Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Speakers and Amp for Dzire VDi

Yeah, the prices are very good. Bring them down.
Here's JBL India's site for reference.
http://www.indiajbl.com/CarAudio.aspx
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Yeah, the prices are very good. Bring them down.
Here's JBL India's site for reference.
India JBL
Thanks Nitrous,

I just spoke to the dealer (Orange Tree Marketing Co. 044 42158118 &
9677041204) and got the following quote.

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Component - Not Available
Infinity Kappa 63.9i Coax - 14,990 Rs (incl of tax)
Infinity KAPPA FOUR Amplifier - 40,000 Rs (incl of Tax)

I am not sure how valid these prices are. Any other reliable place available?

In between I wish not to cut or make holes in the door to fit the tweeters. Is there any way to do it? Please advice.

Thanks again.
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forerunner
In between I wish not to cut or make holes in the door to fit the tweeters. Is there any way to do it? Please advice.
Surface mount it on the dash.
Old 24th February 2012, 13:51   #19
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have inquired the price at Chandru Auto Stores

Front Comp: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Not available and got a quote of 14000 Rs for Kappa 60.9
Rear Coax: Infinity Kappa 63.9i Not Available and Kappa 693.3 9000 Rs. (This is 6x9 not 6.5)
Amp: Infinity KAPPA FOUR 24,000 Rs
Damping: Dynamat Xtreme 7500 Rs for Doors Alone

Called Power Zone but they said they are not dealing Infinity.

So I have ordered them here and the cost was close to $600 for Amp+ speakers. Only concern is damping material which is very heavy 23 lbs (~24 kgs) and so I need your opinion before ordering this.

And also I heard that Kappa Perfect 6.1 is discontinued and replaced by 60.9. I came to know about this after I ordered the speakers and Amp. Can you please advice me if I am wrong in going with 6.1? Also please let me know which is better in between 6.1 and 60.9.

While inquiring about installation, Chandru Auto Stores said
3500 Rs for installation
3000 Rs for wires
1000 Rs for some RC cables
2000 Rs for adapter to (some low high converter and please enlighten me on this) connect my Stock HU with Amp.

Please let me know if I can procure any of the items from US. If so please suggest some good brands.

I thank Nitrous for clearing me of many doubts and also many thanks to Navin and k2max6.
Old 25th February 2012, 18:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
... 3500 Rs for installation
3000 Rs for wires
2000 Rs for adapter ...
IMHO you should check in some other stores in Chennai first before committing yourself. For sure he is not giving you good prices, neither on the speakers etc. nor on the labor etc. part.

Check with the Chennai JBL distributor (not dealer) first - look up the contact details on the JBL site. They should be able to guide you better on the Infinity speakers, and point you to a good installer in Chennai.
Old 27th February 2012, 18:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR
Only concern is damping material which is very heavy 23 lbs (~24 kgs) and so I need your opinion before ordering this.
23lbs is ~10kgs, mate. And I suggest you carry it down from the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR
And also I heard that Kappa Perfect 6.1 is discontinued and replaced by 60.9.
That's bovine excreta. Perfect and the kappa are different series. The Perfect 6.1 is superior to the kappas.
Your choice of the perfects is perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr
3500 Rs for installation
3000 Rs for wires
2000 Rs for adapter to (some low high converter and please enlighten me on this) connect my Stock HU with Amp.
Exorbitant is the word.
If possible, bring scosche or monster cables from the US or buy them here and have it installed at a reputed place.
The low high converter is not needed since you're getting an aftermarket HU.
Old 1st March 2012, 17:19   #22

Quote:
Hi Friends,

I am planning to upgrade the stock system in my Dzire. I plan to leave the integrated HU as it is and plan to upgrade the speakers alone. I mostly hear slow melodies, instrumental and classical music at low volume. At low volume the stock speakers let the outside and engine noise to mix in and the minute details are missing in the music hence this upgrade.

Here are my doubts and I really want your expert opinion to decide.

1. What size of speaker will really fit into Dzire? I saw the size as 6.5" in some websites and 6" in some others. I am confused here and I assume the front and rear speaker's size should be 6.5".

2. For the front I am confused between the following two component speakers
a. Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 (230 USD)
b. Alpine SPX-17PRO (419 USD)

3. For the rear I am confused between the following two coax speakers
a. Infinity Kappa 63.9i (130 USD)
b. Alpine SPR-17C (120 USD)

4. For the amplifier I am considering Infinity KAPPA FOUR (300 USD).

Please advice me on the above with the pros and cons of each. I am returning to India next month and I am planning to source it from US. What else I should buy along with these items for installing them in India?

Also please suggest a good place to fit the system in Chennai.

Thanks in advance,
Don't want to crash your party here, just a very quick question. Are you gonna change the parcel tray of your Dzire to fit your new speakers? Do you have a rough estimate of the price in Chennai? I was quoted 600 bucks for the tray in a new shop in Adyar. Is this a fair price?
Old 1st March 2012, 18:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please suggest if the above prices are cheaper compared to India?
Much Much Cheaper.... All the best!
Old 1st March 2012, 19:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_rx View Post
... Are you gonna change the parcel tray of your Dzire to fit your new speakers? ...
Being a sedan, doesn't Dzire have a metal tray? Why would you want to change the parcel tray? Different thing for hatchbacks which have a flimsy (for the purpose of mounting speakers) parcel tray which is replaced with an MDF one. 600 is not too bad a price for the MDF tray.

PS: Please don't quote a whole huge post to write only 2 lines - it reduces the readability of your post. Shorten the quoted post.
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:05   #25
BHPian

Quote:
23lbs is ~10kgs, mate. And I suggest you carry it down from the US.
I got the Dynamate delivered.. the UPS agent had a tough time in deliverying the heavy pack..
Quote:

That's bovine excreta. Perfect and the kappa are different series. The Perfect 6.1 is superior to the kappas.
Your choice of the perfects is perfect
Oh, thank you sir, You relieved of my headache, am flying...
Quote:
Exorbitant is the word.
If possible, bring scosche or monster cables from the US or buy them here and have it installed at a reputed place.
The low high converter is not needed since you're getting an aftermarket HU.
Yes, I am getting the cables too...
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:08   #26
BHPian

[quote=nitrous;2695488]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_rx View Post
Don't want to crash your party here, just a very quick question. Are you gonna change the parcel tray of your Dzire to fit your new speakers? Do you have a rough estimate of the price in Chennai? I was quoted 600 bucks for the tray in a new shop in Adyar. Is this a fair price?
I yet to decide on this. If the installer will be able to fix my new 6.5" speaker without cutting the tray, I will leave it otherwise I will go for one. As of now I am not aware of the price too. I will update you once I start the installation.
Old 30th March 2012, 15:49   #27
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Last week I reached India and brought the speakers, damping material and HU without any issues. I was looking for a good ICE and one of our fellow BHP ian ( DerJunge) agreed to help me on this regard once I reach India.

In between there was a goofup in installing the speakers. After reaching India, I gave my car for a regular service to one of the leading service stations in Chennai. While taking the delivery from the dealer one of the supervisor offered me some help in installing the speakers. This is has become a good friend of me and I have had a good rapport with him. He said he will send an experienced person to my home to fix the speakers.

I called this 'Audio wala' to check what things I need to procure for the installation. He replied saying that nothing to worry and he will get everything. The person came with two more guys and tool kit and started doing the installation. Alas, he didn't bring any material to install and also doesn't have any knowledge about the speakers and amplifier.

After reaching my home he called some one and told me that I need to buy some cables costing around Rs.950 and said he couldn't get the console for installing the HU for Rs.2500. As the console was not available we planned to install the HU later. He just installed the speakers and Amp.

Here are the concerns in the installation.
1. He connected the rear coax only with the Amps. He said he couldn't connect all the four speakers with the Amp as the stock HU only has two channel output. To do this I need to get some more stuff he said.
2. After installation the voulme in rear coax and front Comp are not even. The rear speakers tend to give more volume when the fading was put to '0' in the HU. I have now set the fading to F3 to get the same volume in front and rear.
3. This guy is completely unaware of damping material and the damping has to be done some where else.
4. At higher volume the door panels tend to vibrate. I am not sure whether this is due to poor installation or absence of damping.

I wish to hear your expert opinion from you on the above concerns.
The above 'encounter' cost me 3000 Rs in total. Now I have decided to bring my car to a professional installer to do it from the scratch.

Thanks,
Old 31st March 2012, 06:26   #28
BANNED

Quote:
3500 Rs for installation
3000 Rs for wires
3500 for an installation ? I am quitting my job . The total cost of installation + cables + adaptor comes to 9500 . For 9500 a real good HU can be bought . The HI -Low converter is not an optimal soultion though . The best way to connect an amp would be to use the pre -outs . It seems you were quoted MRP prices for the JBL components . Try some other store who might be willing to discuount a bit

Quote:
... After reaching my home he called some one and told me that I need to buy some cables costing around Rs.950 and said he couldn't get the console for installing the HU for Rs.2500. As the console was not available we planned to install the HU later. He just installed the speakers and Amp. ...
Which HU is this ? The OEM one or a new one ? what model is it ?

Last edited by DerAlte : 31st March 2012 at 10:14. Reason: Please don't quote complete post. Also, you can use multi-quote to respond to more than one post
Old 31st March 2012, 11:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post

Which HU is this ? The OEM one or a new one ? what model is it ?
Its a single DIN JVC unit. Model is KD-R320 with blue tooth connectivity and hands free.
Old 31st March 2012, 15:58   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Its a single DIN JVC unit. Model is KD-R320 with blue tooth connectivity and hands free.
ok , the HU seems to have a single pre-out . The best way to wire is to use the pre-out with an amplifier for rear and the front speakers can be wired directly to the HU . Using a speaker level input causes a bit of distortion and destroys the whole idea of using an amplifier .
greatmana2000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks