Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2006, 16:38   #16
BHPian

Questions questions more questions???

Thanks LBM...I will still opt to take a rain check on the active sub...Maybe something to addon later ....Do let me know the prices and models of the speakers (uip front and at the back).Pictures of the 6*9 install as you mentioned would be welcome.

Guys,
How would a PIO 5850 compare vis a vis Alpine 9843 and Clarion 366/368 with the JBL's at the rear?

Another thing is that I wanna know if there are any single din's (santro doesnt have space for 2-DIN) which can play cassettes (have a huge collection ) along with CD/MP3 in my budget.Reason I never asked before was I wrongly thot there were no single DIN's with such a config...Else I will have to do the donkeys job of converting my cassettes into mp3 on my desktop.
btw my 'roadster' cassette reciever in my old car died a slow death a few months ago...lived for 20 long years!
Do u still get that brand in some market overseas?..Got it from Bangkok in the 80's.
Old 10th July 2006, 17:32   #17
Team-BHP Support

Yes I think Sanyo used to make one but it was not really available in India. However if you really need cassette and CD one option is to use a in dash cassette player with a 6/10/12 CD changer.

Google Sanyo FXCD 550 and you might find a link that shows you a CD-Cassette player. I had seen it at Fry's on one of my visits to the US 5-6 years ago.
Old 10th July 2006, 17:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

One thing u can do for sure get a cassette hu of sony or alpine hu and add a changer to it in that case u will be able to play ur casstte and cds and mp3`s also. I said sony and alpine not pioneer because pioneer does not mp3 changers , which it make are very expensive....
Old 10th July 2006, 18:08   #19
BHPian

hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Yes I think Sanyo used to make one but it was not really available in India. However if you really need cassette and CD one option is to use a in dash cassette player with a 6/10/12 CD changer.

Google Sanyo FXCD 550 and you might find a link that shows you a CD-Cassette player. I had seen it at Fry's on one of my visits to the US 5-6 years ago.
Just saw the links you had posted for sanyo in an earlier post but sadly i don't think I would get them here...i did enquire about a cd/mp3 changer but will it really fit in my budget?...Also where does one get the changer installed?...I've seen some in the boot of cars but like i said earlier i need the boot for carrying stuff and wouldnt want to damage my hi-fi equipment or my audio equip occupying the already smallish boot space of santro.

And Navin/LBM/others,
Whats with sony HU's?...I mean throughout this forum Ive seen posts which say that there is some lens problem after a while or that they are not as good as the others...Whats happened to the sony quality?..Should I really go for sony if there are better options (like you guys have suggested) available..I don't want to change the HU every 3 years and defintely wont buy sony speakers from what I've read on this forum.
Old 10th July 2006, 18:32   #20
BHPian

Any chance I can get hertz speakers with my budget or I'm just pushing things too far.

btw are we getting hertz in india/delhi/ncr...anyone care to let me know of dealers for these?
Old 10th July 2006, 18:57   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake6
Oops I know what 'friend' you are talking about ;-)...Read that Cinkara thread!!

Sam..How has the performance been ever since, was satisfaction guaranteed??....I meant of the 366 ofcourse ;-)
The performance is good. Built really well.Both the girl and the HU.
Old 10th July 2006, 23:18   #22
BHPian

yeah i'm curious as well.. how much do a decent pair of hertz components cost? 6" for example...
Old 10th July 2006, 23:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd
yeah i'm curious as well.. how much do a decent pair of hertz components cost? 6" for example...
Well, depends on what you consider decent really... for 6.5" 2way component systems... Here goes:

Dieci DSK165 - Rs 5350
Energy ESK165 - Rs 8170
Hi-Energy HSK165 - Rs 13800
Space K6L - Rs 18640
Space K6 - Rs 34450
Mille MLK2 - Rs 80180
Mille MLK2S - Rs 88270
Old 10th July 2006, 23:43   #24
BANNED

what is this I think this is not allowed on this site. Mods where are u. I think u must see to this matter urgently. how can he advertivise and use this forum as his marketplace. and this is not a personnal attack or any thing. In every thread I go I see hertz this hertz that. People chill out. Ok hertz make good speakers but there are other brand also. not everybody can afford them spending 80k on a speaker set.People can install a good system with this amount.what he wanna tell by saying to the person whos gonna install the whole system in 15k and the recommending him a 80k component set.

Mods please see to it

Last edited by panafax : 10th July 2006 at 23:50.
Old 10th July 2006, 23:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

panafax you need to cool down a bit, quake (the starter of the thread) and theEnd are both asking about prices for hertz speakers and Gunbir has merely stated the mrps for the same, and so can anybody else. There is no... so called "marketing" happening here. You have 3 posts to your credit and you seem to be monitoring the law and order situation already, sounds pretty fishy to me!
Old 11th July 2006, 00:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panafax
Mods please see to it
Dude, chillout. I am the first to police myself. I certainly dont need YOU to to that. They ASKED for this information, I did not solicit anything. I didnt recommend anyone anything... not the 5k set and certainly not the 80k set... Just wanted to answer this in one go rather than ask them what they consider decent.

You seem to have an agenda... atleast be upfront...

Last edited by gunbir : 11th July 2006 at 00:05.
Old 11th July 2006, 00:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what is this I think this is not allowed on this site. Mods where are u. I think u must see to this matter urgently. how can he advertivise and use this forum as his marketplace. and this is not a personnal attack or any thing. In every thread I go I see hertz this hertz that. People chill out. Ok hertz make good speakers but there are other brand also. not everybody can afford them spending 80k on a speaker set.People can install a good system with this amount.what he wanna tell by saying to the person whos gonna install the whole system in 15k and the recommending him a 80k component set.

Mods please see to it

... Panafax.... Chill buddy.... We have very capable set of Moderators... that said the ICE section sees a lot more freedom courtesy the maturity and the restraint exhibited so far... but of course you would'nt know that!.. take your time... READ the Announcements & rules section .... Spend some time surfing the forum...

NO one is 'FOR' or 'ANTI' anything... A person asked a question... and has been given a reply... why should anyone have a problem with that? ...

LAstly... If you know any information about HERTZ speakers, please share it with all of us... Lots of us here dying to know more... esp me since I am soon going to be picking one up!

Last edited by kb100 : 11th July 2006 at 00:11.
Old 11th July 2006, 00:10   #28
BANNED

dont clear ur pockets man, I just said what I say nothing else. rest u people chill out and start recommending things which are in everybody reach not extra heavily price. I dont think u are able to sell the 80k set more one set per month. so If u wanna give some advice try to be genuine and more tend towards the person who has asked. he might not wanna have such costly speakers. u could have added that they are very hifi stuff or recommended some thing in ur lower range which he can buy.

autopsyche said ->u have 3 posts to your credit and you seem to be monitoring the law and order situation already, sounds pretty fishy to me!

There is nothing fishy about it there are all fishes here.lol
Old 11th July 2006, 00:16   #29
BANNED

will back with some good report about the hertz and this site about hertz so the mods can do justice to this forum. till then bye
Old 11th July 2006, 00:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dont clear ur pockets man, I just said what I say nothing else. rest u people chill out and start recommending things which are in everybody reach not extra heavily price. I dont think u are able to sell the 80k set more one set per month.
Panafax... whats wrong... paper jam?

Dude did you actually read any words from me recommending the 80k set to anyone? In fact right above it was the 5k set... or did you not read that. I did not sell any "extra heavily price" products or for that matter any "very hifi" ones. Certain information was requested and I provided the same information in its entirety... Everybody is fine with this, the information seeker and the provider... Where do you come in...

In fact, I get the feeling if mods did an IP trace, your location would infact be far far away from the US... say more around these parts...

Last edited by gunbir : 11th July 2006 at 00:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks