Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2006, 19:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
geez. Do I sound like that?
lol Navin... that was a compliment... I managed to sound half as knowledgable as you!!
Old 26th June 2006, 21:16   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
You had quite a lot of ampere to have the 1.5L audio on the Alto. Thats almost half the cost of the car .

Zuhemi's cousin is my close friend. Have visited Emperor so many times. Liked his old Sierra audio setup year back.

A tech question..Will I get good difference if I fit a pair of quality tweeters? Where is the apt location for install?
Visit my thread and you'll see I'm really gone off! Speaking absence of amperes here dude! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-gone-mad.html

Zuhemi is a guy who lives on audio! His tastes wont suite everybody though. His Sierra was a good setup. Maybe better than the Honda he has now. But wait for his next show car (Comin soon).
Next time you plan to visit Cochin PM me. So, You'll go mad too.

Tech question?? hmmm does it sound like one? You can improve it next time with some of that off-axis, on-axis, tech lingo borrowed from Kb100 next time to make it sound like one!
Ans: I wont really go for tweeters next time I do a setup like your's. I would rather dump that PIO front speakers and go for a decent 4" 2/3way co-axials for the front. Like: Alpine SPE-1003 etc.. which can produce clean highs. Those are available for almost same price of the tweeters. But now, you've already bought a front speaker, So I think if you're a bass man (I assume you are) then it's better not to buy it as it will make your system more harsh with the treble and it will sound very bright because you'll be running these from the HU without amps or any crossovers.
If you're more tempted towards highs and treble (I assume you're not) Then you can get those and hide it from the eye sight. I liked those to be fitted in the kickpads rather than A pillars in this type of setup without amps, compos etc..

Anyway, Do PM me when you want to upgrade ICE in your ALTO. I'll make sure you'll be very eager to spend money once you do that!!
Old 26th June 2006, 21:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Tweeters as a part of a component set ... YES you will... and the A pillar is the place to put it!.. But of course location is also dictated by whether the set itself has a good on-axis or an off-axis response..

Kb100, "good on-axis or an off-axis response" explaination sounds like greek and latin to me. (no offense)

Please expand the terms. I understood install location part.
Old 26th June 2006, 22:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Visit my thread and you'll see I'm really gone off! Speaking absence of amperes here dude! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-gone-mad.html

Zuhemi is a guy who lives on audio! His tastes wont suite everybody though. His Sierra was a good setup. Maybe better than the Honda he has now. But wait for his next show car (Comin soon).
Next time you plan to visit Cochin PM me. So, You'll go mad too.

Tech question?? hmmm does it sound like one? You can improve it next time with some of that off-axis, on-axis, tech lingo borrowed from Kb100 next time to make it sound like one!
Ans: I wont really go for tweeters next time I do a setup like your's. I would rather dump that PIO front speakers and go for a decent 4" 2/3way co-axials for the front. Like: Alpine SPE-1003 etc.. which can produce clean highs. Those are available for almost same price of the tweeters. But now, you've already bought a front speaker, So I think if you're a bass man (I assume you are) then it's better not to buy it as it will make your system more harsh with the treble and it will sound very bright because you'll be running these from the HU without amps or any crossovers.
If you're more tempted towards highs and treble (I assume you're not) Then you can get those and hide it from the eye sight. I liked those to be fitted in the kickpads rather than A pillars in this type of setup without amps, compos etc..

Anyway, Do PM me when you want to upgrade ICE in your ALTO. I'll make sure you'll be very eager to spend money once you do that!!
Speedzak, you are a awesome guy. Your assumptions of my needs were perfect. You explanation on the tweeters were simple to comprehend. You will make a gr8 salesman. I want to meet you in person when I am in Cochin next time.
Old 27th June 2006, 10:18   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
....to hear the difference between teh JBL CS and the popular Sony Explod. BTW Sony Explod outsells JBL esp at these price points.
To add to that Navin,

JBL is number 3 now (behind Pioneer speakers and sony speakers, in numbers of speakers sold in India, not discussing HUs here) and the gap is reducing.

Indians are no fools.
Old 27th June 2006, 11:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
To add to that Navin,

JBL is number 3 now (behind Pioneer speakers and sony speakers, in numbers of speakers sold in India, not discussing HUs here) and the gap is reducing.

Indians are no fools.
That Pio sales should be coz of the grey market rate..right?
Old 27th June 2006, 13:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
That Pio sales should be coz of the grey market rate..right?
Pioneer itself allowed the indian market to go grey. Why didnt they come to india in the proper route all this while, when they know Car audio in india means Pioneer??

Perhaps they were waiting for others to take the plunge or just disregarded the market. Pioneer was anyways selling in the Indian market.

When you have all the top car manufacturers wooing Indian buyers, why not these guys???
Old 27th June 2006, 14:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pioneer itself allowed the indian market to go grey. Why didnt they come to india in the proper route all this while, when they know Car audio in india means Pioneer??

Perhaps they were waiting for others to take the plunge or just disregarded the market. Pioneer was anyways selling in the Indian market.

When you have all the top car manufacturers wooing Indian buyers, why not these guys???
They are represented here in India, but teh products with B&W is too costly to make it VFM. Their website even has a link for products taht are available for India.
Old 27th June 2006, 16:12   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Speedzak, you are a awesome guy. Your assumptions of my needs were perfect. You explanation on the tweeters were simple to comprehend. You will make a gr8 salesman. I want to meet you in person when I am in Cochin next time.
Thanx for that nice words.

But Hey!! I dont sell car audio or anything like that.
I'm into construction and car audio is just a passion.

And you're always welcome to come here dude.
Old 27th June 2006, 18:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are represented here in India, but teh products with B&W is too costly to make it VFM. Their website even has a link for products taht are available for India.
Jk, thats how I tracked down their dealers in chennai to install mine. I feel its worth the extra bucks since you get peace of mind and know you have brought a genuine piece. I guess if we all start thinking like this, there will be no grey market at all.

Remember, what happened in mobile phone industry. First it was all grey, but now have you heard of anyone buying phones from grey market? Import duties, taxes fell and grey was just not attractive anymore. For a few hundred rupees, you get warranty and bill.

Same happened to GOLD, remember our old malayalam movies where Jayan, Madhu and Umaar and the gang used to be gold smugglers??? No gold smuggling anymore... Same for car audio
Old 28th June 2006, 22:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Experts, Is there any way I can connect a ipod or MP3 music player to the Pioneer 3850 HU? I removed it and saw only a outlet for Amp on the rear of the HU.

Will I need to do any formatting or some wizardy before I connect the player? Can a connection jack be used?

Any preventive maintainence schedules I need to know to keep it running in good condition? Does the lens cleaner cause any damage?

Sorry for many questions. I am a new user.
Old 28th June 2006, 23:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Think you Hu dont support external connectivity to Ipod and hence you have use the FM thingy solution.
Old 29th June 2006, 01:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"FM thingy solution".
What is this Jkdas? Please explain on how I can set this up.
Old 29th June 2006, 06:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

IPod to FM transmitter, trasmits FM signals, its to be received by the HU's FM. Simple,

How about adding a DVD changer with teh same tech? It has its own controller. You can connect it to an LCD and hear sound using the car audio system via the FM way. Tempting?
Old 29th June 2006, 14:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IPod to FM transmitter, trasmits FM signals, its to be received by the HU's FM. Simple,

How about adding a DVD changer with teh same tech? It has its own controller. You can connect it to an LCD and hear sound using the car audio system via the FM way. Tempting?
Awesome, really tempting. You have set me to think, Jkdas. How do I set this up? I need to have a transmiter separately? Is that info anwhere on the forum??

I wont get peace until I learn how to do this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks