Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On buying a car


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 19:00   #3556
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 11
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hello,

Need help on decoding the VIN for my Kia Sonet.

VIN No. - MZBFF811VMN 129415

Thanks a lot in advance.
pmathur28 is offline  
Old 20th November 2021, 22:51   #3557
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Is the vin decoding for Jeep mentioned in this thread valid?
I have BM as the last two characters of the VIN. All my online searches agree that M is for 2021. But does B stand for this month (November) or February?

The sales executive claims that 1-9 make up Jan-sep, A-C for Oct-Dec. Can someone please confirm/deny this?

I'm worried because the showroom said that my vehicle allotment got delayed due to chip shortage. And now if they're giving me a 10 month old vehicle, I'll be pissed.
motor-saint is offline  
Old 21st November 2021, 08:53   #3558
BHPian
 
self_driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Delhi
Posts: 801
Thanked: 1,968 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmathur28 View Post
Hello,

Need help on decoding the VIN for my Kia Sonet.

VIN No. - MZBFF811VMN 129415

Thanks a lot in advance.
Production Date: 01-11-2021
Model: Sonet
Engine : 1.0 KAPPA
Engine No.: G3LCMM396544
Transmission: 7 DCT
Color: ABP (Aurora Black Pearl)
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 13:56   #3559
BHPian
 
KapilD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 118
Thanked: 350 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi. Can anyone help me out with the Month of Mfg of this VIN: MEXKRJPA1MG019020
KapilD is offline  
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:10   #3560
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,546
Thanked: 1,453 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-saint View Post
Is the vin decoding for Jeep mentioned in this thread valid?
I have BM as the last two characters of the VIN. All my online searches agree that M is for 2021. But does B stand for this month (November) or February?

The sales executive claims that 1-9 make up Jan-sep, A-C for Oct-Dec. Can someone please confirm/deny this?

I'm worried because the showroom said that my vehicle allotment got delayed due to chip shortage. And now if they're giving me a 10 month old vehicle, I'll be pissed.
I think the SA is correct. They have changed the alphabets for the VIN. So if 9 is September, B should be November.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:14   #3561
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Yes. It helped calm me when I saw the same date as date of manufacture on the form 21.

Thanks.
motor-saint is offline  
Old 24th November 2021, 17:09   #3562
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Hi, Can someone please decode the following VIN for me?

MEEHBC005MB034475

Thanks in advance!
535raj is offline  
Old 24th November 2021, 21:09   #3563
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,340
Thanked: 9,819 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-saint View Post
The sales executive claims that 1-9 make up Jan-sep, A-C for Oct-Dec. Can someone please confirm/deny this?
This is correct. A - C is for Oct - Dec.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 20:43   #3564
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor-saint View Post

I'm worried because the showroom said that my vehicle allotment got delayed due to chip shortage. And now if they're giving me a 10 month old vehicle, I'll be pissed.
Which model are you referring to and which dealer in Bangalore are you speaking with. I was told that 2 vehicles of model s diesel automatic with October manufacturing are left.
ysomani is offline  
Old 25th November 2021, 20:53   #3565
BHPian
 
rave20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 90
Thanked: 150 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Can someone help me decode this VIN?

MALJ381ASMM017409

Hyundai Tucson
rave20 is offline  
Old 27th November 2021, 07:55   #3566
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,340
Thanked: 9,819 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

What is the decode formula for 17 digit Hyundai VIN?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 19:00   #3567
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Production Date: 01-11-2021
Model: Sonet
Engine : 1.0 KAPPA
Engine No.: G3LCMM396544
Transmission: 7 DCT
Color: ABP (Aurora Black Pearl)
Hi,

Can you help me in decoding VIN of VW TAIGUN?
absurange is offline  
Old 28th November 2021, 01:25   #3568
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535raj View Post
Hi, Can someone please decode the following VIN for me?

MEEHBC005MB034475

Thanks in advance!
I could decode the manufacturing month and year as Nov 2021 for my 'yet to be delivered' Renault Kiger. Any further information can be extracted?
535raj is offline  
Old 28th November 2021, 11:16   #3569
BHPian
 
self_driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Delhi
Posts: 801
Thanked: 1,968 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
Can someone help me decode this VIN?

MALJ381ASMM017409

Hyundai Tucson
Production Date: 24-11-2021
Model: Tucson (TLI)
Engine : 2.0 TCI-R DSL
Engine No.: D4HAMU213180
Transmission: 8 AT 4WD
Color: UB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
What is the decode formula for 17 digit Hyundai VIN?
One needs to register on Hyundai Global Service Way to be able to access vehicle build sheet. This service is restricted in India so make sure you use a VPN before & while accessing the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurange View Post
Hi,

Can you help me in decoding VIN of VW TAIGUN?
Sorry, I can check only for Hyundai & Kia cars.
self_driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 11:34   #3570
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,340
Thanked: 9,819 Times
Default Re: ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
One needs to register on Hyundai Global Service Way to be able to access vehicle build sheet. This service is restricted in India so make sure you use a VPN before & while accessing the site.
Thanks for the info.

Can you help to decode MALBH512LMM109259?
arun_josie is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks