Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 20:26   #61
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a weird issue:-
I have a set of JBL speakers in my car connected to a Sony Amp. All was fine until I gave my car for service. I told them specifically not to spray water on these 2. Now, when i play some tunes as the volume increases, I can hear speaker vibrations. How do I fix this?
Old 29th April 2010, 16:13   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Hmm... Interesting stuff...

Secure the HU!!
Most installers install the head unit in the standard sleeve that comes with the HU. All thieves have the so called 'keys' required to unlock the HU and in a lot of cars its very easy to forcibly push out the HU by getting one hand behind the dash. If your car has a removable center facia (Getz, Optra etc), you need to ensure your HU is installed from behind the facia and held in place by screws (see the Getz thread). You can also attach a pull contact sensor to your HU and integrate it with your security system. So if someone yanks out your HU, he will set of the alarm. This is especially useful when you hand out your keys to strangers in Valet type situations. Here is what a pull contact sensor looks like:

Hi Gunbir,

Is it possible to do the same in an Esteem? I mean screwing it on from the back as I dont think the centre facia of the Esteem can support it.

Regards,
Rishi
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:20   #63
BHPian

how to secure our ICE.

this is the tread to discuss what can be done to ensure maximum safety for the ICE stuff .in cities like mumbai and delhi just normal remote central locking systym hardly helps.i have seen many cases when thieves just broke the glass and remove the stuff like HU,amp.speakers.
Old 24th April 2011, 00:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Re: how to secure our ICE.

Nothing much can be done to secure ICE systems in our cars. Most security systems have failed to protect them and hardly can protect speakers/woofers etc. Only way to minimize the risk is to remove the front panel of the system and keep it away from car when parked. But some can’t even do this, like many cars such as ANHC/SX4 has integrated music system.
Old 24th April 2011, 15:54   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Nothing much can be done to secure ICE systems in our cars. Most security systems have failed to protect them and hardly can protect speakers/woofers etc. Only way to minimize the risk is to remove the front panel of the system and keep it away from car when parked. But some can’t even do this, like many cars such as ANHC/SX4 has integrated music system.
Isn't an integrated music system better? All the fixtures are to the centre console; hence flicking a centre console would be a lotta work.

As a habit, I always take the front panel out; almost everyone who sits in my car finds it funny but I still do it.

Stories about such thefts on FC Rd, Pune while I was very young have made a strong imprint!

PS : I think the HU can be used even without the front panel. Go to JC rd, Bangalore some time and you'll see those guys messing around the HU motherboards to make some other front panel compatible to them.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th April 2011 at 15:55.
Old 24th April 2011, 17:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

no need to open a new thread. discussions are on here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...em-secure.html
Old 24th April 2011, 17:44   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Isn't an integrated music system better? All the fixtures are to the centre console; hence flicking a centre console would be a lotta work.
Its true that integrated systems are better and much safe but I have seen in one of the ANHC ownership thread here on team-bhp that the system was entirely cut off and stolen. There is a picture also in that thread but I didn't remember whose thread it was.
Old 24th April 2011, 23:16   #68
BHPian

Re: Must read - Keeping your Car Audio System secure

i have already fitted nippon original MGA systym to my car.can i add ultrasonic sytem to this one.or what is the other option?
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:15   #69
BHPian

I wonder how safe the central locking with alarms come in i10 1.2? It came along with the car ...i mean the one with Hyundai printed on top of the lock/unlock key chain.

I am going to get a HU with LCD screen and unfortunately the front panel cannot be detached.

In my neighbourhood, the rear quarter glass of my friends Santro was shattered and the HU was stolen recently.

My fears have gone into a level high after reading this thread.

Any suggestions ...anyone. Please:
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:37   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2drive View Post
I wonder how safe the central locking with alarms come in i10 1.2? It came along with the car ...i mean the one with Hyundai printed on top of the lock/unlock key chain.

In my neighbourhood, the rear quarter glass of my friends Santro was shattered and the HU was stolen recently.
First of all, do check if you can get a system with Face detachable panel. A model above / below your model selected or a similar model with other suppliers should do the trick. This will buy you peace of mind.

You would need a Centrol locking system with audio system protection. Autocop offers the same.

Secondly, you could have a motion sensor in the security system, which is fit inside the cabin, which sounds an alarm on detecting motion. Autocop top model comes with motion sensors.

Thirdly, invest on "Security Film" for the quarter glass only. This would set you back by Rs 2000/- (for both sides). Security Film ensures your quarter glass cannot be broken.

This should keep most thieves away.

If you are worried about alarm not being audible, in a situation where you have parked your car at the street corner and say gone to a restaurant for Lunch, you may want to invest in a basic GSM Security system for about 8000/-which detects intrusion and sends you an SMS.

Eventhough it takes only about 45 secs to remove the stereo, you could at least prevent further damage.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 2nd February 2012 at 18:42.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 23:23   #71

Question to all experts,

Are those integrated stereo specifically designed for a particular car in mind like example; For Maruti Ritz = Alpine Double DIN stereo sold as MGA at maruti showroom,

Are they hard to remove by Car Thieves if they able to break into Car in parking space like Shopping Mall or Parked Car in the road ? Right ?

Please let me know....I don't want to throw my hard money into water.
Old 28th May 2013, 13:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel2007 View Post
... Are those integrated stereo specifically designed for a particular car in mind like example ...
Not exactly, but in a way yes. Only the plastic plate that covers and mechanical mounting of knobs and buttons are car specific. If you compare with after-market 'stereos', this is the equivalent of the front plate that can be removed and taken away (deterrent). With an integrated stereo you can't.

Quote:
... Are they hard to remove by Car Thieves if they able to break into Car in parking space like Shopping Mall or Parked Car in the road ? Right ? ...
To a casual thief, it is difficult. But then, most thieves who can get past the car's locking system are determined and knowledgeable enough. Shopping Mall parking is generally safe (since there enough people moving around). Parking on a road with no one around for a long time is not, since no one is watching.

Quote:
... I don't want to throw my hard money into water.
There is a vernacular saying in your parts: "Eating from the floor when afraid of thieves (stealing the dinner plates)"! Paranoia will only prevent you from enjoying, baba - maybe ignorance is really bliss? Most people don't worry; many people put a security system as a deterrent.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 22:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Not exactly, but in a way yes. Only the plastic plate that covers and mechanical mounting of knobs and buttons are car specific. If you compare with after-market 'stereos', this is the equivalent of the front plate that can be removed and taken away (deterrent). With an integrated stereo you can't.

To a casual thief, it is difficult. But then, most thieves who can get past the car's locking system are determined and knowledgeable enough. Shopping Mall parking is generally safe (since there enough people moving around). Parking on a road with no one around for a long time is not, since no one is watching.

There is a vernacular saying in your parts: "Eating from the floor when afraid of thieves (stealing the dinner plates)"! Paranoia will only prevent you from enjoying, baba - maybe ignorance is really bliss? Most people don't worry; many people put a security system as a deterrent.
oh my goodness!

This thread is scaring me.. As DelArte knows I was planning to install a touch screen HU which is quite expensive.. Now seeing this thread It makes me to re-think is it worth the trouble.

We install expensive system to enjoy the integrated system which makes streamlines routine activities.
But on the contrary if we always have to be bothered about removing the top panel of HU wheenver we park the car and always bothered about it all the benefits seem to be nullified with the stress of worry

In my old zen with its simple casette player and radio I never ever bothered even a bit about my HU
Old 20th February 2014, 23:23   #74
BHPian

WHao!!!

I am never going to leave my Xing in the open parking agian. Going to wait till I get a slot even if I've to go 20 minutes early to work.

What options do I have really? I have the central locking system that came with the car.

All I'm looking for is a killswitch and advice on how to set up a foolproof way of triggering the alarm ( I'm thinking a pressure switch under the driver seat? Sure to blow if someone came through the window) before someone pops the hood and bypasses the battery.

What options do we have to insure ICE stuff?
Old 25th August 2014, 13:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

My ICE consists of a a Pioneer 8490BT, and 4 Sony screens (XVM-B62) that are mounted on the headrests.
Here's what I do...
When I leave the car parked at an unknown place, I take the HU faceplate off , and drape a towel over the screens. That way at least its not visible.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks