Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 12:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Navin, the easiest way to tell is..All Audiobahn products come with a 'Product ID' card and a 'No Postage in US and Canada' American Warranty Card. I'm sure these were not a part of the package. This is besides the fact that I know almost certainly that Audiobahn never made a cap of that value.

I don't blame the retailer for stuff like this. In fact, I'm sure the guy who sold this had no idea himself whether it was real or a fake.

In fact, there is a decent amount of fake/ older or discontinued/ B-stock/ refurbished Audiobahn, JBL, Kicker, and JL Audio comps, tweeter kits and enclosed subs in Bombay. Thats why, like the gurus have always professed, buy official audio! Or suffer!
Old 9th May 2006, 12:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

is this the capacitor?

If these are the ones, I've seen them and they dont look fake to me. In fact we used 4 of them in the eyeballer. Venu has seen the capaictor and it looked pretty original to him too. I just called preetam and he has the box it came in with all the papers inside. I dont think audiobahn has them on the 2006 website though.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 9th May 2006 at 12:56.
Old 9th May 2006, 12:58   #18
Team-BHP Support

Yes Sam, this is the one.
I'll check the number from the body and let you guys know.
Old 9th May 2006, 13:00   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Also, those 4 capacitors were sold to us and fitted by Deepak Asrani, who has an excellent reputation. I do not believe they are fake.
Old 9th May 2006, 13:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

... Rudra...

Glad to able to contribute in some miniscule fashion..

GB/Venu : Please shed some light on what exactly was done for everyone's benefit..
Old 9th May 2006, 13:29   #21
Team-BHP Support

Great write up Rudra. Glad to know your ICE is finally perfect. Heck, I didn't know you had this problem in the first place.
Old 9th May 2006, 13:37   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Great write up Rudra. Glad to know your ICE is finally perfect.
Finally perfect!! I don't know. Bass&Trouble got a new angle now. Need to sort this Trouble out any which way..
Old 9th May 2006, 13:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Finally perfect!! I don't know. Bass&Trouble got a new angle now. Need to sort this Trouble out any which way..
Why don't you drive down to SoundFactor and check the packing etc? I am sure you cna make out if its a fake by looking at the packing/warranty/other papers. You'll also get the exact model number which can be searched.
Old 9th May 2006, 13:50   #24
BHPian

Ok i like to share what was exactly the problem in Rudra Sir's vehicle.

He had the rooflight and headlight blinking when he was playing his music in car. Understood that this problem started when he got the 4channel amplifier installed and continued to be their even after installing the 2channel amplifier.

My first doubt was with the battery 2nd doubt was may be the ampifier is drawing too much power from the battery ( defective amplifier).

so i started, called my installer Vijay asked him to open up the front panel and check if they have used the preamp out or did they use the high to low converters in the car as these high to low level connector's are mostly defective.
when we opened the front panel it was shocking to see a very bad install (all the wires had not been taped properly and everything was left loose) and the preamp connectors were used. The speaker wires connector should have been removed or these wires had to be taped seperately - the problem was when the wires were taped seperately by the previous installer he has my mistake taped and shorted the positive and negative speaker wires creating a short link in the system amplifier stage drawing more power than required. Bingo the moment this was removed complete problem ( dancing lights) was solved.

That's all it is.
Old 9th May 2006, 13:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Navin, the easiest way to tell is..All Audiobahn products come with a 'Product ID' card and a 'No Postage in US and Canada' American Warranty Card. ...In fact, there is a decent amount of fake/ older or discontinued/ B-stock/ refurbished Audiobahn, JBL, Kicker, and JL Audio comps, tweeter kits and enclosed subs in Bombay....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
is this the capacitor?

If these are the ones, I've seen them and they dont look fake to me.... I dont think audiobahn has them on the 2006 website though.
Ouch I sure hope Sam is right but I get the feeling B&T might be right here. Ouch! Ouch! So much fake stuff here even we are getting confused.

this guy said it best...
"This capacitor you have will not make any difference and the 1 Farad car capacitors won't help your lights either (unless maybe you had a boot full).

The reason kids put a 1 Farad capacitor on their amp is to hold the voltage up at the amplifier end, not at the battery / alternator end which is what your lights are wired to
"

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...?postid=551618

Last edited by navin : 9th May 2006 at 13:58.
Old 9th May 2006, 15:19   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kURETI
when we opened the front panel it was shocking to see a very bad install (all the wires had not been taped properly and everything was left loose) and the preamp connectors were used. The speaker wires connector should have been removed or these wires had to be taped seperately - the problem was when the wires were taped seperately by the previous installer he has my mistake taped and shorted the positive and negative speaker wires creating a short link in the system amplifier stage drawing more power than required. Bingo the moment this was removed complete problem ( dancing lights) was solved.

That's all it is.
Aha!! Now there's something I didnt think of. I took it for granted that whoever had fit the HU must have taped the speaker wires up. Good going Venu, I did not think of it.

Now for my comments on Rudra's thread

I suspect this man has done an intense study in single malt before waxing in his inimitable style.
Rudra, you know i love you right?

Rudra and I have shared many fun emotions, appreciated dancing albeit neither of us did dance, thank the lord for that (we watched a very beautiful and talented lady perform instead and if she's reading, I'm waving out to her) and listened to some great music over some great whisky.

There was a question about his poison? Singularly single, mostly unpronouncable malt whisky.

Quote:
Sam like a true friend believes that I’m of the kind who’ll spend money for no rhyme or reason. His point was very clear: Live with what you have. ....

You’re too finicky. Nonetheless he threatened me saying he’ll stop calling me a friend..
Boys and boys of all ages let me introduce you to an old man who's middle name is finicky.
Quote:
With such reassuring statements and lot of booze and good times he left me for Bombay. Coming back home in the middle of the night and in the river of dreams I was engulfed with the same problem.
(I'm dancing and singing for you, watch closely)
In the middle of the night
I go walking in my sleep
From the mountains of faith
To the river so deep
Quote:
Feeling deeply depressed and finding no hope in the horizon, I checked with Preetam of Sound Factor. He asked me to hook up a 1.2 F capacitor. If nothing, it would handle my low frequency issue.
One 1.2 F Audiobhan capacitor, that looks like a time bomb parked next to my 4 channel amplifier. His logic was impeccable. Since this blinking problem was there from the very beginning, it should be connected there only. Long distance discussion with brother Sam ensured that I only pay if I’m happy with (if any) improvement.
If you remember, i told you it wont work, thats not the problem. Something was drawing too much current, I assumed it was the amp. I am really happy Venu discovered it was the HU instead.
Quote:
It’s a colossal waste.
The last time I got drunk, I came here, somewhere in some thread and told everyone that all audio was a total waste of money and we should have our money for love and sex.
Rudra ke saath, sex toh nahi milega. Love toh lots milta hai.
Old 9th May 2006, 15:30   #27
Team-BHP Support

Rudra, put that whisky down and junk the cap. it looks like a time bomb but does little.
Old 9th May 2006, 15:37   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree, you dont need a capacitor in the first place. Save the money for a good Laphroaig.
Old 9th May 2006, 15:52   #29
BHPian

dont worry rudra
as sam and navin express - i agree too
these little (rather big) capacitor is ok even if take 50% loss in this so called fake capacitor 0.5Fd is more than sufficeint in your car and the price you got this cap is good so dont worry on this timebomb we shall give it some time to explod on this own ----- i guess i have set unlimited time ---- please do check the timing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to ensure that this will not explod (not sony explod) hahhhahahahha
Old 9th May 2006, 15:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

THE CAPT is BAK!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks