Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 17:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Tata Safari Storme

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
... They should have made a proper slot for 2-Din. ...
It is complicated. The dash mechanicals haven't been changed from Safari DICOR days. To accommodate 2DIN they have to completely redesign the dash mechanicals (AC airpath, knob locations and cable routing, etc. etc.), which will push up cost.

Quote:
... It can be seen in this picture http://www.tatasafari.com/static/suv...ari-storme.php too ... From the safari storme page - looks like it is TATA who is providing this but OEM as i hear is Blaupunkt. ...
Oh hey, that is actually a good solution. This is a 1DIN fold-away screen (electrically withdrawn into HU on power down) with most facilities one finds in 2DIN HUs. It won't come in the way of the shifter, and is quite robust. It is branded Tata because it is OE supply. Whether Blaupunkt or Pioneer, it would be good - both have A.S.S. presence in India.

Quote:
... any recommendations or combination (HU/ Speakers/ sub?) which will work better in a spacious cabin? Requirement is; Good SQ and should be in the budget of 35 to 40K!
The key issue is availability of 5.25" speakers (I am not sure if it is still 5.25" or have they changed it). This size is not available in most makes, so one has to scan the market. The alternative is to mount 6.5" on an MDF plate and mount it instead of the OE grill, but this doesn't look OE.

Don't worry about the 'combination' - HUs work well with most speakers. Include Infinity Kappa, Rainbow, Focal, Morel etc. in your speakers scan. 2-way Components in front, matching coaxials in rear doors. You may even be able to sneak in a 4-channel amp in that budget, like the Kenwood M846 (6K), and a 12" sub in a sealed box (JBL, Infinity, Polk etc.; about 5-6K)
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 18:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Oh hey, that is actually a good solution. This is a 1DIN fold-away screen (electrically withdrawn into HU on power down) with most facilities one finds in 2DIN HUs. It won't come in the way of the shifter, and is quite robust. It is branded Tata because it is OE supply. Whether Blaupunkt or Pioneer, it would be good - both have A.S.S. presence in India.
What about this HU from Pioneer - http://pioneer-india.in/shop/avh-x7750bt/

Looks better than the OE one offered as part of the Explorer edition. Price is ~30k in Snapdeal.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : Tata Safari Storme-avhx7750bt_rc_rd_ri_blue_front_top.jpg  

Old 11th December 2014, 18:46   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
What about this HU from Pioneer ...
It is good. 30K is a stiff price though, considering Navigation is not bundled. A regular 2DIN with same specs costs 20-23K; 30-35K with Navigation.
Old 8th May 2015, 16:44   #34
BHPian

Can someone help me where I can get Alpine BT Single DIN HU in Chennai. I want to use it with Hertz Components in front and Hertz Coax in mid for the time being. Later i will add a 4 channel Hertz AMP if i need more oomph.
Old 8th August 2015, 07:04   #35
BHPian

I am back and with money to spare for now
I have a strange problem. My Alpine HU while good for basic listening is still struggling to provide me with a richer sound output. Having removed the stock speakers and replaced it with Fosgate i am contemplating changing my HU. Now my need of HU is as follows

FM Radio
Aux in - For the phone when my son wants the ipod at home
USB in - For the missus who prefers her set
IPod in - Would prefer this as there is no need to then carry a charger/docking station
Bluetooth compatibility with both Android and Windows phone - the HU should be able to read the phonebook and call history

Secondly - the music output that comes from your mobile phone is fairly low and you will need an amp to improve it as it feeds into the HU. Are there HU which are able to boost the output from Aux In before throwing it back at you.

I had a JVC earlier in my Fusion and that was a sweet one. It was a yesteryear double din with cassette and cd and aux. The sound that it could generate was brilliant with a good bass and a wonderful mid section. There was no thumping of bass, but it was not flat either. The mid ranges were fairly even and the high ranges did not warble

Can experts suggest a good HU that i can pick up within 20k or so. Thanks in advance
Old 10th August 2015, 14:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
... good HU that i can pick up within 20k or so. ...
Storme would mean a 1DIN HU. Kenwood KDC-X700BT, or KDC-U563BT. Would satisfy all your needs.
Old 10th August 2015, 15:11   #37
BHPian

@DerAlte - Thanks for your suggestions

Having read through multiple threads, it seems that an amp upgrade is quite necessary. Can this mitigate the change of HU in terms of SQ.
Old 10th August 2015, 16:04   #38
BHPian

hello everyone.
Guys can you please advise which speakers can be installed in the rear doors of Safari Dicor which can give decent bass output? Budget I am having no idea to be honest, would 5K fetch something decent enough? HU is the standard Alpine one and front has components (cant recollect which ones).

Last edited by avisidhu : 10th August 2015 at 16:09.
Old 11th August 2015, 14:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
.. which speakers can be installed in the rear doors of Safari Dicor which can give decent bass output? ...
None of the 5.25" coaxes that fit in the OE location have decent bass output. The only way to find one that is half-decent is to go to an installer, swap the OE speakers with an aftermarket coaxial (as many brands as you can), and see if one of them satisfies you.

6.5" coaxials are marginally better, but that would need you to mount them from outside with an MDF plate and the grill that comes with the speaker, not directly in the OE location. The MDF plate mounts with screws (screwed from inside the door pad) in the same location as the OE grill.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 15:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

ICE Upgrade for 2016 TATA Storme Varicor400 (stock Harman HU)

ICE upgrade : Tata Safari Storme-dsc_0065w.jpg
  • Your Car: 2016 Safari storme VX 400nm
  • Budget Range: 15~20k
  • Looking For: Speaker+ Subwoofer+ Amplifier upgrade with Stock HU
  • Preferred Brands: any
  • Preferred Music Genre: Bollywood/Dub-step/Electropop/RnB/ mostly remix versions of Bollywood & Western music.
  • Existing Audio Setup: OE setup with 2 tweeters & 4 door speakers by Harman.
  • Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Does any one know the availability of pre amp output from Harman HU. It has one Aux-in & usb port with Bluetooth.
I had installed Pioneer 5490sd + JBL GTO 609c 6" 1/2 + GTO 949 6"x9" (no sub or amp) in our Xylo D4, Expecting better sound than this.
Old 30th April 2016, 08:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Tata Safari Storme

@DerAlte / all,

Am finding the output from the Stock Alpine HU too flat. Speakers are Diamond Audio in stock locations. What would you suggest to improve the SQ ? Do not need high bass levels.

No specific genre. Older Hindi songs, Some Classic Rock, some Hindustani & devotional. Also Radio Indigo / regular Hindi FM channels.

The Storme & the current HU are wired to connect the phone's BT, but I do not really need that.

I am not looking at a high-budget change, though.

Last edited by condor : 30th April 2016 at 08:59.
Old 30th April 2016, 12:29   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Am finding the output from the Stock Alpine HU too flat. Speakers are Diamond Audio in stock locations. What would you suggest to improve the SQ ?
Judicious use of EQ might be able to help.
Old 30th April 2016, 22:34   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Judicious use of EQ might be able to help.
No sir, not much in it. Bass / Treble adjustment, HPF @ 60/80/100 Hz.
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:17   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
No sir, not much in it. Bass / Treble adjustment, HPF @ 60/80/100 Hz.
Are you open to adding an amplifier to the set up?
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:28   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, Navin - Can try that option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks