Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 21:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m
Currently I have a Xenos DVD 150 HU that has 2 pre-outs. I am planning to get the 1490 HU for Aux input and USB, neither of which is present on my current HU. However, I also plan to get a 4 channel amplifier and a subwoofer for my car, and the guy at the accessories shop tells me that the 1490 won't work, since it has only 1 pre-out, and adding a Y-splitter would reduce SQ.

What I am considering is using both my HUs. The Xenos has an auxillary input at the rear, which is a component input (red & white). So is it possible to connect the output from the 1490 into this aux-in, and then source the output to the speakers from the 2 pre-outs of the Xenos HU? Would this work fine?

Also, my other question is, whether the 1490 also has a component aux-in at the rear, similar to my present HU? I am not talking about the 3.5 mm input in front. It is the secondary input that I am interested in. Someone kindly tell me this. Thanks.
there is no auxiliary in rear of this model.
operations wise this model is very fast in reading usb . while jbl 333 take 4-5 second this takes 1 second yo start playing audio files
Old 18th July 2012, 22:02   #47
BANNED

Re: Pioneer Launches USB Only HU MVH-1490UB - INR 3,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
I got it from Pallika Bhawan for Rs. 3200 and installed for free. All the shops have pretty similar rates, I got mine from DK or something like that. Bargain hard where ever you go and roam around the entire place to get the best deal.

And I would recommend that you also get the San Disk Cruzer Fit from Flipkart to go along with the system. I find that it is the easiest way to listen to my music in the car and the sound quality is higher than the aux cable. Unless of course you plan to connect your iPod via the USB.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
there is no auxiliary in rear of this model.
operations wise this model is very fast in reading usb . while jbl 333 take 4-5 second this takes 1 second yo start playing audio files
Hi

Can you please share usage review for this model? You seems to be using this for months now. Any apparent problems?

I am planning for this. It is available @3200 online. However at reliace autozone it is 4200 !!
Old 18th July 2012, 22:51   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Hi

Can you please share usage review for this model? You seems to be using this for months now. Any apparent problems?

I am planning for this. It is available @3200 online. However at reliace autozone it is 4200 !!
I'm quite the noob when it comes to car sound systems. But for basic use, it's just fine. No problems at all. My set up is simple, 4 Blaupunkt speakers along with the 1490UB.

95% of the time I use the USB port where my Sandisk Cruzer Fit is permanently placed. The audio quality is fine. The music starts instantly from the last track you were listening to when you switched off the car.

There are a few pre-set equalisers present, but I prefer my own settings. It has the regular fader and balance control, plus loudness, and subwoofer control. You can also adjust the bass, mid, and treble according to your own preference. I don't think this unit will satisfy car audiophiles, but for regular folks who just want some music, I'd recommend it without a moments hesitation.

I paid 3200 all told. You're ordering online, so add maybe 200 bucks for installation too. And I hope you know where to get it installed from.
Old 18th July 2012, 22:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

its a basic player and does all its function as said. Since i have a basic setup with boston speakers it sounds good enough. Usb reading is very fast. Have not tried using hard drive. Fm reception is good with internal antenna. Red color keys is a bit out of taste but i bought it as filler till car is sold. Didn't try using subwoofer
Old 18th July 2012, 23:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The set is a good basic starter's set. It would do your job but dont expect performance like higher models.

AVOID ONLINE !! There are too many catches in "online" sales and a good chance you may receive refurbished / returned / used goods. Its a pain in the neck to claim a "return" with the vendor. 99% of the goods i received did NOT have a warranty card. I have really stopped shopping online. I browse products online and buy from a physical shop.

Pay 1000 extra and buy peace of mind.
Old 18th July 2012, 23:26   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea

Reliance Autozone is charging you more by 25%
why not check out other car accessories shops in your area ! This HU is generally available around 3200-3400 bucks at most places in India as far as local car accessory shops are concerned.
For 4200 one gets an hu with cd and usb.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:12   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The set is a good basic starter's set. It would do your job but dont expect performance like higher models.

AVOID ONLINE !! There are too many catches in "online" sales and a good chance you may receive refurbished / returned / used goods. Its a pain in the neck to claim a "return" with the vendor. 99% of the goods i received did NOT have a warranty card. I have really stopped shopping online. I browse products online and buy from a physical shop.

Pay 1000 extra and buy peace of mind.
Thanks for input. You are mostly right if souce is not trusted.

I am planning it from Buy Pioneer MVH 1490UB Head Unit Online in India, Best Price, Best buy, Deals, Offers, Discount, Sale, Shop Online
He is a registered dealer on TeamBHP and claiming that is a PIO destributor. It comes with 2 year manu warrenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Reliance Autozone is charging you more by 25%
why not check out other car accessories shops in your area ! This HU is generally available around 3200-3400 bucks at most places in India as far as local car accessory shops are concerned.
I am not sure about local dealer as when it comes to speaker, heard that there are lot of duplicate , not recognisable to novice eyes like mine. So planning to buy speakers from RA and they are fine with fact if procure HU on my own.

Any feedback on this Seller?
Buy Pioneer MVH 1490UB Head Unit Online in India, Best Price, Best buy, Deals, Offers, Discount, Sale, Shop Online

Last edited by idea : 19th July 2012 at 10:14.
Old 19th July 2012, 16:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He is a registered dealer on TeamBHP

Dear - TeamBHP does NOT promote any dealership to the best of my knowledge and there is nothing as "registered dealer on TBHP", TBHP members recommend shops only based on personal experiences.

If you find the deal attractive, pls go ahead but i would really buy a physical shop only.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 17:29   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Which is the model with CD as well? I would still rather prefer to have the option of playing a CD. Looking to get one fixed in my Innova.
Old 19th July 2012, 18:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Which is the model with CD as well? I would still rather prefer to have the option of playing a CD. Looking to get one fixed in my Innova.
Have a look at the Sony CDX–GT44U. It is for around 4500 bucks, has a CD, USB, and AUX. The build quality is miles ahead of the Pioneer. It's easy to use and reads the USB instantly. Top notch system if you ask me. I have it in my W124 with two Sony Xplod and two JBL speakers, sounds much better than the Pioneer, but that must have something to do with the sound stage of the W124. Never the less, if I wanted a system with a CD player, I would've gone for this one.

Cheers
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 10:44   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

You can get Pioneer DEH-1490UB for approx 4400.
Old 31st July 2012, 17:34   #57
Senior - BHPian

Got this HU few days back and I am satisfied with its performance.But I still have the stock speakers which are of no use,Can someone recommend me good set of speakers for my optra(all the speakers have to be installed on the doors ).I would definitely recommend this to someone who is looking for an entry-level HU over the models with cd player.We almost never use cds now a days so why should we pay for something which we never use?
Old 12th August 2012, 22:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

What's maximum capacity for USB drives that can be used/played with these USB only HUs? Can these play songs from 32 GB pendrive?
Old 13th August 2012, 21:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
What's maximum capacity for USB drives that can be used/played with these USB only HUs? Can these play songs from 32 GB pendrive?
Not sure about 32 GB. But I'm using 16 GB, and that works just fine.

Maybe if you need something larger than 16, then you could use the USB port and connect an iPod/MP3 player?
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 13:47   #60
BHPian

How does this fare when compared with JVC KD-X30?

http://www.jvc.co.in/car/dm_receiver/kd-x30/

The JVC HU is BT ready whereas the Pioneer isn't. Both have AUX and USB input, which is what I'll be using.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks