Old 25th January 2023, 14:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICEing my VW Polo 1.6

Hello everyone,

I am looking to replace the headhunt and amplifier in my Polo 1.6

Reasons:
Headunit:
1. The bluetooth has stopped working which has made it a pain to take calls
2. Having Apple Car Play and Android Auto would be nice.

Amplifier
1. It seems to be drawing power even when switched off.
2. Sound seems to have deteriorated.

Current set up:
Headunit : Alpine ICS-X8 (NEED TO CHANGE)
Fr Comps : Morel Temp Ultra 6
Rr Coaxials : Morel Maximo 6
4ch Amp : Mosconi One 120.4

Amp Requirements:
1. Must have similar or better SQ
2. Must have a similar footprint due to limited space for installation.

Headunit Requirements
1. Should be a SQ oriented Double DIN
2. Should have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
Old 25th January 2023, 15:36   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Headunit:
1. The bluetooth has stopped working which has made it a pain to take calls
2. Having Apple Car Play and Android Auto would be nice.
How about getting an RCD 340? Proper OEM fit, finish & very good integration of features as well. Looks lovely too. Should cost somewhere around 24-30K I think. There are quite a few sources where it is readily available on the internet / social media like Instagram etc.
Quote:
Amplifier
2. Sound seems to have deteriorated.
Might be worth checking the wiring first. Probably the signal wire is incorrectly connected to wrong power source. As for the sound - again might be worth checking the contacts for corrosion etc & replacing any connector pins at the woofer side etc first. Amplifiers have become quite costly off late, and trying to retain current one might save quite some bucks, unless its really in a bad health. (I've bene using a JBL unit for nearly 10 years now - and its working perfectly, hence the suggestion.)
Old 21st February 2023, 17:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
How about getting an RCD 340? Proper OEM fit, finish & very good integration of features as well. Looks lovely too. Should cost somewhere around 24-30K I think. There are quite a few sources where it is readily available on the internet / social media like Instagram etc.
This is a very good idea but I believe I would require a HI/LOW converter for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Might be worth checking the wiring first. Probably the signal wire is incorrectly connected to wrong power source.
This could be the correct way to go. I had just called up BBW from where I had bought the amp many years ago and he simply said that if it was the amp drawing power, the power light would be glowing. If it is not glowing, the power draw is from somewhere else.
Old 15th March 2023, 11:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amplifier
So an update to this point.

The last time my car was not used for 10 days was in March 2022 an once I returned, the battery was totally flat. I had to jump start the car.

I had spoken to Gunbir from BBW Distributors on this as I had purchased the amp from them in 2013-14 and he was very clear that if the power light on the amp is not glowing once the car is switched off, then the amp is not drawing power.
Now, I have just returned from a trip this month where the car was not used for 10 days. However, before I left, I had disconnected the 'Remote Power' wire from the amp. When I returned, the car started on first crank. There was no sign of a power drain. This also rules out the possibility of other electronic components in the car drawing power and it is clear that the audio system is responsible for the power drain.

If what Gunbir says is true, is it possible that the HU is responsible for the power drain?
Old 25th March 2023, 20:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So an update to this point.

The last time my car was not used for 10 days was in March 2022 an once I returned, the battery was totally flat. I had to jump start the car.

I had spoken to Gunbir from BBW Distributors on this as I had purchased the amp from them in 2013-14 and he was very clear that if the power light on the amp is not glowing once the car is switched off, then the amp is not drawing power.
Now, I have just returned from a trip this month where the car was not used for 10 days. However, before I left, I had disconnected the 'Remote Power' wire from the amp. When I returned, the car started on first crank. There was no sign of a power drain. This also rules out the possibility of other electronic components in the car drawing power and it is clear that the audio system is responsible for the power drain.

If what Gunbir says is true, is it possible that the HU is responsible for the power drain?
Hi guys,

Need help on this. Can anyone recommend with can expert who can help solve this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks