Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 17:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Pioneer Launches USB Only HU MVH-1490UB - INR 3,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzone View Post
Are you saying it after hearing them both in action or is it just the Pioneer name that makes it worth it?
I have used the X333 and sold it off after being fed up.The Pioneer looks more promising.I haven't listened to the pioneer so can't compare them on the SQ front but can vouch for it on the rest of the features/interface and usability that its a better product.
Here is my review on the X-333
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post2575785
Old 21st February 2012, 17:23   #17
BHPian

It looks good But !!!!!!

I wish they had thrown in an SD card reader slot as well.
Now a days all laptops come with an SD card reader slot, so its becoming more easy with SD cards.

Benefits over USB is smaller in size and cheaper than USB sticks

-Fillmore
Old 21st February 2012, 17:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Now a days all laptops come with an SD card reader slot, so its becoming more easy with SD cards.

-Fillmore
Very true, and SD card slot provision would have been Icing on the Cake. The other benefit of it would be the card being more smaller in size and would fit in well within the HU and make it look more compact, unlike the USB which will stick outside.
Old 21st February 2012, 18:04   #19
BHPian

Looks decent. However, JBL X333 has 3 RCA-out and this Pioneer seems to be having only one. I am not sure how is the performance of the X333.
Old 21st February 2012, 18:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
It looks good But !!!!!!

-Fillmore
+1. The SD Card is much more safer than a USB stick since there is a chance of the USB stick or connector getting damaged due to protrusion.

I too have a Pioneer HU and I prefer to use only the SD Card slot and chances of it getting damaged is next to nil.
Old 22nd February 2012, 00:37   #21
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
+1. The SD Card is much more safer than a USB stick since there is a chance of the USB stick or connector getting damaged due to protrusion.

I too have a Pioneer HU and I prefer to use only the SD Card slot and chances of it getting damaged is next to nil.
I beg to differ here. There are many card readers available now in which the micro SD card goes into the USB connector itself.The size is almost similar to USB BT dongles. I have that in my car and it looks good plus works well.

And it costs around 30 bucks. Remember the MSD cards are cheaper than their equivalent SD cards/USB sticks.
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_
Looks decent. However, JBL X333 has 3 RCA-out and this Pioneer seems to be having only one. I am not sure how is the performance of the X333.
No point in having 3 RCA's if they don't perform properly. Read the x333 thread for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg

I beg to differ here. There are many card readers available now in which the micro SD card goes into the USB connector itself.The size is almost similar to USB BT dongles. I have that in my car and it looks good plus works well.

And it costs around 30 bucks. Remember the MSD cards are cheaper than their equivalent SD cards/USB sticks.
+1. One can even buy the micro sized pen drives which stay hardly 2-4 mm outside the usb port. Almost similarly priced.
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:10   #23
PhX
BHPian

Finally, some news on the new Pioneer launches. Any idea when the 2-DIN launches would be available in the market?
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
Finally, some news on the new Pioneer launches. Any idea when the 2-DIN launches would be available in the market?
Already available at some shops here in delhi and carplus.in
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:42   #25
BHPian

Good to hear pioneer coping up to the competition. As already suggested, the SD card option would have been good.
Pio could have given us atleast 2 pre-ous.
IMHO there should be better displays and controls in these kind of players. I would prefer something like the 5250 with a beautiful face plate and display without a CD option.
Old 11th March 2012, 22:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post

Heard of the Sandisk Cruzer Fit? Have a look (picture attached). I got it for my Sony Xplod CDX GT44U which is in my dad's car. Works like a charm. It even fits inside the case if you take out the front plate, so no removing, losing or breaking! The transfer speed of the pendrive is a bit slow, but the songs play just fine!
Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Pioneer Launches USB Only HU MVH-1490UB - INR 3,400-cruzer.jpeg  

Old 15th March 2012, 17:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Heard of the Sandisk Cruzer Fit? Have a look (picture attached). I got it for my Sony Xplod CDX GT44U which is in my dad's car. Works like a charm. It even fits inside the case if you take out the front plate, so no removing, losing or breaking!
I have Sandisk Cruzer on my ASUS OPlay Mini. This one is insanely tiny and has all probability that you may loose it immediately you remove it from the drive. But it suits perfectly for these kind of application as it hardly juts out of the port and there is almost zero probability that it may thus get damaged.

About the Pioneer USB HU, I guess this does not support video. Is there any USB HU which supports video too. My kids at back seat keeps on asking for Tom & Jerry :-)
Old 15th March 2012, 23:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagata View Post
I have Sandisk Cruzer on my ASUS OPlay Mini. This one is insanely tiny and has all probability that you may loose it immediately you remove it from the drive. But it suits perfectly for these kind of application as it hardly juts out of the port and there is almost zero probability that it may thus get damaged.

About the Pioneer USB HU, I guess this does not support video. Is there any USB HU which supports video too. My kids at back seat keeps on asking for Tom & Jerry :-)
It is really useful for things like this.

On a side note - Kids still watch Tom & Jerry? I approve. (I still like to watch them occasionally.)

And guys, I think I forgot to mention that I got myself the 1490UB.
One of the first few owners on T-BHP?

Cost me 3200 and was fitted for free. I had decided it was high time to replace the Blaupunkt system that I had in my car even though it does have a 6 CD changer, I wanted the convenience of an auxiliary and USB input.

I retained all 4 Blaupunkt speakers and the system sounds great! I'm not too fond of loud music in cars, so I can't say if people in that category will be satisfied by the system.. But for regular guys like me who just want 4 speakers, some clear music, mild bass and not too much volume, this is a great piece and great value for money. By not too much volume I mean that I ensure that I am able to hear the traffic around me, like the horns and stuff.

The buttons are on the soft side and you won't get a resounding click, but they are tactile enough.
The case for the face plate is really rubbish, it's flimsy and seems like it'll fall apart with regular use.
The remote is of a good size, the buttons are fine and it seems to be of good quality. I haven't used it as yet as I have been driving myself these past few days. I'll check it out eventually and will report back on it.
The pre-set equaliser has a few settings and you have the liberty of creating your own, which I have done according to my tastes.
I have not used the radio on it yet cause I generally listen to my own music, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
The iPod control works like it should. No complaints there either.

All in all, it does what it says on the box. Does it well, sounds good, at least to me, it's a really subjective thing. Looks decent too. And great bang for your buck.

If anyone wants more information before buying it, I'll be happy to help.

Cheers!

Last edited by Viraat13 : 15th March 2012 at 23:45. Reason: Article error.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
No point in having 3 RCA's if they don't perform properly. Read the x333 thread for more info.

Hi k2max6,
Can you or any one else on the forum tell me what is the benefit of having more RCA outs in a head unit ?

I have very little idea about music systems, and am looking to upgrade the stupid no-USB stock system in my Punto with maybe this. I am planning to add component speakers to this system. Can I do it with this HU ?
Old 4th April 2012, 12:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Hi k2max6,
Can you or any one else on the forum tell me what is the benefit of having more RCA outs in a head unit ?

I have very little idea about music systems, and am looking to upgrade the stupid no-USB stock system in my Punto with maybe this. I am planning to add component speakers to this system. Can I do it with this HU ?
Just as a speaker requires a speaker a cable,similarly an amplifier requires and RCA cable to connect it with the Headunit.So what is generally comfortable is 1 RCA for Rear Speakers,1 for Front Speakers and 1 for the Subwoofer.
But only required if you plan to add a subwoofer / amplifier to your car.
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks