Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 10:36   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
All four tires (Apollo Alnac) have the number 1018 which indicates they were manufactured in October 2018.
1018 means 10th week of 2018 (March'2018)
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 10:37   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Thanks greendream.Really appreciate your help. I'm dealing with Yashoda Krishna Toyota,Uppal and seems they are sister concerns.Looks like we are discussing about the same car, as i was told it currently is stocked at Guntur,AP.
It’s the same car. Anyways,Toyota is running a mega carnival from 15-17th,feb.As you have apprehensions regarding a 6 month old car left in the open,i would too,see if you can get a sweet deal on a 2019 car during this sale.Try bargaining real hard with all the dealers in Hyderabad.A discount of ₹65000 is not impossible IMHO.
greendream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 10:39   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
1018 means 10th week of 2018 (March'2018)
Oh dear. My initial euphoria was misplaced :(
This makes more sense. I was really wondering how the VIN and the tires could have such disparate manufacturing dates.

This is the value of team-bhp, I really do appreciate the correction in data!

Now need to go and replace all four tires immediately upon delivery.
Old 25th February 2019, 16:19   #184
BHPian

I'm getting a good discount on a December 2018 manufactured XUV W7 AT in New Delhi. It must have been kept static for almost 2 months by now and I plan to take delivery not before last week of March, that would make it 3 months under storage at the warehouse. I'm split minds, help me take a wise decision.

Last edited by desiaztec : 25th February 2019 at 16:36.
Old 25th February 2019, 16:41   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiaztec View Post
I'm getting a good discount on a December 2018 manufactured XUV W7 AT .

It all depends on your discount amount and the condition of the car at present which you could ascertain by making an inspection ( you could follow the pre delivery inspection or PDI from tbhp). IMHO, There is no guesses to be made here but careful inspection of the car and your decision only matters.
Old 18th March 2019, 18:44   #186
BHPian

Recently booked a Polo TSi with zero discounts but the sales assistant offered 1.2L discount on 2018 Polo 1.5 TDI. Worth it?
Old 17th May 2019, 15:27   #187

Hello All,

I'm looking to buy a Nexon Diesel - XT Variant from Concorde Motors, Khairatabad.

They've offered me a 2018 - Aug model RED colour car with a price discount of about 55K INR. Pls share your inputs if it is sensible to pursue the same ?

Even though initially was confident on the choice, after reading the article I'm a little concerned now. I'm yet to inspect the vehicle and they've offered to get the same to the showroom from the stock yard for my inspection.

I've got some driving experience, however not a very tech savvy person in terms of Automobile tech.

Can you advise on :
1. Whether this is a sensible option to pursue
2. If Yes, can you guide how to inspect the car ?

Thanks for all your help in advance
Vamsi Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 15:49   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamsi Krishna View Post
They've offered me a 2018 - Aug model RED colour car with a price discount of about 55K INR. Pls share your inputs if it is sensible to pursue the same ?
In my opinion, August 2018 is too old and 55k discount on it isn't attractive either. Push for more discounts (in the form of accessories, warranty, etc.) if red colour XT variant is exactly what you want otherwise skip it and go for a 2019 manufactured vehicle. Tata Nexon, diesel XT in particular, is not a slow moving variant. The fact that this car has been lying around for 8-9 months without any takers makes me suspicious.

Last edited by self_driven : 17th May 2019 at 15:51.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 17:01   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I'm looking to buy a Nexon Diesel - XT Variant from Concorde Motors, Khairatabad.

The Nexon is a good car. Older manufactured models sell later but that usually happens in luxury cars segment.
Since Nexon is a pretty newish car, it seems doubtful why an August 2018 model is not yet sold.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 17th May 2019 at 17:02.
Old 17th May 2019, 17:52   #190

Quote:
Hello All,

========
Thanks for all your help in advance
- - - - -

As others also seem to have similar doubts like me, I've opened a new discussion with Malik Cars for 2019 models and below is the quote I've received from them :

Malik - Himayat Nagar
Ex Showroom: 8,80,947
Tax @ 12 %: 1,05,713.64
Insurance - Free
Nil Dep - 3,000
Handling Charges : 5,000
HP Charges : 1,500
Extended Warranty: 0
TOTAL Price: 9,98,160.64

Exchange Bonus: 20,000
Old Car Price: 50,000

Net Price 928160.64

I'm also planning to meet Concorde Khairatabad and Venkatramana Motors near ECIL X roads (Near my home) to check on the quotes for the same.

Advise on any other areas where I could negotiate with them :

Malik Cars : They have accepted to make my insurance free & Warranty free as I've shown them an insurance quote for 25K instead of the 48K they sent. Hence they clubbed 15K discount + Insurance as free

PS : Now that I'm looking at 2019 models may be this thread is no longer valid here, so please advise if this should continue or to be moved to another thread.
Old 20th May 2019, 16:08   #191
BHPian

I am getting 85k discount on Honda Jazz 2018 model. Dealer is also giving free 2 years extended warranty making it 5 Years (3 Years given by Honda). Is this a good deal? They just have this one single Jazz in their showroom left so we have no choice of color or variant.
Old 20th May 2019, 17:12   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I am getting 85k discount on Honda Jazz 2018 model. Dealer is also giving free 2 years extended warranty making it 5 Years (3 Years given by Honda). Is this a good deal? They just have this one single Jazz in their showroom left so we have no choice of color or variant.
Which month? If it is a late 2018 manufactured car (say December 2018) and has been stored decently, you may consider it. All really depends on the actual condition and discounts/offers it comes with. Please do a detailed PDI before accepting it.

In case of any doubt, you can always order a new car through the dealer or move to a different dealer in your city. Might take some time but will be worth waiting.

Happy hunting
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 11:15   #193
Senior - BHPian

I have a question on how the car will be invoiced when then ex showroom price has changed (reduced in this case) but one is buying a model with previous pricing.

EcoSport Titanium+ AT ex showroom price is 11,08,000 at the moment.
There's a model with earlier month, when the ex showroom was 11,36,700.

If one were to buy this old model now, what will be the price applicable for invoicing and road tax purposes? Dealer is insisting that earlier price will apply. I some how find that odd. Any ideas?
Old 3rd August 2019, 11:27   #194
BHPian

Dear All,

Need some advice on PDI of a 6 month old car. The car in question is Renault Duster AWD. I had put on hold my purchase as I was awaiting for New Duster which eventually came with just cosmetic changes and AWD option now given in RXS variant instead of top end. So decided to go for earlier version and only 13 pieces were left.

The car was stored at Company's stockyard in Chennai and the dealership was adamant that they would be transporting the car only after payment of considerable sum (almost 70-80%). Now the car is in transit from Chennai and based on the VIN it's a FEB 2019 make. The sales advisor suggested that no AWD have been manufactured post Mar'19 so I really don't have an option.

Considering the plant is in Chennai, near to sea, any specific pointers to be considered for PDI.

Thanks in advance,
Ankush
Old 11th August 2019, 19:46   #195
BHPian

Hi All,
We are in a bit of catch-22 situation with a Tata Harrier that my brother is looking to buy. We basically booked a White color Harrier Top model on May 6 and paid 75% approx. of the total invoice value on May 28 under the impression that we will be able to take delivery by June middle. We were told that the 75% payment will help expedite the delivery for us. We were also promised that 9% interest rate will be paid in case the delivery is delayed.

After making the bulk of the payment, the tata dealer informed us that Harrier has a huge booking backlog. There were different excuses made during each call to the dealer and the delivery just got pushed. We also reached out to Tata territory manager and other senior dealership folks to see how the matter could be resolved. The story was fairly consistent across all these folks.

As of August 10, we have been informed that a new batch of Harriers have reached the dealership. However we checked the VIN and found that the date of Manufacture is April 2019. So now we are in a conundrum if we should accept this Harrier or not.

We are concerned if we will miss out on certain feature updates/tweaks which have been made in last 3 months for Harrier. One keeps hearing about how the early batch of Harriers had a number of Niggles and these were rectified in the later versions. The family uses a number of other cars and usually we have always been able to get a current month or a previous month vehicle. Is it really true that Harriers have not been manufactured from May onwards?

Any advice on this from senior BHPians would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 11th August 2019 at 19:58. Reason: Formatting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks