Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 17:35   #181
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
and went to do the PDI today ( before registration). To my horror I found out that it was a 2009 model.
What saved the day, and the point of this thread, is the PDI! Well done, Ancientmariner.

Quote:
can a 2009 model be sold conforming to Euro IV norms etc ?
All non BS-IV cars produced before April 1, 2010 can still be registered in BS-IV cities. Nevertheless, you should NOT accept this car because:

a) When you are paying for new, they better deliver new. Insist on a post-April 2010 build only.

b) Your car's resale can (and will) suffer.
Old 11th June 2010, 20:13   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What saved the day, and the point of this thread, is the PDI! Well done, Ancientmariner.
Thanks to Team BHP for the checklist and also the umpteen comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
All non BS-IV cars produced before April 1, 2010 can still be registered in BS-IV cities.
Yes I have insisted on the Post April 2010 car. Another 8 day wait :(
Old 12th June 2010, 17:18   #183
BHPian

Sorry go slightly off topic, but with regards to permanent registration, how much should I be paying the dealer? He's charging me Rs3000/- for temporary + permanent registration including number plates.
Old 14th June 2010, 14:43   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Sorry go slightly off topic, but with regards to permanent registration, how much should I be paying the dealer? He's charging me Rs3000/- for temporary + permanent registration including number plates.
I see you're from Hyderabad too.

Pride Honda charges 3k for these things. I think it's a sheer waste of money. Although Hyderabad North RTO (AP10 - which is what I've had to deal with so far) takes its own sweet time over most things, new vehicle registration is much more straightforward and faster. I heard that the Kondapur/Hafizpet and Attapur RTOs are actually very fast.

I think it's better to pay a little bit more (4k) to AASI and become a lifer there. They'll take care of all of your RTO needs (and some other stuff) as long as you're in South India for up to two vehicles for this 4k INR.

I haven't used their services myself, but seeing as how the RTO here is delaying shipping my duplicate RC to me (it's been 2 months for what's supposed to take only a week), I'm going to become a member before this month ends.

Regards,
spadix
Old 17th June 2010, 12:03   #185
Senior - BHPian

tried searching this thread. is the PDI checklist available as an xl file to download ? pls help
Old 17th June 2010, 12:45   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys - where can i get the PDI in XL form to down load and print ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
@ Narayan,

Here is the link for PDI list in excel.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-pdi-excel.xls
You asked the same question in febraury and the answer was in the next post.

Murthy
Old 17th June 2010, 18:12   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinimurthy View Post
You asked the same question in febraury and the answer was in the next post.

Murthy

that explains the dejavu kind of feeling i got when i typed the above post

this time i have downloaded and saved it in my comp.
Old 17th June 2010, 22:31   #188
BHPian

Looks like my wait is getting over.. Got call from Trident that my i20 is on its way after 14 days post booking... I will get a chance to do pre registration inspection on saturday at Yeshwantpur yard!!
Thanks to T-Bhpians for all the check list and details. Hope I dont mess up the inspection out of excitement...
Though i am not an expert, the check list should definitely help.. Any Eagle eyed veteran volunteer to accompany me would be of great help...
Old 27th June 2010, 08:49   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a PDI on my i20 CRDI and found that the left side mirror indicators are not working.told them to replace it before delivery.kudos to the checklist and TBHP
Old 29th June 2010, 19:15   #190
BHPian

Hi All!!

Hi Guys,

This is indeed a very good thread. I am full 4X4 enthusiast and has only written/read posts/threads from that section. But recently I booked Dezire VDI so wandered here and there in TBhp for the info. 2 good threads I come across
1) Poll for Swift Dezire Vs Indigo Manza -

2) this thread of PDI checklist

I will definitely use this checklist before delivery. I just want to know that looking at the 2-3 months wait period what are chances of getting the old car like non BSIV? Sales guy told me that the car would be Euro IV standard only.

Tarkesh
Old 29th June 2010, 19:56   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
I will definitely use this checklist before delivery. I just want to know that looking at the 2-3 months wait period what are chances of getting the old car like non BSIV? Sales guy told me that the car would be Euro IV standard only.
Tarkesh
Would advice you to check the chassis number as soon as your car is ready before registration and check if it is a 2010 model. I booked a 2010 model but was handed a 2009 model last month. fortunately I did a PDI and rejected the car right away.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:02   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Would advice you to check the chassis number as soon as your car is ready before registration and check if it is a 2010 model. I booked a 2010 model but was handed a 2009 model last month. fortunately I did a PDI and rejected the car right away.
Was it a Maruti Vehicle or else?

Looking at the fast selling of Swifts nd Dezires of the world , getting 2009 model looks impossible. But still I will ask the details and check the Chassis no.

Tarkesh
Old 30th June 2010, 12:54   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Was it a Maruti Vehicle or else?

Looking at the fast selling of Swifts nd Dezires of the world , getting 2009 model looks impossible. But still I will ask the details and check the Chassis no.

Tarkesh
It was Fiat but that is irrelevant. You never know if they have a 2009 or a BS III in stock and trying to sell you one of those
Old 1st July 2010, 16:05   #194
BHPian

PDI checklist says,while buying for new car pollution certificate will be issued for 1 year, but when I bought my Tata Safari dealer was not aware of such thing, he asked me to have pollution certificate after I have original RC, that certificate will be valid for 3 months. Pls let me know how I can get certificate for 1 year
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:56   #195
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
PDI checklist says,while buying for new car pollution certificate will be issued for 1 year, but when I bought my Tata Safari dealer was not aware of such thing, he asked me to have pollution certificate after I have original RC, that certificate will be valid for 3 months. Pls let me know how I can get certificate for 1 year
Don't worry about the certificate. Any new car sold in India doesn't require a PUC certificate for the first year.

Quote:
As per Central Motor Rules, 1989, every motor vehicle (including those conforming to Euro-I/ Euro-II/ Euro-III as well as vehicles plying on CNG/LPG) is required to carry a valid Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate after the expiry of period of one year from the date of its first registration. Since you purchased you car recently, it is not required. But after 1 year from the date of registration if you don't have PUC certificate, you will be fined Rs.1000 for the first offence and Rs.2000 everytime after that.
Link to full thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Did a PDI on my i20 CRDI and found that the left side mirror indicators are not working.told them to replace it before delivery.kudos to the checklist and TBHP
Quote:
I booked a 2010 model but was handed a 2009 model last month. fortunately I did a PDI and rejected the car right away.
Awesome . It's good to hear that the PDI checklist is serving its purpose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks