Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 15:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Wow really nice, i also used to cycle a lot and done 120-140kms trips but its been 5-6 long years :(
i was thinking of getting a Bicycle from long and your brother has inspired me further

Man, every time I speak to him, I dust my bicycle and plan a trip round the block, but somehow, Bombay traffic scares me into my car.
Old 11th April 2008, 15:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Amazing stuff Prabuddha.

Hats off to your brother.

Have sent this to my biker friends also.
Old 11th April 2008, 15:39   #18
Team-BHP Support

dont know what to say about this travelogue and the pics. I am spellbound. Really need to meet this guy for some inspiration. I also used to be an avid biker but I have been involved in too many accidents.. two years ago I sold off my bicycle (a Hero Ranger Swing) to one of the Kolkata t-bhpians. After reading this travelogue I think I am going to buy a new one..
Old 11th April 2008, 16:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

This travelogue is mazing, out of words to describe how inspiring it is.
Old 11th April 2008, 17:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this thread and read both the travelogue from start to end. Wow! it takes lots of courage to do solo rides in those mountains. That really was an adventure.
Old 11th April 2008, 20:38   #21
BHPian

AWESOME pictures, really. I am blown away. What an adventure this must have been, even more so that everything was done by bike. Brilliant!

I will never be able to do all this by bike! Wow.
Old 13th April 2008, 07:26   #22
BHPian

Glad that all you people liked the travelogue. I shall convey this to my brother. He is planning his next bike ride, would take time though.
Old 13th April 2008, 10:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Very Very Inspiring Stuff. Need to go back to those re-cycling dreams before arthritis and its ilk kick in ...
Old 14th April 2008, 15:25   #24
BHPian

Hi guys. I told my brother about your reactions. He had been surprised how the visitors count was suddenly going up. Now he knows. This is one site where one can find many people who like travel and travelogues.
Old 16th April 2008, 14:17   #25
BHPian

Awsome biker, I must say.
It reminds me of my 80kms trip on my cycle when I was in school. Though tiring, what a great trip that was.
Three cheers to your Bro for living his dream.

GD
Old 17th April 2008, 15:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

That's Some Clcling..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Glad that all you people liked the travelogue. I shall convey this to my brother. He is planning his next bike ride, would take time though.
Hai,

HVK last week showed me in Mumbai the travelogue and the photos....... great stuff.......

The last time I cycled 20 KM to see a film shooting was 30 years back..... buggered me plenty!!!!!! Have never ventured on a cycle since then Can't imagine something like this is possible

Great mental and physical feat.......

Happy cycling,

--Ramky

========
Old 17th April 2008, 16:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai,

HVK last week showed me in Mumbai the travelogue and the photos....... great stuff.......

The last time I cycled 20 KM to see a film shooting was 30 years back..... buggered me plenty!!!!!! Have never ventured on a cycle since then Can't imagine something like this is possible

Great mental and physical feat.......

Happy cycling,

--Ramky

========
Hi. Glad you liked the travelogue. About the riding part, I am sure you are joking, or you had a mis-adjusted bike. In the city, if its not the middle of summer, you can comfortably do 20-30 km without prior practice, provided of course, the bicycle seats, handlebar heights and the frame size are right for you.
Mentally yes, it would be challenging to go to such exotic locales and not have anyone to share your feelings with. But actually, ultimately, cycling is physical, and you need to have the right partner who pedals at just your pace, or you would need to ride at your pace and regroup for lunch or at the end of the day's ride.

By the way, why did you bicycle to see the film shooting?
Old 17th April 2008, 18:07   #28
BANNED

Hats off to your bro .......loved the photography as well
Old 18th April 2008, 12:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Hi. Glad you liked the travelogue. About the riding part, I am sure you are joking, or you had a mis-adjusted bike. In the city, if its not the middle of summer, you can comfortably do 20-30 km without prior practice, provided of course, the bicycle seats, handlebar heights and the frame size are right for you.

By the way, why did you bicycle to see the film shooting?
Hai,

To share the secret....

On a lark 5 of us cycled 25 KMS to see the shoot of a Rajanikant Film, a stunt scenes...... Man the cycle we "hired" was a rickety old one and the seat was sticking into my "unmentionables"

From that time onwards, I have left cycling to the brave-hearted, probably shold try out on my Son's cycle sometimes......

What your brother did is a great feat...... we plan to drive that route sometime this year.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
============
Old 18th April 2008, 12:30   #30
BHPian

Lovely pictures and log. I have done a few of those routes, but on a motorcycle. But pedaling through those altitudes is a different thing altogether. Hats off!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks