Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 14:45   #1
BHPian

Speakers and Amp for Dzire VDi

Hi Friends,

I am planning to upgrade the stock system in my Dzire. I plan to leave the integrated HU as it is and plan to upgrade the speakers alone. I mostly hear slow melodies, instrumental and classical music at low volume. At low volume the stock speakers let the outside and engine noise to mix in and the minute details are missing in the music hence this upgrade.

Here are my doubts and I really want your expert opinion to decide.

1. What size of speaker will really fit into Dzire? I saw the size as 6.5" in some websites and 6" in some others. I am confused here and I assume the front and rear speaker's size should be 6.5".

2. For the front I am confused between the following two component speakers
a. Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 (230 USD)
b. Alpine SPX-17PRO (419 USD)

3. For the rear I am confused between the following two coax speakers
a. Infinity Kappa 63.9i (130 USD)
b. Alpine SPR-17C (120 USD)

4. For the amplifier I am considering Infinity KAPPA FOUR (300 USD).

Please advice me on the above with the pros and cons of each. I am returning to India next month and I am planning to source it from US. What else I should buy along with these items for installing them in India?

Also please suggest a good place to fit the system in Chennai.

Thanks in advance,
Old 20th February 2012, 00:35   #2
BHPian

Answers in bold.
Considering the equipment you intend to buy , its worthless without a sound processor ,since you want to retain the stock hu. Look at audison bit10 or similar accordingly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner
Hi Friends,

I am planning to upgrade the stock system in my Dzire. I plan to leave the integrated HU as it is and plan to upgrade the speakers alone. I mostly hear slow melodies, instrumental and classical music at low volume. At low volume the stock speakers let the outside and engine noise to mix in and the minute details are missing in the music hence this upgrade.

Here are my doubts and I really want your expert opinion to decide.

1. What size of speaker will really fit into Dzire? I saw the size as 6.5" in some websites and 6" in some others. I am confused here and I assume the front and rear speaker's size should be 6.5".
6.5"

2. For the front I am confused between the following two component speakers
a. Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 (230 USD)
b. Alpine SPX-17PRO (419 USD)

3. For the rear I am confused between the following two coax speakers
a. Infinity Kappa 63.9i (130 USD)
b. Alpine SPR-17C (120 USD)
Try if you can audition the speakers somewhere , your ears would be the best judge
4. For the amplifier I am considering Infinity KAPPA FOUR (300 USD).

Please advice me on the above with the pros and cons of each. I am returning to India next month and I am planning to source it from US. What else I should buy along with these items for installing them in India?
Decent amp wiring kit

Also please suggest a good place to fit the system in Chennai.

Thanks in advance,
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 02:00   #3
BHPian

Re: Speakers and Amp for Dzire VDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Answers in bold.
Considering the equipment you intend to buy , its worthless without a sound processor ,since you want to retain the stock hu. Look at audison bit10 or similar accordingly.
Thanks for your inputs. I have some doubts on the same.
1. Can you please tell me more about the signal processor and why it is required?
2. If I buy one where will it be fitted in the car?
3. Where from the signal processor gets the input and to where its out put is fed?
4. When searching the net i have found the following two signal processors,
a. Alpine PXE-H660 (250 USD) Alpine PXE-H660 System Integration IMPRINT Sound Audio Processor
b. Kicker ZX10SUM8 (200 USD) Kicker ZX10SUM8 Zero Summing Device for OEM Integration, 10ZXSUM8

The above processors are considerably high in cost. Please advice me if there are any VFM alternatives are available.

Thanks,
Old 20th February 2012, 10:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
3. Where from the signal processor gets the input and to where its out put is fed?
4. When searching the net i have found the following two signal processors,
a. Alpine PXE-H660
b. Kicker ZX10SUM8
The Alpine (dont know about Kicker) offers you many features. It allows you to use your stock OE HU and you can equalise and time align the sound (via it;s microphone) for any amp-speaker you care to upgrade to.

The processor is usually kept out of sight. My wife's is kept in the boot of her car. It is connected between the HU and the amplifer(s).
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 11:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The Alpine (dont know about Kicker) offers you many features. It allows you to use your stock OE HU and you can equalise and time align the sound (via it;s microphone) for any amp-speaker you care to upgrade to.

The processor is usually kept out of sight. My wife's is kept in the boot of her car. It is connected between the HU and the amplifer(s).
Thanks Navin sir, Is it possible to fit the signal processor behind the OEM HU? In between i have found one more signal processor which is comparatively less is price.

Hifonics Maxxsonics MX-1 (80 USD) Hifonics MX-1 (mx1) Premium High-to-Low Level Converter for OEM

How the above signal processor is helpful for my requirement?

Thanks,
Old 20th February 2012, 13:25   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How the above signal processor is helpful for my requirement?
This is a very simple machine compared to the Alpine. It offers no Time Alignment and only bass EQ. The Alpine offers TA as well as auto EQ or each speaker. Given it's price it may be good VFM but I have not used it or heard it.
Old 20th February 2012, 16:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Since this is a Swift Dzire, instead of investing in a budget processor, I would suggest you get a HU with the console adapter. It would look neat and the output would also be far superior.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 20:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Since this is a Swift Dzire, instead of investing in a budget processor, I would suggest you get a HU with the console adapter. It would look neat and the output would also be far superior.
Thanks Nitrous. Can you please tell me any specific models for Dzire with the console adapter option?

Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 20:25   #9
BHPian

Sorry my question is a bit but are you buying the equipment from a retail store or buying it online? If online please share the website.
Old 20th February 2012, 23:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nitrous. Can you please tell me any specific models for Dzire with the console adapter option?

Thanks
Are you looking for a double din head which would have a 7" display and can play dvds or a single din player that just plays audio?

Last edited by nitrous : 21st February 2012 at 00:09.
Old 21st February 2012, 02:08   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Sorry my question is a bit but are you buying the equipment from a retail store or buying it online? If online please share the website.
Hi Ricky,

I am currently looking into www.sonicelectronix.com and once I finalise my options I will look other online buying options where I can get the items for lesser price and more reliable (vendor).
Old 21st February 2012, 03:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Are you looking for a double din head which would have a 7" display and can play dvds or a single din player that just plays audio?
I am open to double both DIN and Single DIN.

I am only bothered about the looks of the panel once I replace the stock HU. It may not be same clean look once I replace the stock HU's panel. So is there any option avalable like removing the hardware behind the stock HU panel and replace it with new one and then connecting the stock HU's front panel with the new hardware using a harness.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st February 2012, 14:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Pretty easy to source the OE console adapter for the Swift.
Once installed, it would look stock.
Sample: DerJunge's Zxi that came with a stock HU that got replaced with a single din installed using the adapter.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...u-ken7016l.jpg

Search through the forum and you'll find plenty of swifts with aftermarket HUs that were installed this way.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:59   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Pretty easy to source the OE console adapter for the Swift.
Once installed, it would look stock.
Sample: DerJunge's Zxi that came with a stock HU that got replaced with a single din installed using the adapter.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...u-ken7016l.jpg

Search through the forum and you'll find plenty of swifts with aftermarket HUs that were installed this way.
Hi Nitrous,

The information you provided is really helpful.Thanks a lot. In between I have sent a PM to DerJunge on the subject. As I have hardly a week of time for my India trip it will be really tough in deciding on HU and procuring. I am going to order the other things in a day or two.

thanks,
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:36   #15
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have searched the net and found the following best possible deals

Front Comp: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 (195 USD) ~ 9750 Rs
Rear Coax: Infinity Kappa 63.9i (89 USD) ~ 4450 Rs.
Amp: Infinity KAPPA FOUR (246 USD) ~ 12300 Rs
Damping: Dynamat Xtreme 36' Bulk Pack (150 USD) ~ 7500 Rs

Can you please suggest if the above prices are cheaper compared to India? Also please suggest me a reliable shop in Chennai where I can inquire about the prices.

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks