Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2006, 11:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
i think one can achieve this with stuffing poly-fill to the fullest in the door panel or is there some other dumping material as well?. wotsay?
No. Firstly, your door has moving parts in it (windows scissor mechanism etc) so you cant really stuff the door with anything.. Secondly, Polyfill, foam etc will retain moisture which will lead to accelerated corrosion and rotting of your doors.

You need damping sheets like Dynamat.
Old 30th April 2006, 22:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also, where do u mount tweeter in this set up?
Found it...

Old 30th April 2006, 23:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

gr8 guns....gunman! thanks a lot for the pictorial representation!
Old 1st May 2006, 16:44   #19
BANNED

Hey GUN,
Could you please help us to figure out how should we use dynamat in the doors for dampening. I want to do it in my ALTO as I am fitting 5.25" components in it.
Old 1st May 2006, 18:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Hey GUN,
Could you please help us to figure out how should we use dynamat in the doors for dampening. I want to do it in my ALTO as I am fitting 5.25" components in it.
Speedzak... I'll try to revert with a how-to thread. But that may take some time...
In the meantime, read up on the resources on Dynamats tech page
http://www.dynamat.com/technical_sou...tes_intro.html
http://www.dynamat.com/faqs_faqs.html
Feel free to ask questions here if you have any.
Old 1st May 2006, 23:44   #21
Team-BHP Support

nice gunbir...love your show and tell pics...

there are many 4" components out there. mate them to a 6" woofer and you can make your own 3 way speaker by modifying the crossover.
Old 2nd May 2006, 00:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

okok, just show me how it can be done for a Xing!
Old 2nd May 2006, 04:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
there are many 4" components out there. mate them to a 6" woofer and you can make your own 3 way speaker by modifying the crossover.
boss, can u elaborate how?? am actually looking fwd to buy a 3 way, but budget doesnt permits me!
Old 2nd May 2006, 09:35   #24
Team-BHP Support

step by step (with no pics - but I am sure gunbir can provide the pics).

1. get 4" components.
2. get appropriate 6" woofer

the 4" components come with a 2 way crossover which is a paralleled LP and HP network.

now add a LP and HP network at say 100-150Hz a better way is to use an amp with this network and use 2 LP channels for the 6" woofer and 2 HP channels for the 4" component set.
Old 2nd May 2006, 10:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
You need damping sheets like Dynamat.
What would be a cheaper alternative, if there is one availble locally? (i know of other brands like RAAmat, fatmat etc... but im talking real cheap alternative). I will go with dynamat for my next car but currently if i put in 6.5" front compo's in my santro I will definately need some dampening as the car is built like a tin can !!
Old 2nd May 2006, 12:01   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
yup JK, infinity has a 3 way but all for $ 250 - 300 and above (at least here in US)

so just sticking to JBL, economical, good sound....and above all sam wd be happy!

LOL by that logic, I should be happier when you buy Infinity panky- it's the same company
Old 2nd May 2006, 17:03   #27
BANNED

Thank you GUNbir for that!
I think this will solve my probs!

BTW, is it advisable to install 6X9 Blaupunkt velocity speakers in my rear door panels of ALTO? I want to keep the boot free from a parcel tray, that's it!
Old 2nd May 2006, 17:15   #28
Team-BHP Support

a 6x9 in the rear door might not fit. if you manage to shoehorn it in it would work well. I would choose between a 4 ro 5" for the rear door.

every speaker needs room to breathe and bigger speakers need more room (very generic statement)
Old 2nd May 2006, 17:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

How abt two custom made boxes for Alto, that fit at the ends of teh boot? You get stuff like these here anyway.
Old 2nd May 2006, 18:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
step by step (with no pics - but I am sure gunbir can provide the pics).

1. get 4" components.
2. get appropriate 6" woofer

the 4" components come with a 2 way crossover which is a paralleled LP and HP network.

now add a LP and HP network at say 100-150Hz a better way is to use an amp with this network and use 2 LP channels for the 6" woofer and 2 HP channels for the 4" component set.
There is a lot more than adding just LP and HP filters. The drivers are aligned to each other in the passive crossover to use in the car environment and moreover the voicing, sensitivity and timbre of each driver is matched in a three way component to give a coherent sound, rather than each driver blowing their own trumpet.

In a three way component the midrange is the most important and critical driver and is the most expensive component in the whole set in majority cases. The midrange driver of 4" component cannot match the performance of these dedicated midranges when it comes to reproducing complex midrange passages of music and female voices.

I suggest if someone want to use three way, use the properly designed three way system which will save on the hassle and save on the amplifier channels.

For DIY and experimenting with different drivers Go Active !!! (then you have to spend on multiple amplifiers and active crossovers) For three way front stage you need 6-Ch of amplification + 2 ch for rear fills if any + Mono for subwoofer if any.

So I suggest go for passive 3-Ways...its easier on pocket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks