Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 19:36   #616
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
At age 43+ I do feel comfortable!

The maximum I have done continuously is around 9 kms.
The max I have done on one day is 14 kms.

At most my bum pains a bit towards the end of the ride, otherwise it is fun.
(My body slowly got used to cycling in around a month).

I did a lot of reading on the net about bicycling, for example though my seat is very small and hard, it is still recommended and not to go in for large and soft ones.
HI Manim ,

I need your help with a hero cycle , I was initially considering the Octane and might eventually buy the octance , would like to know if its light weight and it the shock absorbers are a functional component or just a marketting gimmick ?

Also , the model that am considering is HERO GENIUS , the price I was quoted was a bit shocking , 18000 and for octane he quoted 9500 + . I just wanted to know if you could find out from the dealer where you bought the cycle , how much would the genius cost in your city .

Any guys from Pune who go on Cycling Rides on the weekends ?
Old 11th March 2011, 13:00   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
HI Manim ,

I need your help with a hero cycle , I was initially considering the Octane and might eventually buy the octance , would like to know if its light weight and it the shock absorbers are a functional component or just a marketting gimmick ?

Also , the model that am considering is HERO GENIUS , the price I was quoted was a bit shocking , 18000 and for octane he quoted 9500 + . I just wanted to know if you could find out from the dealer where you bought the cycle , how much would the genius cost in your city .

Any guys from Pune who go on Cycling Rides on the weekends ?
I am very satisfied with my Octane-Estes bought for Rs.6,600/- (Though the gear changes are not too smooth, I can live with it for this price).
It is light weight and the shocks work well.

In my town the highest priced cycle available was for Rs.11,000 (some BSA-Hercules model).

I see that the Genius is a new model with disc brakes at both front and back. If I find out the rates, I will post details here.

Last edited by manim : 11th March 2011 at 13:04. Reason: more info
Old 11th March 2011, 13:29   #618
BANNED

The Hero genius costs around 25k.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:36   #619

Guys, I wanted to sell my bicycle (Hercules Act 110 Plus). I have searched for the right location in the forum, but was not able to find the right place.

can anyone point me to the right place in the forum to post my ad!
Thanks,
Varun
Old 14th March 2011, 17:21   #620
BHPian

guys, what bike would you recommend to me ( so that I can keep those in mind when I visit dealerships).
I am 180cms tall, weigh around 80kgs. and would be riding in mumbai, but my area is very cycle friendly, planning to cycle for health, lose some weight, gain some strength.( so i suppose 15kms everyday,)
budget <10k
I was thinking of bsa hercules act 104, but wonder if it might be bit small for me.
Any others that u can point me to will be useful.
Old 23rd March 2011, 00:34   #621

Re: Introduction

Hi guys, im a Mountain Biker. ex motoX rider, rally racer and your above average adrenaline junkie..

I love to ride Mountain Bikes, and have been doing so almost all my life..

Started out the first movement to promote Mountain Biking and BMX in India in 1996, formed a group called Ride2026 in the year 2000.

Done numerous shows, demos, rides, events, races since then and counting..

I would be glad to answer any of your queries regarding Mountain Biking, BMX, Road Cycling or any other activity on motorless 2 wheels.

ride on !

Sami Makki
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-sami_makki_rallon1.gif  

Old 26th March 2011, 20:08   #622
BHPian

All,

I am planning to buy a bicycle. Most of the time I will use in Urban side and some time so trails

I found one which is Schwinn Mesa Sport. Could you please let me know how the bike is and how much it will cost in India

Thanks in advance
Old 29th March 2011, 10:04   #623
BHPian

Hi g_prajeesh

Schwinn Mesa Sport is as good as any other bike from schwinn stable. Awesome.
Pricing
ex- Mumbai : 19,900/-
elsewhere : 19,300/-

But since you want it for urban riding i would suggest you go for a schwinn searcher sport 2011. Its a Hybrid. So not-so-often trailing can be done too. Pricing : 17k something.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Bikram
Old 11th April 2011, 16:48   #624
BHPian

Dear Fellow Bikers!

Today I am thrilled, and proud to bring home a brand NEW BTwin Rockrider 5.1 in WHITE. One pic is attached, if you want to see more, I can post more pics!

My bike comes with 7x3 shimano gears, it has a reinforced aluminium frame and has a steel spring suspension fork @ front.

I plan to use it as a means to work out (read healthy), some local exploration to the nearby places where my car/motorbike cant take me, and also to refresh my old cycling skills and memories - I was an extensive biker during my school & college days as a means of daily commute at that time. My new bike is making me understand how much things have changed - bikes in general, their specification, availability and pricing, our lives - I was in school at that time when I bought it, now I am a parent and need regular work outs

On a sad part, I came to know that my 20 year old Hero Ranger (first series bught in 1991) was sold off 2 days back by my cousin without letting me know - apparently the Cycle was given to him just for daily commute to his office which is close by to where he lives. I really am missing my first bike (read hero ranger) and a long term companion. Anyways.

BTwin technical specs of my new bike:

Frame : Reinforced 6061 T4T6 aluminium frame. Exclusive FIVE geometry for versatility. More lightweight and comfortable owing to a large range of sizes (145 to 200cm). It has easy adjustments for improving rider comfort and bike handling. Three layers of paint provide lasting protection for the frame. The decorations are varnished.

Suspension/ Shock absorbers : Reliable and high-performance Rockrider steel spring suspension fork.

Drivetrain : 24 x 34 x 42 steel chainset. Shimano TZ30 front derailleur. Shimano rear derailleur. KMC Z51 chain. SRAM MRX 21 speed twist grips shifters to take you up the steepest hill climbs. Easy to ride for MTB newcomers. The steel chainset with its plastic protection is sturdy and reliable.

Braking : 2-finger aluminium levers. Helical spring V-brakes. A powerful and progressive braking system. Only one finger is required to stop whenever you want. Anti-corrosion treated nuts and bolts.

Handlebar/stem/headset : Position: HL 153 580mm steel handlebars. HL 215 steel stem.

Seat/seatpost : HL SP200 steel seatpost. Wide and comfortable PU MTB saddle. Comfortable riding position for enhanced bike control. Steel components ensure strength and durability.

Wheels : 36 hole aluminium rims to reduce weight. Quick-release front hub for easy removal of the wheel, which is handy when you come to put your bike in the car, store it at home, or for repairing.

Tyres : semi-slick 26 x 2.0 tyres: the best option for city and country riding.

Pedals : VP flat pedals with bearings.

It comes with:
Warranty :5 years on frame, 2 years on fork, shocks, parts (excluding wearing parts).

MODS Planned @ first service (within 3 months) - due to shortage of Vitamin - M :
Cycle mudguards for front&back, cycle speedometer, bike lock, and helmet with gloves.

Looking forward to enjoying and refreshing the memories..

Cheers,
narayanang76
Attached Thumbnails
The Bicycles thread-img_1254.jpg  

Old 11th April 2011, 18:13   #625
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

It seems we stay in the same apartment (The bathroom door and tiles are familiar )Do you stay in an apartment in Marathahalli?
Old 11th April 2011, 18:37   #626
BHPian

Thanks patiencewins.

No I dont stay at Marthalli, but at ECity.
Old 11th April 2011, 19:10   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2026.com View Post
I would be glad to answer any of your queries regarding Mountain Biking, BMX, Road Cycling or any other activity on motorless 2 wheels.
Great. I was trying to find the options available for a BMX my son. He is around 10yrs old. Can you let me know the options available in India? I stay in bangalore. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Cycle mudguards for front&back, cycle speedometer, bike lock, and helmet with gloves.
Congrats.

Keep the helmet top in the priority. rest all can wait, but not the helmet. Make it soon.

Happy cycling
Old 12th April 2011, 21:49   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Dear Fellow Bikers!

Today I am thrilled, and proud to bring home a brand NEW BTwin Rockrider 5.1 in WHITE. One pic is attached, if you want to see more, I can post more pics!
Hey congrats on your new bike.
Its a good way to keep healthy and reduce your carbon-footprint.

Keep helmet as your priority, rest can wait. Do get a frame pump and Bell for those tight off situations.

Cheers and keep biking.
Old 13th April 2011, 01:42   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunps View Post
Guys, I wanted to sell my bicycle (Hercules Act 110 Plus). I have searched for the right location in the forum, but was not able to find the right place.

can anyone point me to the right place in the forum to post my ad!
Thanks,
Varun
Is it stilll available? If it is I will be interested to know the details.
Old 13th April 2011, 09:21   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
Hey congrats on your new bike.
Its a good way to keep healthy and reduce your carbon-footprint.

Keep helmet as your priority, rest can wait. Do get a frame pump and Bell for those tight off situations.

Cheers and keep biking.
Thanks bikxsans. I am really happy with the purchase, and started using the bike, already done up some 30 KMs approximately in 2 - 3 days . I AM really liking it. I am also kind of learning the proper gear shifting on the bike, and need some more time to be so accurate with shifting and usage of gears, but I believe I kind of got the hang of it by now.

Yes helmet is the top priority, I need to arrange Vitamin M and go and find some qood quality and good looking/matching ones. Again I am planning to go where I bought the bike from - Decathlon Bangalore for it. I am also badly in need of the lock, due to the lack of it currently I am keeping the bike in the balcony (afraid of misuse/theft if left in the basement/loby of my apartment complex, I am living on the 6th floor). I didnt plan/expect this bike purchase for this month hence really short of money you know.

And I aleady have a bell, it came with the bike, also front light and back blinkers (free with the bike). I also need a pump, but must wait for that.

I am also looking forward to meetup/get in touch with fellow bikers around south bangalore for possible week end meets and explorations. So waiting for that to happen

Cheers
narayanang76

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks