Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2004, 16:09   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

iTrip for iPod

Am planning to get the iTrip for my iPod in a few days as i am sick of making 100s of cds for my car this seems like the easiest way to solve the problem. However i wanted to know how good the quality of this radio transmitter iTrip is? If anyone here is using the iTrip for their iPod do let me know how much quality do u lose? I dont want too loss too much quality in the bargain.
Old 16th August 2004, 16:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

Sahil,

The other option you have is getting an AUX cable for your system.
Is it a blaupunkt or alpine? (does it aldready have a CD-changer?)
Because you get a Rs 650/- AUX cable (for blaupunkt) that plugs into your CD changer port which you can plug directly into your iPod with much less loss in quality.

See if this is a viable option,
R

ps - why the itrip? i know a couple of people who have FM transmitters and i think they all have the Belkin one.....so just wondering.....

Old 16th August 2004, 16:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

Also, just as a theoretical point of reference,

Cd quality is 44.1Khz 16bit Stereo
Radio quality can be equated to 22Khz 8bit (Mono/Stereo)

R
Old 16th August 2004, 16:44   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Thnx for the reply Rehaan... The iTrip looks really neat and it is made for apple by i think Belkin only. I have the factory fitted Clarion system (Single Cd) in the accord so how do i go about getting the AUX thing for it? How is this AUX thing fitted?

Old 16th August 2004, 20:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hey Sahil,

Well its good news that you dont have a CD changer.
Why dont you give the accessories guy @ the honda showroom a call and ask him if he knows of an "auxilary input cable" for your system. Even if he doesnt, give some other car audio shops a call and check it out.

The Blaupunkt cable looks like this fyi >

So one end goes into the back of your head unit... and then the tricky part is the other end (with the 3.5mm headfone jack)....which needs to be pulled out from somewhere in your dash or under it... or maybe even the glove compartment!

cya
R
Old 16th August 2004, 22:11   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

u can also get a sony cass head....
its a cass. with a wire coming out of it from 1 end which is connected to the ipod andu put the cass in and play the son of yr choice on the ipod
my dads got the itrip....
it aint very good as its got a range of 1 meter only
i will ask him for details if u like
Old 16th August 2004, 22:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Aug. 16 2004,20:41)]u can also get a sony cass head....
Ahh!! old school

I totally forgot abt that....lol
used to use that with my discman b4 in dash CD players were affordable....

However do note that the quality will be better with the aux cable.

cya
R
Old 16th August 2004, 23:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (lamborghini @ Aug. 16 2004,20:41)]u can also get a sony cass head....
its a cass. with a wire coming out of it from 1 end which is connected to the ipod andu put the cass in and play the son of yr choice on the ipod
hey rehaan and lamborgini, how will u use a cass head in a single cd player??, cass head looks like a cassettte right?

i would suggest sahil go with the aux cable, better yet , if you have time go to the honda dealer and ask him to remove the head, most of the time the aux wire port looks like the normal ones in the tvs and vcds, ie one red and one black

u get sony aux wire for 80 bucks(looks same as rehaan pic , but instead of the purple thing u will have the read and white connectors), this is what i had done for my esteem which has a pioneer single cd player, i use a casette player with it
Old 17th August 2004, 01:16   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Aug. 16 2004,21:40)]hey rehaan and lamborgini, how will u use a cass head in a single cd player??, cass head looks like a cassettte right?
Lol,

I just assumed it was a 2DIN with cd & cassete in the accord since lambo mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
if you have time go to the honda dealer and ask him to remove the head, most of the time the aux wire port looks like the normal ones in the tvs and vcds, ie one red and one black
Hey aadix, what you are talking about are RCA plugs.
Actually that is just a roundabout way of doing it.
Instead of getting a direct 3.5mm to aux input, u will have to get a 3.5mm to RCA & RCA to auxinput.
However....if this cable has aldready been providedwith the head unit...then the 3.5mm to RCA will be a less expensive proposition.

A lot of head units have RCA outputs for amps etc... whether this one has a direct RCA input is worth a look at....

Check it out>

cya
R

Old 17th August 2004, 01:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

no r
think you didnt understand me
in my case my pioneer already had an aux in port in the form of those rca ports (ie those red and whit input slots, not the wire)

i bought the wire from a sony authorised centre, which had the red and white conncetrs and that 3.5 mm

bascially it was just like how you plug into a vcd player or a tv!

added after rehaan edited his post:

hey rehaan didnt see you editing the post, my wire is same as in the second pic of yours

looks like now we r on the same wave length!!

Old 17th August 2004, 16:07   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I will check for the AUX cable i think that would be the best option ... a close frnd of mine owns a shop on milan subway for all this ... i got my amp and woofer put in the accord thru him also so i will ask him abt it. I think a common AUX cable should fit in all deck makes. About the casstte thing, i was aware of that option and yes the panel is double din but i hate the whole cass hassel used to do it with my discman in the previous cars. The iTrip puts u to soo much ease man no wires thats the best part!

Old 17th August 2004, 16:24   #12
Team-BHP Support

straying a bit here, but have you guys heard about the Digisette. It looks and feels just like a regular cassette but is infact an MP3 player! You just pop it into our regular player like you would a cassette!

Pretty cool IMO.

Check out the review Here

Rtech
Old 17th August 2004, 17:18   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Aug. 17 2004,14:54)]It looks and feels just like a regular cassette but is infact an MP3 player! You just pop it into our regular player like you would a cassette!
Wow...thats really cool!!

R
Old 21st August 2004, 14:24   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

cool
anyone have prices or do i have to settle for a regular single din player ......
p.s
sahil how do u like ure honda supplied system abd spkrs
Old 21st August 2004, 21:26   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

@ lamborghini- The system that came with my accord is the double din Clarion not sure of the model number. I changed the speakers to pioneer 300W just the rear and have added a woofer and amp in the trunk on a box without any tray cutting.

Well i got the iTrip its good but not that clear... maybe i havent set it up too well sometimes there is a disturbence specially when i press the horn or put the rear defogger on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks