the reviews than reading the car manual to quick learn about the car too.
5. The power to get your things moving if they're stuck with some Auto brand. Of course not misusing it but a headsup for all out there how an owner may have gone or going through a misery.

Dislikes :

1. Would love to see more of new / upcoming Superbike reviews. I don't mind volunteering to be a test rider.
2. Probably too long a list of T&Cs and rules for a newbie to keep in mind
3. The merchandise pricing could be better
4. Expand Classifieds section to make it larger and visible. With so many members and their garages. Probably better to look here for preowned than in the market.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 15th February 2021, 16:30   #89
Senior - BHPian

Happy Birthday Team-BHP

It's been really nice journey along with T-BHP for last few years. I really enjoy reading reviews, travelogues & different topics here related to all types of automobiles.

Likes -

Consistency.
Quality of reviews & data in detail.
Variety of topics.

Dislikes -

Many threads has some different, unnecessary discussions apart from main topic of the thread.
Some threads become only bashing threads, especially for Maruti, Tata. It's not at all necessary.
No official, good reviews for new bikes like we have for cars. Big negative!!
Much less data regarding bikes than we have for cars.
Infractions - I hate those.

All the very best for future T-BHP, keep going strong.

Last edited by aniketi : 15th February 2021 at 16:31.
aniketi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:44   #90
VVN
BHPian

A very Happy Birthday to Team BHP and all the Mods and Members. Since we are talking about likes and dislikes/ Improvement areas, here's my 2 cents.

What I like:

1) Content: Very predictable. TBHP is the Quora of the automotive world and I absolutely love the content on display here. Lots to learn and grasp for noobs like me.

2) Moderation: On point. We need it and I am glad that the mods are doing everything they can to keep this forum free from not only off topic discussion but also for something as trivial as spelling and grammatical issues. Kudos.

3) UI: Read a lot of comments saying that it looks outdated. But I prefer this over anything fancy. The User Experience is top notch IMO and there is no reason to play around and go for a full fledged revamp just to make it more modern. As rightly mentioned by GTO, a few technical tweaks is all thats needed. Reminds me of the whole Gtalk vs Hangouts discussion and boy do I miss Google Talk and it's simplistic interface.

Dislikes/Improvement Areas

1) Reviews: Off late, I have noticed that the reviews have become shorter and bit haphazard. Example: We never had a proper detailed review for Honda City. I totally understand the constraints faced by Mods. Maybe we can shift to the older system where the important cars were reviewed (even if it takes time) and have the shorter ones for a >40L car?

Earlier, it used to be easy for anyone looking for a review to simply go to the review section, filter from newest to oldest and start reading. However, the new system has made this a bit complicated.

That's about it from my end. May this forum continue to grow old with us.
VVN is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks