Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 15:23   #31
BHPian

Re: PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Their website mentions regular servicing as well. Does anyone have experience on the servicing at Kriti car care? I have lost confidence on company service centers and want to try an FNG. If not Kritis, any other recommendation of a good FNG for Maruti DZire anywhere near to Hebbal, Kalyan Nagar etc.,?
I have been servicing my Corolla Altis with Krithi for the past 3 years after I got tired for Nandi Toyota sneaking in a engine decarbonization/AC Duct Cleaning/Battery polishing/Exhaust note checking etc as a service and charging me extras.

Regular service at Krithi is fast and smooth and I get a say in the oil that I would like to use. Again, none of the drama around Toyota only recommends semi-synthetic oil for Petrols and putting fully synthetic will harm(yeah! Nandi told that to me).

Sometimes spare parts can be a challenge. Hence, an early appointment would help.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 22:57   #32
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Service, Bodyshop, PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).

Disclaimer - I have absolutely no commercial benefit/interest in promoting this vendor. Being a BHPian, we all hold ourselves accountable to the highest levels of ethics and integrity and I always adhere to these principles.

I have been an extremely happy customer of Krithi Car Care since 2020 and it's only fair that I post about my experiences, better late than never.

Vendor Details
Krithi Car Care started with car detailing services at HBR Layout off the Outer Ring Road and moved to a large new facility last year and they now even do multi-brand car servicing. I will try to summarize my experiences here with a little bit about the annual maintenance/service experiences and more on the PPF work that I recently availed from them.

Vendor Name: Krithi Car Care

Address:
Survey No. 83/1, Near Manyata Tech Park gate, 4 & 5, Rachenahalli Main Rd, Mesthri Palya, Karnataka 560077

Landmarks:
It is very close to the end of the Manyata Tech Park road (rear exit onto Rachenahalli Road and adjacent to Machaxi Ahalya Sports)

Contact Person/Phone:
Mr. Krishna Prasad (+ 91 91484 74646) / Ms. Meena (+91 91484 74707)

Email: customerservice@krithiautomobiles.com

Services provided:
  • General/Scheduled Maintenance & Running Repair Services -> Krithi Car Care is now a TSERV authorized multi-brand service centre
  • Bodyshop -> Tinkering/Dent Removal, Painting
  • Car Care/Car Detailing -> PPF, Ceramic Coating for body / glass / interiors, paint correction/detailing

Services I have used:
  • Annual maintenance/repair services for both my Swift Dzire & Wagon R since 2020
  • Bodyshop - repaired dents/damage in rear Bumper and Hatch door of Wagon R
  • PPF and ceramic coating for my new Tata Harrier

Summary
The Good:
  • BHPian operated, owned and managed first hand by Krishna Prasad - this is a big Yay for me, it isn't very easy to discuss anything related to the car in detail unlike with service centre folks who don't have the knowledge nor the time
  • Passionate owners - I don't think Meena is a BHPian, but she is very passionate about the detailing work and the knowledge she has gained by working hands on with her team is very commendable.
    What do I say about Krishna ? Well, he's just one of my Go-To persons when it comes to service, bodyshop/painting and detailing work! He will go into in-depth technical details if one is interested
  • Transparent and Honest - They always explain the work and cost involved in detail and as a customer I love to hang around the car when the work is being done (of course when I have the time and also without disturbing the staff or putting myself and their safety at risk) and they don't object to it. They will not sneak in labour/consumables/parts work to the bill to bloat/inflate the bill like the ASS guys
  • Large Facility - The new facility at Rachenahalli is large and they even have a new customer lounge on the Mezzanine floor with a glass wall from where one can watch the work being carried out on their car in the floor below. The paint booth is also a very high quality, professional setup and Krishna himself is an expert in Paint matching
  • Easily Approachable - They are very easy to reach out and talk to regarding any concerns that one may have related to the work being done
  • Great work - I have had very good annual service experiences for both the Dzire and Wagon R, bodyshop work on the Wagon R and most recently the PPF and ceramic coating work on the Harrier is excellent
  • Genuine parts and good quality consumables (better engine oil/brake fluid/coolant than those used by ASS folks) and no unwanted work (if you have experiences with ASS folks you know what I mean!)

The Bad:
  • Expensive - this can be one's initial perception. For example if you compare service charges for annual maintenance with what ASS guys charge, but then there are no fake/additional work items on the bill like caliper pin greasing, AC duct cleaning, etc etc!

Overall: Very positive, will recommend them without hesitation

Experience based on work done:
Annual maintenance services & running repairs
  • They always recommend doing what is necessary and sufficient. No unnecessary/premature replacement of parts/fluids
  • They recommend using Manufacturer's Genuine Parts and for items like fluids, they suggest going for higher quality products that can give better performance and longer life (example Motul engine oils, DOT4+ Brake Fluid, Motul long life coolant, etc)

Bodyshop work for the Wagon R:
I had the damages in the bumper and Hatch door fixed. The paint matching was perfect and Krishna called me couple of times to reconfirm the exact colour of the car.

Full Body PPF + Ceramic coating (For non-PPF areas):
I recently bought a Tata Harrier XZA+ Dark Edition (Oberon Black exterior colour). Being a difficult colour to maintain, it was a no-brainer to get Full body PPF and ceramic coating (for non-PPF areas) done. On earlier visits to Krithi, I had seen many different cars being worked on, I knew that they would do a good job on the Harrier and the decision to get it done at Krithi was also a no-brainer for me!

Spoke to Krishna and he gave me a couple of options - one with a 2 year warranty and the other with 5 years which made more sense to me and this is what was included:
  • PPF - Aliphatic TPU with Acrylic Glue
  • Thickness 205 microns including the glue layer
  • 20 microns self healing layer/topcoat
  • Warranty - 5 years, usable life of the PPF is 8-10 years

After taking delivery of the car from Cauvery Tata Motors, Avalahalli (Old Madras Road), I drove straight to Krithi Car Care through back roads via Medahalli, Hennur and Rachenahalli to drop off the car. 3 days layer, the car was ready and it just looks stunning!

Eye for detail (this is definitely a must for Car detailing!) - Both Krishna and Meena have an eye for detail and it is very evident in the quality of the work as can be seen in the final deliverable.

*Pics taken with mobile phones will not do justice, so I will soon post pictures of the Harrier.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th June 2023 at 17:32. Reason: As requested
NPV is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 14:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Last week, I got major service done for my Fiat Linea MJD at Krithi Car Care.
Replaced all the filters, oil & fluids. All OE stuff.
They did a good job!
The total bill was less than what the ASC charges for major service.
The proprietor (Krishna) being a BHPian & car enthusiast makes a big difference!
Will definitely recommend this place.
finneyp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 16:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Last week, I got major service done for my Fiat Linea MJD at Krithi Car Care.
Replaced all the filters, oil & fluids. All OE stuff.
They did a good job!
The total bill was less than what the ASC charges for major service.
The proprietor (Krishna) being a BHPian & car enthusiast makes a big difference!
Will definitely recommend this place.
Do they have a paint booth? We are interested in having our older car repainted.
Old 18th December 2023, 17:12   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Do they have a paint booth? We are interested in having our older car repainted.
Yes they do have a paint booth.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 18:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
They have one of the best paint booths around. I have just got my 18 year old Swift repainted

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-swiftnight.jpg

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-swiftpaint.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 18th December 2023 at 18:13.
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 19:53   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
They have one of the best paint booths around. I have just got my 18 year old Swift repainted

Attachment 2545592

Attachment 2545593
Looks fab.

Is this a different shade of silver or my eyes playing tricks? Looks different from the stock 'Swift' silver
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 20:11   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Looks fab.

Is this a different shade of silver or my eyes playing tricks? Looks different from the stock 'Swift' silver
Good catch, it's a slightly different shade of silky silver with an extra touch of blue 'stainer'?

It started off as a repaint on 4 panels that were keyed by a homosapien, but ended up with a full repaint as we discovered a few hidden rust patches along the way. Ended up changing all 4 window channels, some door hinges, beadings, etc that added to the cost. Also ended up redoing the interiors, sigh.

The important point that anyone painting an old car must remember is to be flexible on the estimate as you inevitably end up finding issues that weren't considered earlier.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 00:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good catch, it's a slightly different shade of silky silver with an extra touch of blue 'stainer'?
Do you mind sharing the cost ?
Old 19th December 2023, 04:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mind sharing the cost ?
Here you go.

I initially thought of going with the cheaper Colormax but ended up using the more expensive Glasurit paint.

The ceramic coating is an Avalon King DIY kit that I had with me that Krishna very kindly agreed to apply. Isn't as hard as the Gyeon he normally uses but is excellent value for what I paid for the kit (about 4k).

PPF & Coating - Krithi Car Care (near Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore).-swift-painting-cost.jpg
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 11:42   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go.

I initially thought of going with the cheaper Colormax but ended up using the more expensive Glasurit paint.
What was the cost difference between the two: Colormax and Glasurit? I'm planning on getting my Honda City repainted totally and I got a quote of 54K plus taxes from Trends.

I don't mind paying a premium for a good finish, considering I'm thinking of keeping this car for another 5 years.

Last edited by creative420 : 21st December 2023 at 11:49.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 11:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
What was the cost difference between the two: Colormax and Glasurit? I'm planning on getting my Honda City repainted totally and I got a quote of 54K plus taxes from Trends.

I don't mind paying a premium for a good finish, considering I'm thinking keeping this car for another 5 years.
I think it was about 15k
Old 21st December 2023, 13:08   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I think it was about 15k
Sorry, should be Cromax.

Best to contact Krithi directly and get options on paint. Also please understand the paint estimate also depends on the size of the vehicle (paint coverage).

Mods please combine with above post
Old 29th December 2023, 22:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go.

Attachment 2545689
Whether it is Glasurit or Cromax
I feel the cost of tinkering and painting, which is around 1.09lacs, is almost double that most places charge.
I'm not sure I can afford to spend this much for a paint job, given the adverse driving conditions in Bangalore traffic.
Neur0t0xin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 04:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neur0t0xin View Post
Whether it is Glasurit or Cromax
I feel the cost of tinkering and painting, which is around 1.09lacs, is almost double that most places charge.
I'm not sure I can afford to spend this much for a paint job, given the adverse driving conditions in Bangalore traffic.
Answering the second part of your question first, I completely agree it's stupid to spend that much on an old car considering Bangalore traffic, but I didn't want to compromise on the base work which to me is the critical step when re-painting. FYI: Bimal's estimate for a full respray was about the same.

Good luck on your paint job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks