Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2015, 03:23   #46
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Hi all.
This is my first ever post in TBHP. I hope I fare well on expectations of the moderators.
I am planning to go for Hyundai Grand I10 Asta (O). The car seems alright in every aspect expect the music system.I intend to change the entire configuration on day one of the car. I have shortlisted the following configuration. Please have a look and then respond to my queries.
1. Sony H.U. XAV-68BT//C
2. Sony xplod 5 way rear speakers. XS-N69502
3. Sony xlopd XS-GS1720S speakers for front.
4.Sony amplifier XM-N1004
I do not intend to get a sub woofer.
Here are my queries.
1. Can I get monitors fixed on integrated front headrests?
If there is video output on the HU
2. The speakers are installed in doors in the original configuration. The buff boards in door panels do get moist owing to water splashing in due course of time. Will such moisture affect the speakers too?.
Certainly yes water will effect but i dont think there is ever any water splashing in the inside
3. I intended to keep the steering wheel controls. Aftermarket fitments will surely affect these controls. I have heard about something called Steering wheel audio control adapter which helps to retain the steering controls. Is such adapter available for Hyundai Grand I10?
I have no idea regarding that
if yes, has anyone in forum used this adapter?Can I have feedback please.

Thanks in advance. .
Hello and welcome to T-Bhp .
I am not a guru but still i would like to help you with whatever little knowledge I have .
1. Sony H.U. XAV-68BT//C- No, there are better HU's in the market e.g Pioneer 2790 or 5790
2) Sony xplod 5 way rear speakers. XS-N69502- No, For that price you can get way better speakers e.g JBL GTO Series
3) Sony XS-GS1720S -No again , at this price maybe a pair of Infinity in the front would do more justice .
4)XM-N1004- Never heard them but the mind says JBL or Pioneer maybe JBL - GX-A644SI

Queries answered in bold

Please always listen to the speakers if it suits your needs then they are good as every person has different taste .
petroheadd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 08:38   #47
BHPian

My drive is Ritz Zxi,
Can I upgrade the four speakers(alone, no other mods) to Focal Performance 165AC
Access Series 6-3/4" coaxial 2-way speakershttp://www.focal-america.com/product/165ac/
and spice up with Dynamat Xtreme Door Kit 10435
Xtreme Door Sound Dampening Kit with Four 12" x 36" Pieceshttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Kit-10435.html.

Will the mounting dept be sufficient enough to accommodate them?
What is the cost of these speakers in india, few shops that stocks these in cochin are spurious ones
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:18   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulivan View Post
My drive is Ritz Zxi,
Can I upgrade the four speakers(alone, no other mods) to Focal Performance 165AC
Access Series 6-3/4" coaxial 2-way speakershttp://www.focal-america.com/product/165ac/
and spice up with Dynamat Xtreme Door Kit 10435
Xtreme Door Sound Dampening Kit with Four 12" x 36" Pieceshttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Kit-10435.html.

Will the mounting dept be sufficient enough to accommodate them?
What is the cost of these speakers in india, few shops that stocks these in cochin are spurious ones
It would be a tight fit. You need at least 2.5" of clearance (1/2" more in you want to put Dynamat behind the speaker as well) for these speakers. Otherwise they are good speakers.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
It would be a tight fit. You need at least 2.5" of clearance (1/2" more in you want to put Dynamat behind the speaker as well) for these speakers. Otherwise they are good speakers.

Can you suggest other brand/model speakers of equal or better quality with no issue with the mounting depth.
The speaker pair cost about US$-220 ($440 for 4nos) and I don't have time to spare as my co-brother will arrive by next month.
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:18   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulivan View Post
Can you suggest other brand/model speakers of equal or better quality with no issue with the mounting depth.
The speaker pair cost about US$-220 ($440 for 4nos) and I don't have time to spare as my co-brother will arrive by next month.
JL Audio's Evolution series is designed for less than 2" mounting depth and so is Infinity's Reference Series (about 2 1/18").

Then there is this DLS pair
http://www.amazon.com/DLS-RCS6-2-Ste...%3A19000-25000

here I found the Infinity Reference too!
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R650...cx.html?tp=106

Oh and if you want so get a good damping material do look at second skin's Damplifer. I have not seen it in India but since you are importing everything this product offers Dynamat level damping at a lower price.
http://store.secondskinaudio.com/damplifier-pro/
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 15:45   #51
BHPian

Quick update -

Added a monoblock amplifier dedicated to the sub now! Model is Acustika AKH 600.1 as seen below.

(image of amp for illustrative purposes only, although my install looks almost as clean as this one!)

The dual benefit of this upgrade is that my rear speakers have now gone back to being amp-powered through my original Focal Solid 4. So the result is that I have resounding audio throughout the cabin with powerful sub-bass coming from the back!

Last edited by vezj420 : 16th July 2015 at 15:52.
vezj420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 06:46   #52
MSC
BHPian

Hi.
Has anyone changed the headunit of Grand/Xcent? If yes can you please post the pictures of aftermarket H.U. in place?
Going by looks, it seems very difficult to get an aftermarket fit in H.U. slot.
Old 1st October 2015, 09:45   #53
BHPian

Grand i10 Manga - USB and AUX retrofit query.

I have Grand i10 Magna which does not come with a factory fitted stereo. I bought a OEM stereo off OLX.COM from a Grand i10 Asta owner since he has upgraded. Since Magna does not have AUX iPod USB socket as in Sports/Asta variants. Is there any way to install Hyundai USB and AUX ports? If not, any aftermarket alternative?

Please advise.

Moderator's Note: Please SEARCH the forums before creating threads on topics that have been discussed earlier. Post moved. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st October 2015 at 10:24.
Old 24th March 2017, 15:08   #54
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent

Dear all,

Planning to upgrade the stock ICE of my Xcent in coming few days. The SQ from the current stock setup , though still better than some its counterparts - leaves a bit to be desired.

I am looking at decent bass , good sound clarity - but with following caveats:

1) Planning to retain stock HU.
2) No plans to add subwoofer, Amp ever.
3) Thinking of a speaker only change(both front and rear door) - with perhaps - a tweeter pair on the front (at the place where OVRMs are mounted).
4) Primarily looking for all round components (or will front component + rear coax config be better? )
5) I prefer minimal cutting of wires and i do not prefer speakers on the rear parcel tray.

Thanks in advance, for your inputs!
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:29   #55
BHPian

Slightly off topic but needed an answer.

Is there a way to access the front door speakers without taking out the entire trim? One of my speakers has met its end and vibrates horribly whenever there is a bass component in songs.

Dont wont to mess up the entire door trim myself while inspecting so thought of asking here.
Old 26th March 2018, 21:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post

Dont wont to mess up the entire door trim myself while inspecting so thought of asking here.
Have you tried tightening the screws on the door handle, and the coin pocket in the mid. Doing that fixed the vibrations for me.
Old 10th January 2019, 22:53   #57
BHPian

Hi All,

I am running a stock system on a grand i10 and would like to upgrade to something which offers decent bass. Not interested in getting an amplifier at the moment just the speaker upgrade to something that can offer better bass than the existing setup.

Any suggestions for a set of components that can offer good bass. My budget is around 6-7K for front set and another 5K if rear bass-centric speakers can also be squeezed in.

So a total of 12K max for the whole setup.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks