Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 18:25   #361
BHPian

Bicycle Enthusiasts - I require your help on my purchase dilemma

Need - To ride to office 3 kms away. Occasional use by wife.
Mostly city road ride - dont expect to go offroading

Looking at the following models
Firefox (Fusion & Tempest)
Hercules ACT105

I am sure that you would have considered the above options as well and the decision tilted in a favour.
What were the major criteria for those decisions ?
Old 10th August 2009, 22:52   #362
BHPian

Firefox quality is poor as per the members of Bangalore biking community,go for Trek,Cannondale & Merida
Hero & Hercules are value for money
Old 10th August 2009, 22:54   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Bicycle Enthusiasts - I require your help on my purchase dilemma

Mostly city road ride - dont expect to go offroading

Looking at the following models
Firefox (Fusion & Tempest)
Hercules ACT105

I am sure that you would have considered the above options as well and the decision tilted in a favour.
What were the major criteria for those decisions ?
ACT 105 is any day better,if your budget is 10K get the Btwin Rockrider
Old 11th August 2009, 03:09   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
please shed some more light on this comment. I've just bought a Firefox - so would like to know more about this statement of yours and what prompts it.
Hi SB, I think amar meant to say Firefox bikes aren't quite sturdy as they claim. Also, their after-sales service isn't up to par. But at your price point (10K) I feel it's a decent bike to own. You'd need to shell out twice as much for an entry-level Trek or Merida, but then these latter bikes are also definitely better-built.
Old 15th August 2009, 09:17   #365
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I was quite positively surprised by the range/prices offered at the Decathalon store on a recent visit - and they have an Independence Day sale on. The Merida guy also has a 10% off on all MTBs right now.

I'm curious about the Ryders - they seem pretty VFM, and should be decent for the occasional, short rides.

Qn: how many of you have pre-registered for the Tour of Nilgiris this year ? There's a bunch of us following our training on dailymile.
Old 17th August 2009, 00:49   #366
BHPian

Man i can forget the bike i had first started off with a bmx ( Imp ) rode it for a while the saw the movie RAD bmx movie , made my dads life hell to get me a Skyline Bmx bought that too and Really got good at freestyling so hence colected money and got a mongoose BMX with a rotor and all , and all this happned when i was a teen .There used to be competions in pune , then my last BMX was the red line .............
My sons 5 and now he has a Firefox with a rotor man some time feel like living my Bmx times once again BUT J"s got it under lock and key as his mom told him how I was

Last edited by Team Fiat : 17th August 2009 at 00:52.
Old 17th August 2009, 00:54   #367
BHPian

Hey have u guys noticed most Tbhpians started off with BMX"es
Old 17th August 2009, 10:45   #368
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thanks. so far so good.
well on this just gone by saturday I went and got some extra reflectors fitted on the wheels as there are too many trucks buzzing around some main roads in my locality in the early mornings these days.
also got a pair of soft rubber grips, a nice stylish hand operated air rifle pump, a set of fibreglass mudguards etc.
so far it is a first class bicycle - i enjoy riding it around in pretty much all weathers in bangalore - it certainly is good exercise and I think and hope that in 3 months time I will see myself to be a fitter, leaner person! I must take some pictures tomorrow and put them up on TBHP. I love the looks of the Firefox bike. So far the service chaps at Classic Automotives who are their dealers, have been very helpful indeed.
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Hi SB, I think amar meant to say Firefox bikes aren't quite sturdy as they claim. Also, their after-sales service isn't up to par. But at your price point (10K) I feel it's a decent bike to own. You'd need to shell out twice as much for an entry-level Trek or Merida, but then these latter bikes are also definitely better-built.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th August 2009 at 10:47.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:20   #369
BHPian

I picked up Btwin Rockrider 5.2 over the weekend. Great bike, am enjoying the ride.

I intend to do bit of off-roading and use it for my birding trips frequently.
Old 20th August 2009, 00:47   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
ACT 105 sounds good. But a common bike for the two of you isn't such a good idea, unless you're of similar height. If the height difference is greater than 6 inches, certainly consider separate bikes.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:30   #371
BHPian

Guys, Pls count me in if any of you want to go for a weekend rides in & around Blore, I live in Jyngr (South Blore) & quite recently bought a new bike (Cannondale)
Old 25th August 2009, 12:03   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Guys, Pls count me in if any of you want to go for a weekend rides in & around Blore, I live in Jyngr (South Blore) & quite recently bought a new bike (Cannondale)
Announcements of the same happen here very often. Lots of riding happens around town over weekends - and now there's the Bangalore Biking Championships too - with teams, points and the works.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:14   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Announcements of the same happen here very often. Lots of riding happens around town over weekends - and now there's the Bangalore Biking Championships too - with teams, points and the works.
The above link was not valid, kindly repost that, hope to join somewhere & start riding

Last edited by crn12 : 25th August 2009 at 13:17.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:20   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
The above link was not valid, kindly repost that, hope to join somewhere & start riding
Hmmm, opens for me!
Anyhow - on groups.google.co.in, look for bangalore-bikers. Its group id is Bangalore-bikers@googlegroups.com
Old 25th August 2009, 13:44   #375
BHPian

The bicycles I had

First was a Raleigh - the heaviest of all of them
Next was an Atlas regular cycle.
While at college wanted an Atlas Concorde Pro 10 but ended up having a BSA Mach 1.
(All these were financed by my dad)
Later on while working bought my first cycle on my own - a Hercules MTB - that was the last of them. Like many others stopped bicycling after getting my first car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks