Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 23:54   #271
Senior - BHPian

BikesZone - Cycling :: Index - A nice India-based forum dedicated to cycles.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:31   #272
Senior - BHPian

Just happen to see the new e-bike from Atlas. I couldn't take picture since I was in my 2 wheeler. So, a simple google yielded me this Atlas E-bike from Atlas, upto 40 Km / charge range, 36V Electric Bicycle Available In India - EVFuture
Old 20th August 2008, 09:35   #273
BHPian

Finally, after some training, I got my RoadPro to work. Started at 7:20 am and reached my workplace (20kms from home) at around 8:15 am. Considering the state of Pune roads, I thought it was pretty decent time.

I feel a bit tired and sleepy for now . Gearing up for evening to ride back home.
Old 20th August 2008, 09:51   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Finally, after some training, I got my RoadPro to work. Started at 7:20 am and reached my workplace (20kms from home) at around 8:15 am. Considering the state of Pune roads, I thought it was pretty decent time.

I feel a bit tired and sleepy for now . Gearing up for evening to ride back home.
Ok - time to show off newfound gyaan - if fatigue is what you're experiencing (of course, a little is natural, initially) - go through these.

Instinctively, we try and push hard - and I did that for the first couple of weeks too. Just discovered that just because I can push up a slope in the highest gears - I don't have to - and its more important to maintain decent cadence. I'm no athlete - and that makes this even more important.

Keep it up - the timing's good - and 20km in city traffic takes an hour in any mode of transport, usually
Old 20th August 2008, 11:01   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post

Hey nice job. I hope you have showers in your office else you may feel
smelly the whole day. I dont have that luxury as I work at client site else i
too would have taken the cycling route to office. My client site too is
approx 20 kms away and at 40 kms a day i would have been able to shed
lots of weight and that too pretty fast.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:19   #276
BHPian

@zenx, thanks for the useful read. I did not try to push hard as it was my first day. All the way I used the right gears for the kind of roads I encountered (slopes, descends, flat, etc.) Moreso, I did not frequently changed gears because the cadence is affected. It is imperative to keep a healthy 60-80 rpm pedaling speed, IMO. Fatigue is natural during early days, as you rightly mentioned. The timings can improve once the rainy season is over and the roads are in slightly better shape.

@motorheadinc, I have showers in the office which is a boon because I was sweating (not so profusely) by the time I reached work.
Old 25th August 2008, 12:12   #277
BHPian

A growing trend...

hey friends,

I had been away from this forum for some time due to other priorities.. but I see that there are many upcoming riders growing in numbers slow but steadily...

Bangalore has been at the fore of this venture and kudos to all their efforts..

As part of mumbai cyclists that are growing in numbers I have been riding again for some time now.. I am no pro-rider either but I can confidently say that i have covered the north(Borivali National Park) and south of mumbai(Gateway of India) and now also the eastern region(navi mumbai).
Its a growing and enthusiastic trend thats catching up among young n old, men and women alike.. and I feel very happy to be part of this...
I started initially with the hope of getting in shape and as a wish to relive my school riding days.
But now its a surging inspirational and rejuvenating experience every weekend for me taking out my bike for a ride and getting back home and spending little time cleaning off the muck n grime after the ride.

One of the cyclists I got to meet opened up a website Indian Cyclists Network and a lot of people are a part of it.. its a great and inspiring place to catch up with like minded cycling enthusiasts as well as guidance and interaction with experienced riders all over India..
Do check it out,maybe you will find a group in your part of town and join them.
Why am I advertising this website? Well because as an initial rider,I myself found it difficult and discouraging with the indian road users attitude towards cyclists and also riding alone can sometimes become boring. So here is some encouragement to an already growing trend...

Happy riding,
Cheers
Old 24th September 2008, 02:00   #278
BHPian

MTB trail

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good MTB trail in/around Banglore..Distance of about 25-50kms from Banglore would be ideal as would haul my MTB on my Gypsy for a quick weekend getaway of Some Extreme MTBiking..
Old 5th October 2008, 18:42   #279
NIP
Senior - BHPian

I finally got myself a bike , a Hercules ACT 104, and I use it for morning rides for fitness. Its a 'full suspension' bike with shocks in the front and back. It's got an 18 speed Shimano gear system. I do around 10-15kms and it feels amazing ! Did not want to go for an expensive bike. Thought I would ride this for a while and see how things go. Frankly, the bike is awesome and totally worth the price. It costs around 8k in blr. Some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-p1030748hi.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-p1030740.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-p1030741.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-p1030749.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-p1030750.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-p1030751.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-p1030753.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-p1030755.jpg  

Last edited by NIP : 5th October 2008 at 18:43.
Old 5th October 2008, 21:13   #280
BHPian

Congrats NIP. I bought a very simple Hercules and I have been using it pretty regularly. After seeing yours one for 8K, I'm getting tempted to buy that one. Yes. I will plan to buy it in the next few months. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 12th October 2008, 00:21   #281
BHPian

this is my new ride - it's about 3 weeks old and rides like charm
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-dscf3141.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-dscf3143.jpg  

Old 1st November 2008, 16:52   #282
BHPian

Bicycles

I searched for bicycles and cycles, nothing came up, so started this thread.

I want to buy my son a bicycle for his birthday next month. He will be 7 yrs old.
Looking for a very strong rough and tough bike.
He throws his current kiddies bike everywhere. The chain keeps coming off.
I am leaning towards a BMX bike, as they are designed to be abused (at least the proper ones are).
Not so keen on mountain bikes with 15-50 gears (just adds one more thing that will go wrong and he won't have the faintest idea how to use them).
Don't know anything about bikes available in Indian market. Please guide/advise. Budget should be reasonable (he is only 7 yrs old).
Old 1st November 2008, 16:53   #283
Senior - BHPian

Firefox BMX starts from 5K have a look at them.
Old 1st November 2008, 16:58   #284
BHPian

Thanks akshay, just checked out their website, looks ok.
What other brands do bmx bikes?
Old 1st November 2008, 17:01   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Thanks akshay, just checked out their website, looks ok.
What other brands do bmx bikes?
Dont have any info but you can check some indian manufacturers as well for VFM products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks