Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 32 71.11%
Recommended 10 22.22%
NOT recommended 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2016, 21:30   #46
BHPian

Re: Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)

Looking for replacing my Yamaha R3 tires. Do the Tyre Professional guys take care of Bike tyres ? Also, do they have paddock stand etc. ?
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilkhurana View Post
Looking for replacing my Yamaha R3 tires. Do the Tyre Professional guys take care of Bike tyres ? Also, do they have paddock stand etc. ?
Try Madhus on the JC road or the Langford town. They have bike tyres with them. At TP, there is a constant flow of vehicles and with one service bay for balancing and alignment, it is hectic out there. You will have to wait it out.

I would suggest you to go down to the Langford town. They have a new machine for tyre change which does not damage the rims and also carries out the job in a jiffy.

They don't have the paddock stand. You can get it in the Yamaha dealership itself. Costs around 2k or try the GA Engineering facebook page. Many people have good experience including me from here.

Or if you can have some free time and ready to get some grease under your palm, try with this. Check the dimensions on your bike and fabricate one yourself from a local source. Reference drawing here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...hread-354.html

Last edited by unk9ja : 23rd March 2016 at 19:25. Reason: Paddock stand details added
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Try Madhus on the JC road or the Langford town. They have bike tyres with them. At TP, there is a constant flow of vehicles and with one service bay for balancing and alignment, it is hectic out there. You will have to wait it out.

I would suggest you to go down to the Langford town. They have a new machine for tyre change which does not damage the rims and also carries out the job in a jiffy.

They don't have the paddock stand. You can get it in the Yamaha dealership itself. Costs around 2k or try the GA Engineering facebook page. Many people have good experience including me from here.

Or if you can have some free time and ready to get some grease under your palm, try with this. Check the dimensions on your bike and fabricate one yourself from a local source. Reference drawing here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...hread-354.html
Thanks Buddy. Let me go to the Langford town tomorrow.
Old 4th June 2016, 13:07   #49
BHPian

Was here yesterday for the routine balancing and alignment. It was a mad rush with poor management by the guy in charge of allotting the cars in order. At least two cars which arrived after me were taken up for works before mine, I have always had a good experience here prior to yesterday but this time I'm disappointed.
Old 13th July 2016, 19:08   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil - thanks to your guys today morning.

Had a puncture on the Storme, but I was in a hurry. Dropped in at about 10 am, and asked told the boys about this - and that I was in a hurry. I even asked them to just fill air for the time being so that I can come back later.

They asked me to slowly move forward so that they can check the tyre for any nails. And sure enough, one was there. They removed it and fixed it without getting the tyre off the vehicle.

Though one can say it was possible because of lack of vehicles, but they understood my urgency and helped out !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 16:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

Bad incident for me after getting puncture fixed. As i had mentioned in my update of my car in a separate thread here, I had got the punctures fixed before my trip to Tirupati. Was little apprehensive of the way the person had fixed as he had created a bigger hole but he told me that they have to do it as the substance has to stick to the inner wall properly. Did not notice any difference soon after this but started to notice that the air in fixed tire was gradually decreasing. In a week's time there used to be a drop of 4-5 psi. But I did not think too much into it as the usage of the car was also reduced. But when I took the car out on Thursday after 2 weeks, the air pressure had reduced to 20 psi. Got it fixed to 32 on all four tires. But by evening when I had to return to home found that the pressure had again decreased. Drove home slowly as it was very late and I didn't have any other choice.

Next day went at 9 to get it checked. They removed the tire and found that air was leaking from the same place where the earlier puncture was fixed. They asked me that the previous person had not fixed it properly and asked me where did I get it done. When I mentioned that it was done here itself, they changed the stance and said puncture fixes don't come with guarantee. They fixed it again but mentioned that if it happens again I would have to put a tube inside. Felt that the tire was damaged for no fault of mine. Though I would not stop from going to the same place for top up or tire change or even recommending the shop to others I sure do feel a bit let down after this experience.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 23rd November 2016 at 16:04.
Old 7th January 2017, 21:13   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Had taken my 5k run Celerio for WA and WB(just for my satisifaction) to Tyre professionals. As usual they were prompt and courteous in getting things done though the load was pretty high. However, I could find some observations which I want to bring it up here, since I feel it affects the credibility of the organisation in the long run. How? Let me explain:
  • Taxi guy comes with a cut sidewall fixed by the puncture strip. The driver asks one of the guys if its safe to carry on like this and the boy there nods and tells yes. And when he asks if this can run for at least 20k kms more, the answer is again yes. Though it is not the supervisors making such a claim, in case this taxi suffers a blowout in the future, the driver will still blame the shop for misleading him. Personally, I would not give such a suggestion and would leave the responsiblity to the owner.
  • Usually I drive my car into the ramp and take it out. Today as I had gone to pay the bill, this friendly chap had removed my vehicle and when I got into it, I saw the Transmission light blinking and beeping, which meant that the clutch had overheated. I could make it out that the chap hadnt tried an AMT before and he has somehow not taken the car out properly. Consider this, in all the 5k kms of driving, that too in dense traffic everyday, I had never had this happen, not even 25kms and 2hrs of continuous driving. Then checked with him and he told me that he took the car out in one go which I think wasnt the case. And these guys are quite known to me, so I just passed this issue off and he looked a bit tensed too. Since I knew what the problem was, I just drove back home and the clutch cooled down after a few mins of light driving. But if it were a person who was not aware of what the warning was, they could have started making noise on how the technicians have done something to the car. Hence, my suggestion is that, if they are not well versed with something, its better they not try it. My case was a simple thing, but there could be bigger mistakes and more damage.
Not a complaint though, just a suggestion. For me, these are issues I can easily make my way out of. But in case there is a layman who is new to cars, these things could be trouble areas.

And last suggestion, can the workers please get safety gloves?
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 09:38   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The shop owner (Nikhil) shares the following reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Had taken my 5k run Celerio for WA and WB(just for my satisifaction) to Tyre professionals. As usual they were prompt and courteous in getting things done though the load was pretty high. However, I could find some observations which I want to bring it up here, since I feel it affects the credibility of the organisation in the long run. How? Let me explain:
  • Taxi guy comes with a cut sidewall fixed by the puncture strip. The driver asks one of the guys if its safe to carry on like this and the boy there nods and tells yes. And when he asks if this can run for at least 20k kms more, the answer is again yes. Though it is not the supervisors making such a claim, in case this taxi suffers a blowout in the future, the driver will still blame the shop for misleading him. Personally, I would not give such a suggestion and would leave the responsiblity to the owner.
This is not as big a deal as we make it out to be. As we discussed on Facebook, the puncture was near the tread, at the corner. Yes, it's not ideal, but it's no big deal. There is no chance of tyre bursting or exploding. Worst case, the patch wont hold due to the flexion of the sidewall and the air will start leaking slowly causing a slow deflation.

I myself had a similar situation when I had a puncture in Chennai at a similar location. I used a patch and drove back to Bangalore and the patch held for a total of 1000 kms. Then I noticed the tyre slowly losing air. At that time I changed the tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Usually I drive my car into the ramp and take it out. Today as I had gone to pay the bill, this friendly chap had removed my vehicle and when I got into it, I saw the Transmission light blinking and beeping, which meant that the clutch had overheated. I could make it out that the chap hadnt tried an AMT before and he has somehow not taken the car out properly. Consider this, in all the 5k kms of driving, that too in dense traffic everyday, I had never had this happen, not even 25kms and 2hrs of continuous driving. Then checked with him and he told me that he took the car out in one go which I think wasnt the case. And these guys are quite known to me, so I just passed this issue off and he looked a bit tensed too. Since I knew what the problem was, I just drove back home and the clutch cooled down after a few mins of light driving. But if it were a person who was not aware of what the warning was, they could have started making noise on how the technicians have done something to the car. Hence, my suggestion is that, if they are not well versed with something, its better they not try it. My case was a simple thing, but there could be bigger mistakes and more damage. Not a complaint though, just a suggestion. For me, these are issues I can easily make my way out of. But in case there is a layman who is new to cars, these things could be trouble areas.
Regarding this, there is no excuse. We messed up. Sincere apologies and I thank you for not holding it against us. We should be more careful in the future and I assure you, we will be.

Quote:
And last suggestion, can the workers please get safety gloves?
We've lost count of the number of times we've given it to them and they refuse to use it.

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-img_8265.jpg.jpeg

We have a beautiful pair of gloves we buy from Hunter and our boys just refuse to use it. They find it cumbersome and slow. Doing some fine jobs like inserting valve pins into the tubeless neck, etc is not possible or difficult with these gloves.

So, our boys are used to just handling tyres and rims with their bare hands! It is a softy like me who needs it!

We face the same issues when it comes to shoes! They are so much more comfortable with their chappals!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 17:07   #54
BHPian

So after 37250 kms on my stock Alnacs (Polo TSI) decided it was time to replace my tires. I had not faced any problem with their performance and at no point in time felt they were struggling to perform their duties.
Decided to switch to MRF ZSPORT 205/55/R15 , I know many of you will scoff at that choice, 205 being an overkill for the GT . Changed the tires while in Salem. As soon as the tires were swapped it made the wheels look really cool. While driving from the shop to my house the only change in feel was at low speeds I felt the steering wheel had lightened up (I think it might have to do with the tread pattern).
The next day was traveling back to Bangalore and was all excited to experience any change in grip/performance. On the highway the tires performed damn well till 80kmph post that there was a horrible vibration that crept through the pedals, wheels and then the entire car! I thought speeding up would make it go away but it only got worse . My heart literally sank and limped to Bangalore and reached home with a splitting headache (because of all the vibrations).
Nikhilb2008 to the rescue , as soon as I reached Bangalore gave him a call and fixed an appointment for that weekend. Reached his office on the 18th for March at 9 am. My main concern was that this had to be sorted before the Team-BHP Thekkady drive on the 24th. That morning spent at Nikhil's was truly educational . He explained each and every feature of the hi-tech machinery he was using and gave me a good schooling on wheel balancing , road force and wheel alignment. I would recommend him anytime, very professional set up and when the owner is a subject matter expert it only helps even more.
Due to my office schedule could not find a slot to test my car at highway speeds so said a prayer and decided to wait it out and test on the Thekkady trip. 24th Morning moment of truth, start from Bangalore was at 4am and first stop at Salem, decided to leave the convoy behind and took off because I really wanted to check how the car behaves. Boy oh Boy, what joy! The car had truly transformed. Off the 37K kilometers done it would be safe to say 35K of this covered this Bangalore - Salem stretch, so you could say I know this road really well. It was like I found another lane on that road altogether. Body roll drastically reduced, steering felt really weighted up as the speed increased, absolutely no vibrations (phew), I could place the car anywhere on the road with precision (Im guessing because of the stiffer sidewall and larger contact area).
The only negatives I can come up with after 1.5K with the new tires (30/32 PSI) are :
-I can no longer cruise at triple digit speeds with one hand (well I can if I want too but the steering weighs up and I feel confident only with two hands on the wheel..which I guess is a good thing).
- Music no longer sounds loud at vol setting of 12, have to bump it up a notch, guessing that means there is more tire noise
- Twice under normal braking the tires screeched (guessing this is because they haven't been broken in yet)

In conclusion , there are two things I would recommend (MRF ZSPORTs and Madhus/Tyre Professionals)
deepfreak15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 18:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

It's finally time for new tyres!

Got a set of Michelin Primacy 3 ST 195/60-15 tyres for my Cedia today. Not much to say, exemplary service from Tyre Professionals as usual!

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-08.jpg

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-07.jpg

Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-09.jpg

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 21st October 2017 at 18:42.
SunnyBoi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 12:03   #56
BHPian

After a super long wait time of 3 years since I was pondering about a tire upgrade on my City, I have decided to take the plunge and get a set of 195/60/15R. I have narrowed down to visit this place on Langford Road tomorrow (2nd March 2018). I called the number, it just beeps. Do I need to make an appointment? If so, is there an alternate number? The one I dialed with no luck was 080-22239950. Let me know.

Cheers!
-Rohan
rjalihal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 12:23   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
After a super long wait time of 3 years since I was pondering about a tire upgrade on my City, I have decided to take the plunge and get a set of 195/60/15R. I have narrowed down to visit this place on Langford Road tomorrow (2nd March 2018). I called the number, it just beeps. Do I need to make an appointment? If so, is there an alternate number? The one I dialed with no luck was 080-22239950. Let me know.

Cheers!
-Rohan
Think you're dialling the wrong number.

This is the tyre professionals number.

080-41692117 and +91 73497 65318

I was there last weekend for wheel balancing. They're also open on Sundays
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 14:05   #58
BHPian

Got delayed again! Just got off the phone and booked an appointment for 3pm tomorrow. If any BHPians are there, look for a City sedan number ending 8632. Would be good to meet!

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 25th August 2018, 22:06   #59
BHPian

So after 3 years and then 3 more months, I finally went here to upgrade my tires. This is my experience with Tyre Professionals. I wanted to be detailed as I promised the staff I will be writing a review for them :-

1. Booking appointment - I called the cell number on 26th June and got a slot booked for 27th June at 3pm. The gentleman I spoke to was very friendly and assured me I would be attended to at the said time. Took down my details including car rego and it was done. Highly efficient and encouraged me to come down to discuss with his technicians about my requirement. Full marks.

2. Finding the place - This was easy as it is on the main road and Google Maps directs you bang on. It was 45 minutes for me (coming from RMV extension).

3. The shop – The one I went to is located in Basvangudi, midway between Sajjan Rao Circle and South End Circle. There is ample parking space and the main road was not too busy. They are preferred resellers of Continental. It is airconditioned and seating space is ample. But who wants to sit when they have awesome equipment and good chit chatty technicians! The workshop below is where the action is, and this is where you want to be.

4. Service - This is where I will give them more than 100%. Excellent knowledge about tires and customer service is over and beyond. I was met by Mr Manju and Satish who gave a smile when I said I read about this place on Team BHP. I wanted to upgrade my stock tires on my City to what has been suggested on this forum - 195/60/R15. I did not want to compromise on comfort, I wanted minimal noise and maximum ruggedness. They suggested Continental. For a moment I thought is this because they are preferred re-sellers, but then it hit me most European cars come with these, so they must be awesome. Conti MC 5 was the recommendation. They also recommended 'RogeRab' which increases GC significantly. First time I heard of it so I said I will google it and let them know.

5. The work, tyre removal – It started with driving the City to the ramp, up she went and off came her old and weary legs. I had 2 Michelins in the front, 1 Goodyear and my spare Yokohama in the back. I know, my car was a running advert for tires. Reason being, I suffered 2 back to back punctures and while the car was idle in my apartment (non use for 6 months) and the nearest guy was a Goodyear/Yokohama bloke. So limited options. It was about time to fix this but something always came up (hence the 3 year overdue). I decided to hold onto my Yoko spare wheel. As they were removing the tires I started reading up on that RogeRab thingee. Turns out, it is pretty good. And Satish suggested I go for it, give it a try for 10 days and see how it is. If it does not suit, come back, return it and get a full refund. Nothing to lose right? So I got it. I think they have a storage area nearby as the tires had to come from there. It took about 30 minutes for them to arrive but I am glad it took long as I had a chance to chat with Satish who is so very informative and knowledgeable. Apparently, a lot of City owners upgrade as what I was doing. He gave me the benefits of doing this, spoke about the differences between alignment and balancing, tires in general. Man, there is a lot more to tyres than them just spinning round to make the car move! As we waited for the new legs to arrive, he went ahead and fixed those RogeRabs as well. It gets fixed in the middle of the suspension and it increases GC, improves suspension life, improves tyre life, and better stability at faster speeds. There were a few more, which I forgot.

6. The work, new legs – The Contis arrived. I was pretty enthused about this. Satish verified that all were ‘1718’ series – 17th week of 2018 manufacture. So pretty new, no complains. He also explained what that 88V means. Apparently, there are H and P and a few others as well. Speed rating – interesting, as this was something new I learnt. Now comes the real super interesting part. In any tyre shop that I have been to so far, you buy a new tyre, they fit that on the alloy, fill air and slap it back on to your car. Well, not here. They check for the resistance by simulating the tyre roll under pressure. This is where the super awesome ‘Hunter’ machine comes into play. The result has to be below 90. Basically matching certain portions of the tyre with the alloy. In not doing this, apparently causes a little bit of sway at high speeds which goes unnoticed most of the time. The first two tires scored 75 – which is a pass. The 3rd tyre was at 165 – a fail. After realigning the tyre to match the alloy, the reading was 125. Tweaking it again made it 120. Satish said this is a bad tyre and got that replaced! I mean, I was over the moon. Never in my life have I ever checked for this minute thing and here is Satish, who is a perfectionist. The 3rd tyre, a replacement scored 75 in one go. Peaceful. The 4th tyre was 105, but realigning the tyre to alloy portion, it was 80. Life was good. You think this is over – not yet. The Hunter machine is so clever, that based on the 4 individual ratings it suggests where exactly each of the tyre must go! So after getting a positive reading for each tyre, Satish marked them 1,2,3,4. So Hunter said 1 should go to Front Right, 4 should be Rear Left and so on. So they fit the tires accordingly. I mean, I was amazed to see this and appreciate Satish calling one of my 4 new tires as bad and not dressing it on my car! That Hunter machine is really impressive. Overall, this was a time consuming process as Satish being a perfectionist wanted to get it the way he believes in. He believes in getting the job done right. And he keeps informing you what he is doing at every stage. I was happy this took time as I got to interact with a brilliant technician. With the new tires fitted, the car looked pretty good, especially from the rear. It felt ‘complete’. After this, they do a customary alignment/balancing which is laser guided. But I was not there for this as I had to settle the bill.

7. Pricing – When it comes to cost, I do not compromise. I like good food and beverages, a nice vacation in an exotic resort, am a sucker for fine colognes, and am prepared to pay for them. Same goes when it comes to the car. I get my car serviced once every 12 months – irrespective of usage (I actually have a reminder on my Google Calendar which notifies me of this!). So when I got a personal technician explaining things he was doing at every stage, explaining the benefits, etc, I had decided not to bargain. The Conti MC 5 cost me INR 5,900 each (I got 4). The RogeRab cost me INR 7,500. Over this I got a 20% discount on alignment/balancing. The total cost was INR 32,412. Given the level of personalized service I got, no complains. The competition may be cheaper, but I will still choose them and have decided to get my tires rotated and balanced from them only going forward. Basically, no negotiating when the service was way beyond excellent and genuine.

Pictures! Sorry, I am a terrible clicker:-

1 – Satish working on my car.
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-001.jpg
2 – Bye bye tyres!
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-002.jpg
3 – RogeRab fixed in back suspension.
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-003.jpg
4 – New tires for the City.
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-004.jpg
5 – Hunter at work.
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-005.jpg
6 – Just a pic of my car with new tires. Ain’t the City a handsome car!
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-006.jpg
7 – Kitten in the workshop wanted to play!
Tyre Professionals (Bangalore)-007.jpg

So to wrap up, overall an amazing experience and I think I have earned the right to vote in this poll. I know what I am giving! The owner, Nikhil – you have an excellent team working there. Please do tell Satish that I personally thank him for his valuable inputs. I will be visiting your shop (this one) every 6 months going forward to make sure my tires are okay as I think I can’t trust anyone else going forward. All the technicians there know their stuff and will converse with you. There was not a single moment I felt I was venturing into the unknown and the assurance they gave was genuine. My tires came with a 1000 km outright warranty and if something happens within that frame, they will take the onus. That spells confidence. I recently made a 900 kms road trip to Hassan – Coorg – back to Bangalore and both, the new tires and RogeRab have been exemplary. I plan to write a travelogue on this trip as it will be my first!

For fellow members/browsers – The next time you have a tyre job, do visit this place, you will love it. And remember, the workshop is where the action is; don’t linger in the lounge on top. You will learn a lot – trust me, I did.

Cheers!,
- Rohan
rjalihal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 15:17   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad that Tyre Professionals was open today.

Thought it was a puncture, but it turned out to be an old puncture near the shoulder which had given up. Replaced two Yoko Geolandar A/T G015's with G015's again. The running set has done 54k, and was good to go another 15k - but this puncture changed the situation. The spare was a 10 year old Michelin Latitude Cross, and so junked it along with the damaged Yoko. Moved the 3rd Yoko from the running set to spare duty.

Good to see the Yoko G015's coming with a 5 year unconditional warranty like other brands.

The other thread on Madhu's sees more posts. However Tyre Professionals in Basavanagudi is the one I prefer of the two. Nice location, quieter of the two places. And some chairs outside the office which looks out to the tree-lined roads.

Nikhil, thanks to Manju & the boys. All good, as usual.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks