Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 08:18   #451
Senior - BHPian

I saw a couple models in a shop around Madiwala (BLR) from BSA. They were at around 7-7.5K. I guess other brands may have bit higher price tag.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:32   #452
BHPian

7 to 7.5 K? Wow! Are you sure these are foldable? Can you please share the location of the shop?
Old 28th March 2010, 20:39   #453
Senior - BHPian

Decathlon has bikes starting from 8.5k. The wheels can be removed without any tools. So that kinda makes them foldable
Old 28th March 2010, 20:59   #454
Senior - BHPian

The shop is opposite to Total entry, you may have to walk a few mtrs towards madiwala bus stop - its a big shop and you cant miss.
You may be lucky if you find those two models still there, I guess they were ordered long back but not sold. I saw them close to one year back, BSA may have stopped mfg them.
Old 6th April 2010, 09:50   #455
Senior - BHPian

After long dilemma went ahead with my decision of buying a Mountain Bike. Got it from Decathlon last month. Now this is my daily commute to office.

The Bicycles thread-img_1218.jpg
Old 6th April 2010, 09:55   #456
Senior - BHPian

Looks cool, but now days I find the manufacturers ignoring the fenners/mud guard & I hate it. After a small rain, you find half the slush on the back. BTW, how many gears & is this Decathlon an Indian origin or from abroad?
Old 6th April 2010, 10:02   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Looks cool, but now days I find the manufacturers ignoring the fenners/mud guard & I hate it. After a small rain, you find half the slush on the back. BTW, how many gears & is this Decathlon an Indian origin or from abroad?
The main reason to skip all these are weight. This helps to keep the weight of the vehicle lesser. Infact, they don't have even a stand. And the more you pay, the less you get. The cycles above like 1Lac comes with no pedal. You need to buy it separately

This one was an imported one. cost - 16K.

Has 3 gears in front and 8 in back.

Decathlon is an European company. And I find it very good. The sales person I had was a medal holder and have cycled all over india. He has driven from Kashmir to Kannayakumari on Cycle.

Why I highlight this is, they really have good sales man and sports man in their shops which helps a lot. And they do talk about the science behind it rather than just metals & pedals.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:11   #458
Senior - BHPian

Thats a fantastic piece of information & they need a medal holder to sell their products; what I mean here is, unless a person who has lived & breathed on a bicycle he will not be able to understand things better & justify why a bicycle costs more than used two wheeler

But I'm very sure, they CAN use carbon fibre or even simple low weight plastics for mud guard; Though I love to ride in a cool breeze after rains, I hate to ride because of the mud, the tire, throws on my back.

Hoping you're in Bangalore, how do you manage to park the bicycle in the two wheeler slot? I mean without people meddling? Pls ignore this question if you're not in India.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:48   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I'm very sure, they CAN use carbon fibre or even simple low weight plastics for mud guard; Though I love to ride in a cool breeze after rains, I hate to ride because of the mud, the tire, throws on my back.
Yes, there are aftermarket available.

Quote:
Hoping you're in Bangalore, how do you manage to park the bicycle in the two wheeler slot? I mean without people meddling? Pls ignore this question if you're not in India.
I am in Bangalore and most office, if not all, here have a dedicated bicycle stand. Our office have one where you can safely lock and park around 6-7 bikes.

Yes, people playing with it is always a problem which has no solution other than taking it to my cube in office
Old 6th April 2010, 15:13   #460
BHPian

My Zero Bhp ride BSA Mach. Picked it up last week. Have been doing 20 kms a day.

Some pics
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-bsa-mach-001.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-bsamachwithoutaero003.jpg  

Old 13th April 2010, 09:34   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
After long dilemma went ahead with my decision of buying a Mountain Bike. Got it from Decathlon last month. Now this is my daily commute to office.

Attachment 323191

I must say that a very neat bike.

How much does this beauty cost?

Did you also consider Hero (Adidas) Genius?

Sorry i got it now. its 16k. the Hero Genius comes for around 17k. It has a neat rear suspension and both wheel discs.

Could you also let me know the address of the shop from where you got it in bangalore?

Last edited by pb10gagan : 13th April 2010 at 09:37.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:39   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
I must say that a very neat bike.

How much does this beauty cost?

Did you also consider Hero (Adidas) Genius?

Sorry i got it now. its 16k. the Hero Genius comes for around 17k. It has a neat rear suspension and both wheel discs.

Could you also let me know the address of the shop from where you got it in bangalore?
I got it from Decathlon Sarjapur road.

My friend got a hero for 8L with Disc brakes and rear suspensions. Not sure of model. But rear suspensions will absorb energy in every pot holes and makes you tired Ofcourse same for front too.

So, I felt one suspension in front is more than enough.
Old 16th April 2010, 04:08   #463

The Fat Bawaji needs a Bicycle. My trusty racer just cant take my weight anymore, So I cant put it through any more torture. Lil bawaji will ride that. I used to cycle at an avg of 17-20 kms a day at one point of time, but all that has reduced drastically after internal combustion came into my life. Will visit the firefox store in bandra tomm and keep you guys posted. Goodnight for now
Old 16th April 2010, 05:42   #464
Senior - BHPian

What's your budget? Why not look at a Trek instead?
Old 16th April 2010, 07:59   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The Fat Bawaji needs a Bicycle. My trusty racer just cant take my weight anymore, So I cant put it through any more torture. Lil bawaji will ride that. I used to cycle at an avg of 17-20 kms a day at one point of time, but all that has reduced drastically after internal combustion came into my life. Will visit the firefox store in bandra tomm and keep you guys posted. Goodnight for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
What's your budget? Why not look at a Trek instead?
Trekk is known as firefox in india (or maybe its the eastern economy edition of Trekk).

i suggest you also check out the Hero Genius also marketed as Adidas Genius.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 16th April 2010 at 08:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks