Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 18:11   #31
BHPian

Re: Tyre Dealer : Millivisions (Doddamavalli, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishetty View Post
A lot seems to have changed with this dealer since this thread was started. They definitely cannot stake claim to the best price shop. I recently visited the store to swap the stock Aceleres on my Vento and found the prices they quoted to be on the higher side. Luckily i had done my H/W so was able to negotiate down the price but other dealers had quoted lesser prices right from the onset. However, they offered the best price form my stocks. So my advice is don't blindly believe this thread and walk into the store. A bit of H/W will most certainly land you a better deal.
Completely agree. They quoted way too high when I called and i did not even bother going out there. Finally ended up at Sai Iyengars in Bannerghatta Road
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 21:36   #32
BHPian

Now that Iam planning for new shoes for my optra magnum, I am going to check out Millivisions tomorrow for Yoko S drive and C drive prices. Though it is slightly far away from my place, I may plan to buy if the rates are competitive and will post my experience. But one thought which comes to my mind is that, many in the thread says he gives good exchange rates for nearly new tyres and offers best rates for new tires. So can this be a case where he is getting the nearly new tires from these exchanges and selling them off after cleaning/polishing or so? What say guys ? Is that a possibility?
Old 27th August 2013, 20:55   #33
BHPian

Its highly unlikely shinuak. Most people would only switch stock tires and Yoko's and for that matter any high end tires are seldom stock.
Old 28th August 2013, 23:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
But one thought which comes to my mind is that, many in the thread says he gives good exchange rates for nearly new tyres and offers best rates for new tires. So can this be a case where he is getting the nearly new tires from these exchanges and selling them off after cleaning/polishing or so? What say guys ? Is that a possibility?
Well.. most OE tyres are GY, MRF or at the max BS. If you are purchasing these, then yes there is a high likelyhood of what you mentioned actually happening, otherwise, I believe there is a slim chance.

I exchanged my stock GY tyres on my Dzire (14kms)on the ODO for A drives. He does not give scope for haggling too much, and neither is he cheap compared to others. Also, the cost varies if its cash/card. He is just about there. Do keep us informed on the cost.
Old 1st September 2013, 10:19   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post

Well.. most OE tyres are GY, MRF or at the max BS. If you are purchasing these, then yes there is a high likelyhood of what you mentioned actually happening, otherwise, I believe there is a slim chance.

I exchanged my stock GY tyres on my Dzire (14kms)on the ODO for A drives. He does not give scope for haggling too much, and neither is he cheap compared to others. Also, the cost varies if its cash/card. He is just about there. Do keep us informed on the cost.
Does he cut charge extra for card transactions?
Old 1st September 2013, 11:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Does he cut charge extra for card transactions?
2.5 percent for credit card transaction as I heard from a friend who recently changed the shoes
Old 1st September 2013, 11:09   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

2.5 percent for credit card transaction as I heard from a friend who recently changed the shoes
And was the tyre price much lower than other tire shops?

BTW, how much is the cost of alignment and balancing over there?
Old 1st September 2013, 21:21   #38
BHPian

Called up millivision , but the response over phone was not very enthusiastic and also they don't work/ open on sundays. I am someone who doesn't mind even paying a little more for a good customer experience. So walked into SLNP pitstop, kammanahalli and replaced all 4 Yokohama s drives (205/55/15) with Yokohama c drives 195/60/15 (stock size) in my optra magnum today. Initially they showed me 2012 tyres and i told them that i would buy only if they give 2013 manufactured tyres. They checked over phone and then sourced it from their Sanjay Nagar showroom. The in charge seemed to be a nice guy, he finally gave it at INR 5300 a piece which included balancing, alignment and nitrogen filling. The only downside was that they charge 2 % for credit card payment which was told upfront and was not ready to waive despite me asking for it. They gave the warranty card only upon asking. But I am overall satisfied with the shopping experience, the boys who do the work did not seem to be very experienced, but there was a senior guy who kept a close watch and supervised the whole work. After the change the differences noticed are that the steering became lighter and ride became plush, but I am missing the sure footed grip of the wider s drives though.
Old 1st September 2013, 22:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Shinuak, will be good if you can share your review/experience with SLNP PitStop on a new thread!
I stay nearby, so I may try this shop for my next shoes upgrade.
Did you check out Mobile Tyre Tech, near Sena Vihar?
Old 2nd September 2013, 07:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
And was the tyre price much lower than other tire shops?

BTW, how much is the cost of alignment and balancing over there?
I think the alignment is Rs 400
Old 2nd September 2013, 09:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Shinuak, will be good if you can share your review/experience with SLNP PitStop on a new thread!
I stay nearby, so I may try this shop for my next shoes upgrade.
Did you check out Mobile Tyre Tech, near Sena Vihar?
Hi Finneyp, The reason why I din't start a new thread with the experience is that, though the service was good and above average, I would not call it a delight (may be I am expecting too much). They showed me 2012 tyres first and tried to push AVS DB and michelin and I clearly said no to it and said I need only 2013 tyres. They got 2013 tyres from Sanjay Nagar and while waiting he offered me coffee/Tea etc. If you are staying close it will be really worthwhile to check it out, compare prices and then decide, you can even refer to me buying 4 yoko c drives from them. The incharge who attended to me was Mr. Alex (He said he is usually at Sanjay nagar and his brother will be at Kammanahalli), I gave him my card as he is a BE graduate and was looking for some other job. The best partt about them is that they dont charge anything extra for alignment, balancing and nitrogen filling, that cost is included in the tyre price, but charge 2 % on CC. Overall, you need to keep a sharp eye on the manufacturing year, do your homework, decide what you need and show that you know about tyres and is keen to buy. Then they will give best of services. They might try to push Michelin a little bit, but you can stick to your brand. Yoko pricing is relatively better than other places. They have other services like detailing, car wash and an ICE section run under the same roof but by a different owner.
I have visited mobile Tyre tech (the one with automated car wash next to it) many times in the past for puncture fixes and Mr. Prithvi there is a nice and friendly guy who loves to talk tyres, alloys and about his yamaha R1 and stuff. But there ends the good story, when it comes to tyre prices, atleast in my experience, I have felt he over-quotes way higher. For Eg. I bought Michelin for my Alto in 2009 or 10 after checking prices from many places, finally for around INR 2250. Mobile tyre tech quote for the same was 2950 and he was ready only to reduce INR 50 per tyre.

PS. Alex mentioned to me that Michelin prices are set to go up by this week, so if you planning on Michelins you can act fast.

Thanks

Shinu
Old 9th November 2013, 21:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

My second set of tyres reached it end of life, went to Millivision today and got Yoko dBs for Civvy. Reached there by 6:30PM and got all the tyres fitted balanced and aligned by 7:00PM.

They were amused at why my Civvy has 6 wheels
Old 9th November 2013, 23:13   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
My second set of tyres reached it end of life, went to Millivision today and got Yoko dBs for Civvy. Reached there by 6:30PM and got all the tyres fitted balanced and aligned by 7:00PM.

They were amused at why my Civvy has 6 wheels
Even i am amused. Why does your civvy have 6 wheels? Did you buy 6 tyres?
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:49   #44
BHPian

Tyre Dealer : Millivisions (Doddamavalli, Bangalore)

On 13th April 2014 I had a service appointment at Surakshaa Car Care, Bommanahalli. After getting my car (2008 Maruti Suzuki Swift D'zire Zdi) serviced, I had a plan of getting all the tyres changed to newer ones as the older tyres served me for an awesome 60K kms, for which I had contacted Deepa Enterprises (Cokey mak), Davangere who had given me a quote of INR 18,800 for 4 tyres and around INR 600 for balancing and alignment.

But I was lucky enough to have a conversation with Mr. Lokesh(Surakshaa Car Care) which turned out to be a fruitful one. He suggested me to get my tyres changed at Millivisions for which he personally called & informed the shop owner.

I reached their showroom by 4PM and the owner was waiting for me. Got a Quote of INR 16,500 for Dec 2013 make 4 Yokohama A drives (stock size of 185 70r14) and balancing and alignment was offered as complimentary. Everything was finished in an hour and I returned with a Big Grin on my Face (as I almost saved INR 2,900).

Regards.

Last edited by KING DYSP : 22nd June 2014 at 17:56. Reason: Added few points
Old 24th July 2014, 19:08   #45
BHPian

Hi Folks, I've booked the Honda City and planing to upgrade tyres upon arrival to 195/60R15 Michelin XM2. Could you please help with a dealer around Jayanagar, J.P.Nagar, Kanakapura Road area for exchange of stock with new Michelin XM2.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks