Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2006, 17:52   #46
BHPian

hey guys as this thread was started for upgrading my car audio, today i had been to this place M.A car studio. This is the same studio, that had sent their car to the bandra kurla motor show. (two palios having a JBL setup in it).

I had given him my bugdet and here is what he suggested.. (50k)
1) JBL GTO 601.1 (Rs 20000) Mono amp
2) Two JBL GT4 - 15" (Rs 6500 each)
3) JBL Original wiring 2 kits (Rs 3000 each)
4) JBL components for fronts (Rs 6000) dont remember the model number
5) Custom made MDF box, with some spray coating inside the box, (Rs 4000). Coating, he says is to make the box completely vaccume.

Total was Rs 51000, but after giving discount it is around Rs 48500.

This guy is giving life time warrenty on the Wiring and the fittings he is doing and servicing is free anytime. WHAT SAY people????

If i get this installed, then my setup would be like, the above mentioned list + my current Blaupunkt THA 480 (powering front and rear) + rear pionner speakers (yellow ones) + HU pio 7750.

Any comments on this setup??? or any other suggestions from guru log!!!!
Old 17th March 2006, 18:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound
5) Custom made MDF box, with some spray coating inside the box, (Rs 4000). Coating, he says is to make the box completely vaccume.

This guy is giving life time warrenty on the Wiring and the fittings he is doing and servicing is free anytime. WHAT SAY people????
Box completely vaccume, huh? Did you tell him you want to preserve some fish in it that you want to send to an aunty in Albania by sea, and that she's gonna fry it only in 2015 AD?
Old 17th March 2006, 18:26   #48
BHPian

Bass&Trouble, i'll give u his details, and you only talk to him about what fish could be send in a vaccume box.

Post some valuable suggestion if you have some or else forget it!!

Dont be !!!!!!!
Old 17th March 2006, 18:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

I suggest using a 300 W RMS or more Mono-block to power 2 bass tubes, as opposed to using a 150*2 RMS 4 channel amp to power 2 bass tubes.

A mono-amp with same output as a 4 channel amp is still better over a 4 channel amp as most mono-amps are Class D making them ready to hit hard, stay cool, and provide optimal efficiency for pushing your tubes.
Old 17th March 2006, 18:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, I know Mohd Asif a.k.a. M.A. (you DA man!!!) and that I could rely on him to say something like that.

I didn't mean any offence to you or to the MA gentleman, just think it's plain funny that someone refers to making a box air-tight as 'box completely vaccume'. Sorry bout that, and I hope you arent a vegetarian.

P.S. I still cant stop laughing. Asif...love you, boy!
Old 17th March 2006, 21:18   #51
BHPian

nice system amit.i think u were looking for system with extra bass few weeks back.U got it now.
Lets hope ur neighbours stay cool with u.
And what do mean by 2 wiring kits??
Old 17th March 2006, 23:34   #52
BHPian

Bass&Trouble, i thought u wud really be a trouble...... lol!!! No hard feelings man, chill!!

And for the neighbours, F**K them.. ha ha ha... I mean if i cant, then maybe my system would.

Thanks,
Old 18th March 2006, 09:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Bass&Trouble, i thought u wud really be a trouble...... lol!!! No hard feelings man, chill!!

And for the neighbours, F**K them.. ha ha ha... I mean if i cant, then maybe my system would.

Thanks,
u can call sam if u need help!!!!!!
Old 18th March 2006, 16:40   #54
BHPian

I always had one thing in mind that for wiring, monster cable is the best, but this M.A carstudio guy is suggesting the JBL wiring and says that JBl wiring is far better than monster!!! Is it so????
Old 18th March 2006, 16:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always had one thing in mind that for wiring, monster cable is the best, but this M.A carstudio guy is suggesting the JBL wiring and says that JBl wiring is far better than monster!!! Is it so????
There's no such thing like 'Monster cable is the best'. There are a hundred cable companies out there that'll pound monster to dust. JBL is good, or must I say, better value for money imho.
Old 20th March 2006, 10:57   #56
Team-BHP Support

B&T I think he meant a sealed box. I think you knew it too. MA is like that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks