Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2006, 16:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
B&T, I spoke to anwar and he is against both the amps, He is giving me a budjet of 15k, or dont do it, I think I will wait for some time and get it done properly!
What will be the break-up of the budget? Where exactly does he want to spend the 15k? Does it involve changing your existing subwoofer also?
Old 24th May 2006, 00:28   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
Speedzak, The custom enclosures on your doors, What is it made of?? Looks like the door pockets have gone for a toss.. How did he fix it?
The enclosures on my front door was made out of MDF and got it covered with a nice carpet fabric. It was designed to completely cover the pockets as I didnt like the look with half the pocket peeping out. And the door pads where not cut to place the speakers, only the pockets where cut little bit.

Hope you understand it.
Old 24th November 2006, 15:41   #33
BHPian

Okay me back with a query again, And this is one place wherin you get all your answers quickly, I got pio 6850 for my car and apart from that the setup remains the same

Pio 450w speakers, sony 4 channel amp, and pio 800w subwoofer. It has been a while and I am planning to have component speakers and a two channel amp to drive them...

The replies that I recieved was before 6 months or so.. What do you guys suggest?
Old 24th November 2006, 16:32   #34
BANNED

Hmmm..... Good idea!

Instead of powering the components from it, power the Sub using it. And power all the speakers from your 4 channel amp.
Old 24th November 2006, 16:47   #35
BHPian

Hey thanks zak, as usual, Prompt in replying.. I am coming home for x-mas, Bringing my car as well, Why dont we meet-up?

I am looking at entry level stuff... This is what I got after surfing e-bay!What do u think?? Will the speakers sit on the front pod?

eBay India: JBL GTO427, 4" 2-Way Coaxial Loudspeakers (Pair) (item 320050403020 end time 24-Nov-2006 21:57:06 IST)

eBay India: Sony XM502Z 2 Channel 500 watts In-car Amplifier :Bill (item 320052089632 end time 24-Nov-2006 16:56:50 IST)
Old 24th November 2006, 17:07   #36
BANNED

Sir, (Knights are supposed to be called that way right?)

I don't see a component in your links. JBL 427 is co-axials. JBL 507 Components is what you need for the Alto. They cost somewhere around 4.5k I think.

Go to Soundfactor in Lavelle road and have a look at the speakers there. That'll give you pretty much a good idea.
If you want to look at other stuff than JBL, then go to Sprocket in Koramangala. They stock a lot of different brands of speakers. Watch for Hertz there!!

OT!!
We'll be having a Team-BHP meet sometime after Xmas! C ya there! Why didnt you come for Sam's Party dude?????
Old 24th November 2006, 17:53   #37
BHPian

Ha ha ha u got me there man... Wrong one yea....My bad...

Yea, pretty familiar with all the places, Got woofer rings from sprocket..

Good quality as far as the finish is concerned... Will ask anwar, Let's see how much is he quoting for it....

Will be in cochin for a while, My sisters wedding.. So let's c if we can meetup...... Dude, I hardly work and the party happened when I was supposed to work hard.. ha ha Quite a loss actualy..

What do u think about the amp??
Old 24th November 2006, 20:20   #38
BHPian

Okay, need help here, Anwar is quoting 15k with the instalation,
JBl 602 Amp
JBL 607 Compo's

What do you guys think??? Is the price reasonable? How about the amp and compos??

Zak... Where are u man?
Old 25th November 2006, 00:31   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Okay, need help here, Anwar is quoting 15k with the instalation,
JBl 602 Amp
JBL 607 Compo's

What do you guys think??? Is the price reasonable? How about the amp and compos??
Hmmmm.... That's just ok!

607 = 6k
602 AMP = 7k? (not sure)
Install+ cables = 2k!!
That's decent!!

The installation job he does is good. So, he should be pretty well able to stick it properly in front doors.

Contact Soundfactor for their prices also. And dont forget to mention
Team-BHP.

The amp and components are pretty good stuff. If you want to keep your budget a bit more lower, get CS series of components. (Though it's not recommended)!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks