Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 06:17   #526
BHPian

WoW a cycle thread on TBHP!!!
(came across on googling)

shortlisted, ACT110 and Rockrider 5.1. will be finalising by Sep10th.

looking forward to cycling with fellow bhpians!(it feels weird even to say it LoL)
Old 26th August 2010, 16:48   #527
Senior - BHPian

Another major ride to Mysore (and for some, back) coming up this weekend. There's almost 60 participants already - anyone game ?

http://groups.google.co.in/group/ban...month-end-ride
Old 27th August 2010, 17:38   #528
BHPian

i rides a Hercules turbo drive fusion
Old 27th August 2010, 18:17   #529
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need your suggestion.

I see that there are too many good bikes and the wrong choice can be costly.

I am 6feet and weight about 95kgs.
I am thinking to seriously consider cycling to work. But before that i will use it around the house for short rides.

My work place is about 14kms one way - so that 28kms daily.

I want a model which has those mud guards like the Roadeo A-100: https://www.ticyclesindia.com/Produc...es.asp?pid=272

Price range: 10k.

Please suggest a couple of models and i will try them at probably Hypercity, Hyderabad.
Old 27th August 2010, 20:15   #530
BHPian

Cycles Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
Hi Guys,

I need your suggestion.

I am thinking to seriously consider cycling to work. But before that i will use it around the house for short rides.

I want a model which has those mud guards like the Roadeo A-100: https://www.ticyclesindia.com/Produc...es.asp?pid=272

Please suggest a couple of models and i will try them at probably Hypercity, Hyderabad.
Hercules ACT 110+ and BTWIN Rockrider are the best cycles in 10K range

Both are strong,sturdy and VFM bikes,take a test drive and decide for yourself

I have an Hercules ACT 105 with 7X3 gears for 1 yr now,no issues at all.

Allignments are done by local cycle repair guys,clean it with Amway car shampoo & polish.

Use sewing machine oil for all the moving parts and Shimano Gears

Enjoy riding it at busy locations in Bangalore,love the ride & park it anywhere feature for cycle
Old 28th August 2010, 23:37   #531
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of going bicycle-hunting tomorrow. I have the regular, old-fashioned tall bicycle in mind - the type you find in villages. Any suggestions whether this is good or bad?

Done with driving to work everyday. Maybe I'll drive like once a week, when I need to carry my laptop and other stuff. Thinking of bicycling down to the bus stand, leaving the bike at a commercial cycle stand and taking the bus.
Old 29th August 2010, 09:51   #532
BANNED

Got my second(geared) bike y'day - a foldman. After staying away from it due to odd looks and availability of ACT 10 and a bunch of other good bikes (schwinn, rockrider etc.,) in same price range, finally bit the bullet.
Old 15th September 2010, 21:54   #533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I need your suggestion.

I saw some discounts offered on cycles in the Hypercity Supermarket at In Orbit Mall.

One cycle caught my fancy so much, I managed to bug a colleague of mine to loan me his cycle for a month.

I will be cycling from home to office (13 kms) from sometime next week.

Since I was on this topic, I turned to my good friend google.
Found this very nice article: Gary’s Blog Blog Archive The right way to get back into cycling!

All the best, do keep us posted on.
Old 16th September 2010, 18:07   #534
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Guys,

That one is for keeps sake. I would not imagine riding it for more that 3-4 km without falling sick in a week.
Go for Hercules Ryder ACT 110 series. The have a bunch from ~9k to 11.5k.
You may want to check out BSA GO @ somajiguda or other branches. They stock Schwinn and other high end bikes too.
I have bought Mach 1 and a Foldman from them till date from this shop and am completely satisfied. They have met all the requirements I had in mind while buying.

Test ride the bikes before deciding what suits you. Krish @ thebikeaffair.com has been of good help to many bikers. He stocks the ACT series as well. Also the site lists other higher end hikes. If looks matter, checkout rockrider series on this site.
Do not go for unknown brands just because they look good / cost less. A test ride will spill the beans.

PM me if you need more details.

Vijay

Last edited by vjoy3 : 16th September 2010 at 18:09.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:11   #535
BHPian

I am planning to buy a cycle. Will not be using it to commute to the office as roads are not safe here. I will mostly ride it in the mornings as part of my exercise and during late evenings with my 3 yr old son.
I am not looking for a fancy bike. I don't need gears also. Just a simple bike as cost is a constrant. My budget is 3k.
Can you guys recommend something so that I can have a look at it over the weekend and buy it?
Old 16th September 2010, 20:26   #536
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I am planning to buy a cycle. Will not be using it to commute to the office as roads are not safe here. I will mostly ride it in the mornings as part of my exercise and during late evenings with my 3 yr old son.
I am not looking for a fancy bike. I don't need gears also. Just a simple bike as cost is a constrant. My budget is 3k.
Can you guys recommend something so that I can have a look at it over the weekend and buy it?
At this budget of 3-4k you will get the
a)The doodhwala kind of cycles if you are OK with the looks. These are the best.
b)bikes targeted for high school kids which may have fancy looks & colors but will be too heavy and not designed well
c)The best option would be Mach 1 at 3.8k with 6 gears and straight handle. Have this for past 7-8 months. The sleek tyres, strong frame and hybrid bike looks are good combo. https://www.ticyclesindia.com/produc...es.asp?pid=239

Vijay

Last edited by vjoy3 : 16th September 2010 at 20:27.
Old 16th September 2010, 21:41   #537
BHPian

Hey Abeer,

Try out for Maxit which is available in Hypercity Mall somewhere around 3k only. It has gears too and looks cool . I am tempted to buy that. Some one earlier asked for the review in this thread but there are no comments yet.

Just check and post your views as that will help me too.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 10th October 2010, 23:19   #538
BHPian

Bought it on 10-10-10

Model - Hero Ranger
Cycle Cost - 2900/-
Accessories - 250/- (Seat for Son, Footrest for Son, Lock)
Total - 3150/-

The small yellow cycle is my son's cycle. Had bought it for 2650/- from Rajesh Cycles in Sector 9, Noida.

Purchased from Anurag Cycles in Sector 9, Noida

Pictures attached
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-cycle-001-large.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-cycle-002-large.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-cycle-003-large.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-cycle-004-large.jpg  

The Bicycles thread-cycle-005-large.jpg  

Old 20th October 2010, 09:53   #539
Senior - BHPian

Want to come along for the TFN ? Contests The Tour of Nilgiris
(Tip) In case u're interested. Lotsa photographer entries already. Few blogger ones. Its a good-fun-trip.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:24   #540
Senior - BHPian

I got my first cycle when i was in 8th.It was a big Atlas cycle.I used it till 12th.

My second one was Hercules MTB with Shock absorbers on both sides, blue in color.I bought the Hercules MTB in first year Degree and used it for next 3 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks