Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2007, 11:36   #31
BHPian

hello as i was just going through all the document's wat i saw was dealer has charged me 51640 for r.t.o tax but i got recipt of only rs 47180. and when i ask him he say's he has to give chai pani to everyone in r.t.o
but can any body tell me is r.t.o recipt of that value ok for honda city exi mumbai reg and company value of car is 677000 aprox
Old 18th September 2007, 12:01   #32
BHPian

One more thing I would like to add is : Recently, during the delivery of my swift, I saw the head rest to be inclined in the vertical plane, you can see its rotated when you view it from the front. Reported it to the dealer and got it replaced before delivery of my vehicle.
Old 18th September 2007, 13:57   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
hello as i was just going through all the document's wat i saw was dealer has charged me 51640 for r.t.o tax but i got recipt of only rs 47180. and when i ask him he say's he has to give chai pani to everyone in r.t.o
You have been ripped off! Why should he be paying 4 grand as "chai-pani" unless yours was an out of city / state registration. Or you got a VIP number.
Old 18th September 2007, 17:04   #34
BHPian

Hi,
In my invoice for Alto Lxi, there is a charge of Rs. 6104 as permanent Registration Charges, can somebody tell me is this the road tax ?
How it is calculated ???
Old 19th September 2007, 14:54   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi,
In my invoice for Alto Lxi, there is a charge of Rs. 6104 as permanent Registration Charges, can somebody tell me is this the road tax ?
How it is calculated ???
Registration charge is different from Road Tax. You need to pay separately !
Old 19th September 2007, 20:20   #36
BHPian

i checked in my old cars too not bought from same dealer but there is approx amount of 5000/- which doesnot have recipt.
do we get recipt of all the amount which we pay as road tax or some of it is considered as processing charges
Old 23rd September 2007, 14:50   #37

The information given by you was very useful, as i'am planning to buy a new car. Can i please know, were can i find the month and year of manufacture of the car.
Old 24th September 2007, 09:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_hb View Post
The information given by you was very useful, as i'am planning to buy a new car. Can i please know, were can i find the month and year of manufacture of the car.

vinay... you can look into this thread for the reply here.
Old 24th September 2007, 10:57   #39
BHPian

You can see this detail on the chassis

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2007 at 12:11. Reason: You meant "chassis"? Updated your post. Please type in full and proper english. Thanks
Old 26th September 2007, 21:52   #40
BHPian

How to identify teflon and anti rust coating ?

Hi ! I will be taking delivery of my Santro next week. I am getting teflon and anti rust under chasis coating from dealer. How do we identify that these coatings are actually performed by dealer while taking the delivery. Are there any valid points to indicate this or is it just by looking ?
Old 27th September 2007, 09:35   #41
BHPian

Hi,
Why youu want to go for TEflon coating ???
had you gone through its merits and demerits ?
i had read somewhere in this forum that the teflon coating may crack even if we put it under sun for one single day !
Teflon coating is not suitable for Indian Weather as far as i think.
At the time of first service, my dealer also pushed me for teflon things and as he was telling how it can protect the paint, i asked if it is so useful, then why maruti dont put it at the factory ?
Car-Gurus may further elaborate !!

Last edited by GTO : 27th September 2007 at 10:07. Reason: Please dont type in sms / Slang language. Thanks
Old 27th September 2007, 14:27   #42

Check out the below link for the pros&cons of teflon coating
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/384563-post6.html
Old 27th September 2007, 18:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash View Post
Check out the below link for the pros&cons of teflon coating
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/384563-post6.html
ok. i read about teflon. but still for knowledge, how do we identify that it has indeed been done ? and what about anti rust under chasis coating ? how do we identify that it has been done ?
Old 29th September 2007, 12:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
ok. i read about teflon. but still for knowledge, how do we identify that it has indeed been done ? and what about anti rust under chasis coating ? how do we identify that it has been done ?
well there is no proper guarantee that he might have done it and if u r getting it complimentary from the dealer it has to be wax polish and for anti rust too they will put anti rust on tyres and then tell u that they have done it on the bottom too,I feel it is not worth doing it
After Teflon too (which the say they have done it) scratches r seen
Old 11th October 2007, 20:41   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Look for month of manufacture, and the date of delivery to the dealer. This wont be a problem for fast moving vehicles, but it is definitely an issue for slow moving vehicles. Like many have mentioned, always check the vehicle before allocation/registering - *extremely* important.
Where is month of manufacture printed on santro. I asked dealer about it and he said that santro has only Year of Manufacture on it and not month.I tried to find out on Car but was not able to. Anyone has clue ??

Most Viewed