Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: OE Replacement - Navigation System for Cruze "Mega Audio"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Hello dkaile, did you see the demo and got the system installed in your Toyota Fortuner?
I did a demo on the Etios but was not convinced about the sound quality maybe due to the tinny stock speakers of the Etios. Anyways I am getting inclined towards Blaupunkt New York 800. Still not decided.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 23:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

When i checked with Kun Chevy in Hyderabad during delivery of my Dad's Cruze, they quoted Rs.55,000 for this device.
Old 6th April 2012, 15:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi, just wanted to check if something similar is available for Verna, the mega audio website is silent on this.
Old 28th April 2012, 00:02   #34
asw
BHPian

i installed map my india navigator system on my cruze & it didnt worked properly & it looked clumsy !! now am suing for refund :(

these are one of the many problems !!

Crappy Map My India Navigator ICE replacement for Chevrolet - YouTube
Old 4th May 2012, 15:11   #35
BHPian

Hello Lawyer and all my other friends on Team Bhp.

After much discussions and research I have made up my mind to purchase the Cruze LTZ AT variant (preferably in dark blue). I will not waste much time in going into detail about the car and its features as the ample posts on this forum and elsewhere givinf a positive feedback and terming it as "a value for money' car.

What I want to request for is the long term ownership feedback of this LTZ AT model. I read about the constant AC break down issues with the car and it seems to worry me a bit ? Also is it worth the tyres upgrade soon after purchase. I know JK tyres are no where upto the mark, but considering that my driving will be mostly city limited driving, do I spend the extra money for the Continentals or any other good bran immediately.

My guess is that if I were to exchange these tyres immediately after my purchase, I might get somewhere around 4000 per tyre and I will still have to put it at least another 20000 for 5 new tyres. Considering I am already shooting my preferred budget with this purchase (by a few lacs !!!), i do not mind driving around in the JK's for a year and then changing them, until and unless the drive is truly pathetic in the stock tyres ?

My next big concern is the after sales. Having read and heard horror stories on the poor after sales, I do not want to spend so much money on a car that takes away a lot of my time on running to workshops. I drive a Swift and City right now and after sales has never been a concern with these cars, obviously. I know Skoda and VW do not offer any better after sales but I just wanted advise on this from all of you.

Long and short - should I go in for this car and can live happily with it ?

Also I might wait till May end - June, when the face lift Cruze launch is rumored.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10th May 2012, 16:40   #36
BHPian

I have been using Cruze AT for almost two years and havent faced any problem. Neither do I have any bad experience to share. Having driven 30k in this car, it hasn't given me any trouble till date.

Regarding ***, its just like any other experience. Aravali's work shop in Gurgaon is really good and they have a nice waiting lounge there.

I would recommend taking their extra warranty and three years maintenance package. You wont have to bother much about there after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch82 View Post
Hello Lawyer and all my other friends on Team Bhp.

After much discussions and research I have made up my mind to purchase the Cruze LTZ AT variant (preferably in dark blue). I will not waste much time in going into detail about the car and its features as the ample posts on this forum and elsewhere givinf a positive feedback and terming it as "a value for money' car.

What I want to request for is the long term ownership feedback of this LTZ AT model. I read about the constant AC break down issues with the car and it seems to worry me a bit ? Also is it worth the tyres upgrade soon after purchase. I know JK tyres are no where upto the mark, but considering that my driving will be mostly city limited driving, do I spend the extra money for the Continentals or any other good bran immediately.

My guess is that if I were to exchange these tyres immediately after my purchase, I might get somewhere around 4000 per tyre and I will still have to put it at least another 20000 for 5 new tyres. Considering I am already shooting my preferred budget with this purchase (by a few lacs !!!), i do not mind driving around in the JK's for a year and then changing them, until and unless the drive is truly pathetic in the stock tyres ?

My next big concern is the after sales. Having read and heard horror stories on the poor after sales, I do not want to spend so much money on a car that takes away a lot of my time on running to workshops. I drive a Swift and City right now and after sales has never been a concern with these cars, obviously. I know Skoda and VW do not offer any better after sales but I just wanted advise on this from all of you.

Long and short - should I go in for this car and can live happily with it ?

Also I might wait till May end - June, when the face lift Cruze launch is rumored.

Thanks for your help.
Old 15th September 2012, 11:43   #37
BHPian

Can anyone (lawyer) provide feedback on Regent Chevrolet Faridabad, specially with regard to their after sales and customer support ? I am deciding between Metro Delhi and Regent. The sales reprentative at Metro is known to me and is a very courteous and helpful person, while Regent is offering me a better deal. User experiences requested as I plan to go and ok the Cruze AT today.
Old 18th June 2014, 20:00   #38
BHPian

hi lawyer, could you pls let me know if you got a warranty with your Megaaudio head unit? Also on snapdeal there seems to be a good offer and the whole unit comes for around 17K. need to do some research before i zero down on this one.
Old 18th June 2014, 20:51   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzeLiner View Post
hi lawyer, could you pls let me know if you got a warranty with your Megaaudio head unit? Also on snapdeal there seems to be a good offer and the whole unit comes for around 17K. need to do some research before i zero down on this one.
Hi, Can you post the link of the Mega Audio Headunit for Cruze that is priced at 17K. Iam not able to find it on the snapdeal website. Thanks!
Old 19th June 2014, 08:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hi, Can you post the link of the Mega Audio Headunit for Cruze that is priced at 17K. Iam not able to find it on the snapdeal website. Thanks!
hi mobike008, this is where i found it http://www.snapdeal.com/product/mega...ombo/163695421
though it says 20K, while you checkout, you get an additional 18% off and that comes to around 17K odd. but i see 2 models in the same website, one is this one which is MAODL51 and the other one MAOE851 which seems to be costlier i.e. around 35+k after discount. dont know what is the difference between these models. need to check that out..

i think i got the difference between the 2. The cheaper one MAODL51 doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, though it supports external hard drive and USB. Not sure if we can play movies through the external drives as i think we can get a USB ready CD/DVD drive easily in the market for much less.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th June 2014 at 11:49. Reason: back to back posts
CruzeLiner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 11:51   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi mobike008, this is where i found it http://www.snapdeal.com/product/mega...ombo/163695421
i think i got the difference between the 2. The cheaper one MAODL51 doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, though it supports external hard drive and USB. Not sure if we can play movies through the external drives as i think we can get a USB ready CD/DVD drive easily in the market for much less.
Pretty lame way to reduce a 40K product to 17K by excluding the DVD/CD option and calling it a deckless drive product

Just 2 reviews of this product and both have given stern warning to stay away from this product

I too would suggest the same to you !!!
Old 19th June 2014, 12:39   #42
BHPian

Thanks mobike008! yeah I was anyway thinking of staying away from it, more because I was skeptical about the long term reliability of these products. I would rather go for a brand like Pioneer/Kenwood, but the only issue is that I am not sure if the steering mounted controls would work and if I can live without cutting wires. Is there any model that anyone is aware of in these leading brands that provides such an alternative?
Old 20th June 2014, 00:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if the steering mounted controls would work and if I can live without cutting wires. Is there any model that anyone is aware of in these leading brands that provides such an alternative?
Yes connects 2 adaptors are available through most reputed audio ships across India. Check locally and you should be able to find it easily. I run a similar kit in my fiat Linea for the last couple of years. Procured it from Kumar's auto in Bangalore.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 10:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Yes connects 2 adaptors are available through most reputed audio ships across India. Check locally and you should be able to find it easily. I run a similar kit in my fiat Linea for the last couple of years. Procured it from Kumar's auto in Bangalore.
thanks Nitin.. will check it out sometime in coming days. however i read in another thread that for Cruze the connect 2 kit cost around 16K. i dont think i will be able to spend that much on the kit alone at this point, since i have plans of changing my tyres too, which might cost me almost 40 K
so looking out for other options to install a double din too.. let me check with some shopkeepers especially on the GP road here in chennai.
Old 20th June 2014, 10:44   #45
BHPian

Quote:
thanks Nitin.. will check it out sometime in coming days. however i read in another thread that for Cruze the connect 2 kit cost around 16K. i dont think i will be able to spend that much on the kit alone at this point, since i have plans of changing my tyres too, which might cost me almost 40 K
so looking out for other options to install a double din too.. let me check with some shopkeepers especially on the GP road here in chennai.
Surely can't be 16k. Most of these adapters retail for 5-6k including the HU patch lead. In your case since its an OEM HU, I would say it may cost a couple grand extra, but no more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks