Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2006, 15:04   #1

lightning audio beast subwoofer

hi any body has used lightning audio beast subwoofer with removable neodium magnet?????????
Old 13th May 2006, 15:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDLOVER
hi any body has used lightning audio beast subwoofer with removable neodium magnet?????????
No. Never bothered much with LA. I find their products avoidable at best...
Old 13th May 2006, 16:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why on earth would someone want to remove a neodymium magnet? Unless it's hit by lightning I guess!
Old 13th May 2006, 17:10   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

too funny.
Old 13th May 2006, 18:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Why on earth would someone want to remove a neodymium magnet? Unless it's hit by lightning I guess!
No No B&T...Its just a way to show off...because LA might have imprinted "Neodymium" on the inner side of the magnet..
Or they have thought logically, in case magnet loses its BL, the customer can put a new magnet. Hence saves money. What say Navin.....

Also you have to unscrew the subs out of the box everytime you want to show off the magnets.

The other way is to mount the subs inverted, in which case they are prone to theft. Thief eloping with removable "expensive neodymium" LA magnets.

Last edited by Autophile : 13th May 2006 at 18:59.
Old 13th May 2006, 19:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wrong wrong. I just called a friend up who uses the sub and he said you guys are a bunch of jokers who have no clue about the Lightning Audio subwoofer.

There are several other applications of the subwoofer magnet, hence the provision for detachment.

1. It makes a damn good paperweight. In fact it's so good, it's almost like a tableweight, so now you dont have to worry about a strong wind blowing away your precious tables. Happens in Florida a lot, you know?

2. If your kid brother won't let you watch your favorite "Kyunki Saas..." soap on television (I reckoned that if you'd go out and buy LA, you must like Balaji soaps), you can clobber him over the head with it and peacefully reconcile with the remote. And if your mom disapproves of your behavior towards your not-so-well-meaning sibling, you can plonk her too. Ek magnet do nishaan!

3. It's a great replacement for refrigerator sticker magnets gone bad. Wear Doc Marts while opening the refrigerator door though!

4. It has unparalleled magnetotherapy properties for sleep-deprived individuals. Strap one to your tummy before you kick the bucket and you aint gettin outta bed ever again.

5. You can get a place in the record books if you can string one to your bollocks. However, don't try this at home. . . do it in a public place like a park instead so that your neighbours can see what a twat you are!
Old 13th May 2006, 19:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

HAR HAR HAR .... B&T... Your best one YET!!...
Old 13th May 2006, 20:40   #8
BHPian

never thought of so many applications of LA removable Neo magnet
Old 13th May 2006, 20:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hehehehehehhehe... wicked bunch of nuts you all are...
Old 13th May 2006, 21:38   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

hahahaha

I want to vote this thread 5 star!! But I promise you, all the important people for ICE, except Navin will get banned. That also because Navin will do the banning.

Meanwhile B&T, hmm.. neodymium on bollocks. Thats some BEASTly magnet therapy
Old 15th May 2006, 00:16   #11
Team-BHP Support

wonder why we call NdFeB magnets as neodynium when Iron (Fe) is the single largest component. th most common from of NdFeB has two atoms of Neodymium (Nd), 14 atoms of Iron (Fe), and one atom of Boron (B).

That said unless one has a variety of magnets in one's protfolio I see no reason to make the magnet removeable. NdFeB magnets are pretty fragile and have to be bonded or encased or surface treated using Zinc, Nickel, Tin, Silver, Phosphor and Spray Epoxy Resin etc to make them toleratant to mechanical mistreatment.

The banter on this thread hardly qualifies for banning.

Lastly given the magnetic properties of NdFeB I would say that most of what B&T subscribes wont be possible. A NdFeB magnet required for subs wold be about 1/4 the size of a Ferrite magnet. So one would replace a 50oz ferrite magnet with a 12 oz NdFeB magnet. 12 oz is about the weight of a can of soda pop - not much of a table weight.
Old 15th May 2006, 12:53   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
wonder why we call NdFeB magnets as neodynium when Iron (Fe) is the single largest component. th most common from of NdFeB has two atoms of Neodymium (Nd), 14 atoms of Iron (Fe), and one atom of Boron (B).

That said unless one has a variety of magnets in one's protfolio I see no reason to make the magnet removeable. NdFeB magnets are pretty fragile and have to be bonded or encased or surface treated using Zinc, Nickel, Tin, Silver, Phosphor and Spray Epoxy Resin etc to make them toleratant to mechanical mistreatment.

The banter on this thread hardly qualifies for banning.

Lastly given the magnetic properties of NdFeB I would say that most of what B&T subscribes wont be possible. A NdFeB magnet required for subs wold be about 1/4 the size of a Ferrite magnet. So one would replace a 50oz ferrite magnet with a 12 oz NdFeB magnet. 12 oz is about the weight of a can of soda pop - not much of a table weight.
AHAHAHA Navin can say the funniest of things without even making a joke.

Navin, everything you said is spot on correct, however i was seeing little black spots when i finished reading that. The poor soul who asked an opinion on this subwoofer must be right now.
Kya poocha, full gobbledy-gook jawaab mila.
Old 15th May 2006, 22:40   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
AHAHAHA Navin can say the funniest of things without even making a joke.

Navin, everything you said is spot on correct, however i was seeing little black spots when i finished reading that. The poor soul who asked an opinion on this subwoofer must be right now.
Kya poocha, full gobbledy-gook jawaab mila.
I'm sorry.
Old 16th May 2006, 12:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

nice one B&T..............
Old 5th September 2006, 14:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

B&T, this is hilarious stuff man. i thoroughly enjoyed it. it sort of woke me up from my afternoon nap. LOL.

some more uses for the magnet

1. When you are having dinner & the delicious curry is on the other end of the table, you could use this powerful magnet to pull the curry to your side.

2. You could simply pull it along the road & by the time you reach home, you will be richer by 5 kg of (s)crap.

3. While the amps are driving the subs & components, this magnet when detached could drive your car, without wasting precious gas, when 2 of them are pitted against each other (Similar Poles).

B&T, are you a regular reader of MAD ? i think it shows that you are. lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks