Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2011, 21:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Speaker confusion.

Kenwood KDC-BT7539U over 546 any given day. 7539 is a better HU in all aspects.
Old 18th June 2011, 23:52   #32
BHPian

Hi, so my Cedia has a Kenwood HU and some regular 4 speaker setup, which came factory fitted.

The HU is DDX5036 DDX5036 | Visual & Navigation Systems | Car Electroics | Kenwood Corporation

My plan is to retain the HU, try a good front component set, a sub and amp setup.

Need advise for a 'quality' setup, and where can I get it done in Mumbai. I never liked tweeters showing on the dash, so what is the remedy?

What is advisable with the sub since this will be my first time at sacrificing boot space. Have JBL components, Infinity coaxials and JBL 2ch amp in my '08 Accent and it's not needed a subwoofer till date. Also I heard a friend's system on an SX4 which had a sub without a port, bass sounded sweet even on low notes,

Finally will it be good or bad to leave the rear speakers as is or should I altogether do away with them and just stick to front components and a sub? Is it ok to have same sound from two very different quality sources?

Budget can be around 30-40k all incl, hope that should do it.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:41   #33
BHPian

Hey guys!!

I have a 2008 Waggie. I plan to upgrade the front 4" speakers. Is this a good idea?
I plan to fit a sub later, so is it necessary to fit speakers in the back?
fitting speakers in the rear will be a problem as the Waggie does not have a parcel tray.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated, thanks!!
Old 12th July 2011, 20:24   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Hey guys!!

I have a 2008 Waggie. I plan to upgrade the front 4" speakers. Is this a good idea?
I plan to fit a sub later, so is it necessary to fit speakers in the back?
fitting speakers in the rear will be a problem as the Waggie does not have a parcel tray.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated, thanks!!
You can go for a 4" speaker if you want to use the stock position. Or else, do some cutting on the doors and you can plonk 6.5" using rings. If you plan to install bigger speakers than 4", please make sure you get your work done by reputed guys who can do neat installs.

Rear speakers are more useful if you have passengers there. I drive alone 90% and I have only done front speakers and have a sub too.

If you want to use rear speakers on a tray, you have to buy an MDF as rear parcel tray cannot be used for mounting speakers. If you want to save space, please use the slots on the rear door itself.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 20:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You can go for a 4" speaker if you want to use the stock position. Or else, do some cutting on the doors and you can plonk 6.5" using rings. If you plan to install bigger speakers than 4", please make sure you get your work done by reputed guys who can do neat installs.

Rear speakers are more useful if you have passengers there. I drive alone 90% and I have only done front speakers and have a sub too.

If you want to use rear speakers on a tray, you have to buy an MDF as rear parcel tray cannot be used for mounting speakers. If you want to save space, please use the slots on the rear door itself.
Thanks a lot mate!!

I have decided to replace the front speakers, as I drive alone most of the time.
Any suggestions for good 4" speakers?? I need more of mid range and low end(bass) as I'm a huge bass fan.
Please post the price of any speaker suggestions. Thank you!!
Old 13th July 2011, 20:38   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for good 4" speakers?? I need more of mid range and low end(bass) as I'm a huge bass fan.
I guess I read Illusions are the best options in 4". I dont think there are many brands that make 4". I am still a newbie in ICE, so may not be able to help you much. Could you PM navin, gunbir, Bass & trouble, bluraven316 or Driven ? These guys will have the best and latest data.

Also I guess you will need a 6x9 or sub if you love bass ! Not sure how much can a front component or co-axial can help you with this requirement.
Old 13th July 2011, 20:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess I read Illusions are the best options in 4". I dont think there are many brands that make 4". I am still a newbie in ICE, so may not be able to help you much. Could you PM navin, gunbir, Bass & trouble, bluraven316 or Driven ? These guys will have the best and latest data.

Also I guess you will need a 6x9 or sub if you love bass ! Not sure how much can a front component or co-axial can help you with this requirement.
Thanks for the quick response!!

Yea, I do plan on getting a sub sometime later. Installing 6x9" speakers will be a problem as the car does not have a parcel tray and the doors are very thin. The whole door might vibrate like crazy when I crank up the volume.
Old 13th July 2011, 22:02   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Installing 6x9" speakers will be a problem as the car does not have a parcel tray and the doors are very thin. The whole door might vibrate like crazy when I crank up the volume.
I have 6x9 on the hatch of my WagonR. Why do you think it will be a problem? I think you were suggested 6.5 inch round ones, to be installed with "spacers" to accommodate for the speakers' depth.

With ovals on the hatch, the passenger doors vibrate with bass rich music. Just making an observation.

For the vibration issue, you can go in for damping. I just turn the volume down.
Old 14th July 2011, 10:25   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I have 6x9 on the hatch of my WagonR. Why do you think it will be a problem? I think you were suggested 6.5 inch round ones, to be installed with "spacers" to accommodate for the speakers' depth.

With ovals on the hatch, the passenger doors vibrate with bass rich music. Just making an observation.

For the vibration issue, you can go in for damping. I just turn the volume down.
How can the passenger doors vibrate when the speakers are installed in the rear hatch door??
Is the Wagon R really that flimsy??
Old 14th July 2011, 13:40   #40
BANNED

Quote:
How can the passenger doors vibrate when the speakers are installed in the rear hatch door??
Is the Wagon R really that flimsy??

It is not a reflection on the wagon R's build quality. Just that car bodies vibrate more with bass frequencies. (Ever noticed how you can hear the boom-boom sound of music on most cars from half a mile away?).

Just that I did a small experiment on how my car sounds from outside when the kind of music I listen to. Just parked it, put on the music, closed the doors and stepped out. Was surprised by the boom boom. Had read in the damping thread that one can touch the panels to see which ones vibrate. Followed this, and noticed that it is the rear passenger doors which vibrate most.

This can vary with the music and volumes, but dunno. I am no cool guru. errm... ICE guru.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
It is not a reflection on the wagon R's build quality. Just that car bodies vibrate more with bass frequencies. (Ever noticed how you can hear the boom-boom sound of music on most cars from half a mile away?).

Just that I did a small experiment on how my car sounds from outside when the kind of music I listen to. Just parked it, put on the music, closed the doors and stepped out. Was surprised by the boom boom. Had read in the damping thread that one can touch the panels to see which ones vibrate. Followed this, and noticed that it is the rear passenger doors which vibrate most.

This can vary with the music and volumes, but dunno. I am no cool guru. errm... ICE guru.
Oh, ok.
Yea I love boom ka boom boom!! That's what I want in my car!! However will the rear hatch door make a 'krr-krr' sound along with the boom boom that the speakers/sub makes?
I'm asking this because I once saw a nano's rear passenger doors (which had a sub in the rear) vibrate so badly that when he turned up the volume, we could all hear a very distinct 'krr-krr' of the doors vibrating.
Was there any noise like that?
I'm planning of putting in a sub as well, God knows how much the car will vibrate by then!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks